Roto: Finley not expected to stay in Green Bay after all | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roto: Finley not expected to stay in Green Bay after all

Honestly I'm in love with Finley

if I had to pick between Jennings Fasano and Patterson and Hartline Finley Patterson, I'd pick the latter.

We are not talking Gronkowski or Graham here man, every Packer fan I know cannot wait until the guy is booted out of Green Bay. This does not let out good vibes IMO, and better options are out there.

We are not talking Gronkowski or Graham here man, every Packer fan I know cannot wait until the guy is booted out of Green Bay. This does not let out good vibes IMO, and better options are out there.

I agree, but at the same time he is still so young. He will end up somewhere else, and has potential to produce well, the gamble is will his attitude issues follow him? I could somewhat see some relation between him and Brandon Marshall. Marshall obviously a more elite player, but look how he transformed himself after landing back in Chi town. Maybe Finley could find a home here...in the end I doubt he's a Phin, mainly because it's a stretch believing he won't have attitude issues here, and Philbin won't want to even entertain that possibility.

Guys we are trying to change our culture to a winning team. All signs say this guy is an underachiever who doesn't work hard. I'd rather have keller, i think he is an elite te held back by a ****ty qb.

Just like Matt Flynn, Philbin will know if he is worth it, or how much he is worth. If we make a hard push, then I trust Philbin that his attitude will not be an issue.

I'd take Tyler Eifert or Zach Ertz over this guy any day of the week. Did you guys even read that McGinn article Fin Thirteen posted? Finley looks like a train wreck looking for a place to happen.

Guys we are trying to change our culture to a winning team. All signs say this guy is an underachiever who doesn't work hard. I'd rather have keller, i think he is an elite te held back by a ****ty qb.

Please don't kid yourself. The guy is 6 feet. Way too short for a tight end. And if I want Jennings and bess, we would have the shortest offense in the league if we got Keller as well.

eifert and Ertz are not good. I don't know why people like these guys. They're not seam threats. Neither will even amount to a Greg Olsen.

As ck mentions there is a rift there between him and Rodgers...is there a personality problem with Finley? You also have his agent bad mouthing Rodgers...is that something we want to bring in here if Finley isn't getting enough passes thrown his way?

For the last two years he's had issues catching the ball, he drops a lot of passes. Couple that with some personality conflicts with the QB and his agent being a big mouth and there you have the reason why he's getting cut. People want to get rid of Jake Long cause he's under performing, Finley is in the same boat. Maybe the change in scenery will do him some good but you also have to wonder if he was bad mouthing Aaron Rodgers what's going to happen when Tannehill struggles? And he will struggle, all QBs go through struggles especially this early in his career.

1. Yes he definitely has had personality problems that many fellow Packers have alluded to. When Jermichael says something and teammates around him just roll their eyes and say "That's just Jermichael being Jermichael" then you know he's established a reputation there for being less than a good soldier.

2. That said I find it curious we've now got three instances of people not getting on with Aaron Rodgers. Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers hated one another. Jermichael's agent had to feel pretty damn strongly to lose control and say what he said, because it had very real and very negative consequences. What did Aaron Rodgers do to draw out that kind of anger and loss of control? Lastly, look at how much Greg Jennings' sister blasted Aaron Rodgers recently on twitter. Most people just remember the "take your talents to south beach" comment but when you looked at everything she was saying, she was SEETHING at Aaron Rodgers. Hates him. Unlike Jermichael, and to an extent even unlike Brett Favre, Jennings has a reputation as a reasonable, nice guy. It's starting to look like the common denominator in all this is Aaron Rodgers.

3. I think it's fairly understood that in Miami he wouldn't make the $8 million he's set to get this year. Maybe $5 million. Is that worth it?

I've had Finley on my fantasy teams the past 3 seasons, so i watched him with interest. I think he was more explosive a year or two ago. Maybe it was injury but he looked like he lost a step. Couple that with his attitude issues, and his value goes down to me. I'd take him for $5 M though. I don't see him as elite but he can be solid.

Cook seems more explosive to me in the seam at this stage but Finley may be more well rounded.

Keller seems like an under-achiever.

1. Yes he definitely has had personality problems that many fellow Packers have alluded to. When Jermichael says something and teammates around him just roll their eyes and say "That's just Jermichael being Jermichael" then you know he's established a reputation there for being less than a good soldier.

2. That said I find it curious we've now got three instances of people not getting on with Aaron Rodgers. Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers hated one another. Jermichael's agent had to feel pretty damn strongly to lose control and say what he said, because it had very real and very negative consequences. What did Aaron Rodgers do to draw out that kind of anger and loss of control? Lastly, look at how much Greg Jennings' sister blasted Aaron Rodgers recently on twitter. Most people just remember the "take your talents to south beach" comment but when you looked at everything she was saying, she was SEETHING at Aaron Rodgers. Hates him. Unlike Jermichael, and to an extent even unlike Brett Favre, Jennings has a reputation as a reasonable, nice guy. It's starting to look like the common denominator in all this is Aaron Rodgers.

3. I think it's fairly understood that in Miami he wouldn't make the $8 million he's set to get this year. Maybe $5 million. Is that worth it?

This ever occurred to me, but you might be on to something here.

It was quite clear Rogers made an effort not to go to jermichael this hear. And IMO, no matter what the issue between them that's just not right

This ever occurred to me, but you might be on to something here.

It was quite clear Rogers made an effort not to go to jermichael this hear. And IMO, no matter what the issue between them that's just not right
Jermichael Finley had the 3rd most targets on the Packers team.

I've never really heard of any issues with Mike Wallace except the contract.

He's very tempting but he's not a complete receiver. I'm just a little scared that he'll come to Miami and in our system not look as interesting. You'd hate for him to JUST be a guy that scares defenses into keeping a safety deep. You want him to actually participate and produce.

I agree with this premise. Wallace is like the cherry on top for an offense. First priority receiver-wise should be a complete, alpha receiver. This is why Pitt is letting him walk; they think they can get better value through the draft. Wallace is nothing without Rapelisberger's deep-ball ability. The fins should also try to get the deep threat through the draft.

Packers also have tons of talent at TE therefore 8 mil for Finley is too much. Also as CK just mentioned, Rodgers may be the common denominator for bad relationships. Just because he seems like a good guy doesn't always make it so. Finley for 4-6 mil for 5 years and we don't talk about the position for that long. Bring in Wallace to take the top off and Finley will have lots of room to work underneath or the opposite. Wallace runs some crossing routes with the Safety paying attention to him and run Finley on a deep corner route, bam. I love just the damn idea of it all. IF we could get any of the three top TEs ( Finley, Cook, Keller, listed in order of preference) with one of the tope three WR ( Jennings, Wallace, Bowe) and I think you see a much different offense next year. If we were able to grab Finley and Jennings with their knowledge of our system would help Tannehill grow leaps and bounds. Add in a young receiver or two and we look down right scary.

Back
Top Bottom