Roto: Finley not expected to stay in Green Bay after all | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roto: Finley not expected to stay in Green Bay after all

Another S. Holmes?

If this is any where close to a possibility, no thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

But Fasano is solid! He can block!:rolleyes2:

:lol: Fasano is the worst player of our offense and that's saying something considering the holes we got on our offensive line.

I've always been a fan of Finley's talent. But it does worry me if he has attitude problems in a clearly excellent environment (great QB, team success, surrounded by great WR talent, offense that spreads it around and scores tons of points, very positive media city, etc. etc. etc.), how would he do in the tempting environment of Miami with an army of hangers-on, a bashing media who isn't very knowledgable about football, and a rebuilding team that does not score lots of points? It might be fine ... but it does concern me.

i do think the "Miami is a pit of temptation" angle is a bit exaggerated (when you're young, rich, famous and fun-lovin, EVERYWHERE is a pit of temptation, even Cleveland). But I share your concern.

The thing that really struck me about that highlight video though was how they used him. Finley has deep speed and explosiveness yet they used him in exactly the same way Notre Dame used Eifert minus the jump balls. Just about all of those routes and minor separation throws that Finley provided in that highlight film could be done as well or better by Tyler Eifert, who I believe is far less explosive and has far less deep speed. What Eifert does have is length and natural hands, which were the basis of most of those throws that Finley caught on that highlight video. I didn't see the type of deep throws that the Chargers throw to Gates or the 49'ers throw to Vernon Davis.

I noticed the same. Not the contrast with Eifert part (valid point), but the conservative way he seems to be targeted. Is that down to Finley or GB? Philbin will at least have the answer to that one.

I'd rely on Coach PHILBIN's judgment on virtually all of this. That being said...

(1) I'd make WALLACE a BIGTIME priority. Unless MIAMI gets an NFL-ready deep threat WR, it's going to face at least a tightened up "D", and probably "8-In-The-Box" very, VERY, often: simply because MIAMI would be unable to PUNISH opponents who did so!! And it'll be bye-bye running game (which should be a strength) and short-to-intermediate passing game...AGAIN! That is to say, "deja vu all over again"! Once our opponents figured out that we had no true deep threat other than maybe BUSH, things went down fairly quickly, in terms of the "O". Drafting a "college boy" risks (a) a bust; and (b) waiting for him to adapt to the NFL game. Well, I'm sick of waiting! MIAMI can do some real good in F/A for a change. So, why not do it?

(2) A TE with a CASE OF "THE DROPSIES" is NOT a good idea AT ALL. I don't give a hoot WHAT his upside is. This year's Draft has at least 2 topshelf TEs, and there are a number of very, very good NFL TEs available in F/A, including a very good one on a hated Division Rival (that individual would be who I'd go after). But just GET ONE who doesn't have a case of "the dropsies"!

Sign him up please, good player with the potential to be great.

We know why the Packers are letting Jennings walk. He's a free agent, wants a good final contract to finish his career on and the Packers are stacked at WR anyway. You have to ask yourself why the Packers would CUT a player as young as Finley. Think about it.

Finley and Jennings....then draft Berkevious Mingo @1,Xavier Rhodes CB @2a, and Steadman Bayley @2b, then Tank Carradine and best T on the board with our 3rds, and we´re on our way!!

We know why the Packers are letting Jennings walk. He's a free agent, wants a good final contract to finish his career on and the Packers are stacked at WR anyway. You have to ask yourself why the Packers would CUT a player as young as Finley. Think about it.

That's fair.

Naturally I end up thinking it's because the relationship between Aaron Rodgers and Jermichael Finley is beyond repair. But that could be a very rationalized explanation that seeks to explain the problem in such a way that the Dolphins could still find value in him.

yet another shameless patterson plug. the real reason for these threads. lol

Probably because he due to make $8 million next season, and is hardly worth $8 million a season. Good player, but $8 million? That puts him as the 2nd highest paid TE in the league behind Gronkowski's monster contract. I don't see how this is any different than the Jake Long situation - decent player making too much money....is he worth it?

In terms of connections he's also Jorvorskie Lane's half brother.

If we could have this as our offence I'd be deleriously excited about next season:

QB Tannehill
HB Miller, Goodson, Thomas
FB Lane
WR Jennings, Bess, Matthews
WR Patterson, Bailey
TE Finley, Fasano, Clay

Probably because he due to make $8 million next season, and is hardly worth $8 million a season. Good player, but $8 million? That puts him as the 2nd highest paid TE in the league behind Gronkowski's monster contract. I don't see how this is any different than the Jake Long situation - decent player making too much money....is he worth it?
As ck mentions there is a rift there between him and Rodgers...is there a personality problem with Finley? You also have his agent bad mouthing Rodgers...is that something we want to bring in here if Finley isn't getting enough passes thrown his way?

For the last two years he's had issues catching the ball, he drops a lot of passes. Couple that with some personality conflicts with the QB and his agent being a big mouth and there you have the reason why he's getting cut. People want to get rid of Jake Long cause he's under performing, Finley is in the same boat. Maybe the change in scenery will do him some good but you also have to wonder if he was bad mouthing Aaron Rodgers what's going to happen when Tannehill struggles? And he will struggle, all QBs go through struggles especially this early in his career.

As ck mentions there is a rift there between him and Rodgers...is there a personality problem with Finley? You also have his agent bad mouthing Rodgers...is that something we want to bring in here if Finley isn't getting enough passes thrown his way?

For the last two years he's had issues catching the ball, he drops a lot of passes. Couple that with some personality conflicts with the QB and his agent being a big mouth and there you have the reason why he's getting cut. People want to get rid of Jake Long cause he's under performing, Finley is in the same boat. Maybe the change in scenery will do him some good but you also have to wonder if he was bad mouthing Aaron Rodgers what's going to happen when Tannehill struggles? And he will struggle, all QBs go through struggles especially this early in his career.

Agree with all of that, but if he were a cheap $2 mill a year, I doubt he'd be released. I personally don't want him just based on money alone, and when you add the abrasive personality, well.....even if he is an upgrade it just doesn't look like a match for us.

Honestly I'm in love with Finley

if I had to pick between Jennings Fasano and Patterson and Hartline Finley Patterson, I'd pick the latter.

Back
Top Bottom