Rumor: Fins Hoping to Reunite Tanny and Swope | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Fins Hoping to Reunite Tanny and Swope

Mike Wallace and Ryan Swope on the outside with Bess and Matthews in the slot and Miller in the backfield. Beautiful. It'd be great.if we could nab Swope with our top 3rd rounder, although he may even be worth a 2nd.

Huge reach. Why not let the combine happen before making such statements? A 2nd for 4th round talent....

Well I think he has Jordie Nelson type talent. I think his toughness was the reason A&M beat Alabama. He was a headcase for Alabama and they didn't expect him to ball out like he did, he tore them up on the seam.

Would you draft Jordie Nelson with a 2nd round pick? I would. But I think Swope will be there in the third round, I hope.

My fear is that they pass on Stedman to bring Swope here. Or that they take em both and don't address the WR issue in Free Agency. That's what I meant when I said hoping it was only a rumor, I should have been more clear about that. Assuming they take em both and move a guy like Bess, I'd be more on board with it. I don't think it's wise to pass on Stedman should he be available. I also don't think it's wise to pass on a Free Agent to save money. Those are my fears.

Teal, I think Miami is going to be more aggressive as far as WR, then any year ever. Don't be surprised if Miami gets one of the big three in FA, then in the draft, ends up drafting 2 receivers within their 1st 5 picks (1st to 4th). Miami wants to be a top passing team in this offense, they needed young franchise QB ( I really believe they got one), they now need to fix their receivers, and don't be surprised, if within those 5 picks, it's 2 receivers, and a pass-catching TE.

Well I think he has Jordie Nelson type talent. I think his toughness was the reason A&M beat Alabama. He was a headcase for Alabama and they didn't expect him to ball out like he did, he tore them up on the seam.

Would you draft Jordie Nelson with a 2nd round pick? I would. But I think Swope will be there in the third round, I hope.

As someone who actually watched Jordy Nelson in HS and at KST. I have been a huge fan. Jordy has always had the size, smarts and speed to excel in football. But reading the opinions here of Swope, he is a pure slot. Not a boundary threat. Where as Jordy Nelson excels where ever you put him. Also Jordy is a big 6'3.

I will be honest though, with TAM moving to the SEC this past year, I didn't watch much of them. But off of 2011, I was never impressed w/ TAM...Sherman and Tannehill included. Its why I don't care much for Sherman, and why I thought Tannehill should have been taken later (15-25).

imagesqtbnANd9GcTWfEM2evCLFU5unPQQc6lXIA-1.jpg
Sucks u can't face reality.

Sucks u can't face reality.

What sucks is you Ireland haters, actually offer nothing but the same ole chit. Hint: we get it. We all get it. Just because you and many like you continue to beat the same drum, won't change a thing. You guys are like broken records. Same chit different day.

**** ya...I would love this!! Make this guy a phin! He is an instant starter in this offense and had his best year with Tanny boy. I think we will have to take him with our 1st 3rd round pick to get him.

I think he reaches the 4th (Even though I believe he is worth more then a 4th), but who knows, then again if he has the type of combines I believe he is capable of, he may even be taken by someone in the 2nd.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/...ok-to-reunite-ryan-swope-with-ryan-tannehill/

Not really the news we were hoping for. Here's to hoping that this is only a rumor and nothing more. Nice chemistry, but not the guy we need.

What's the problem, Swope is a bigger, stronger version of Wes Welker and Davone Bess with longer speed. He is an upgrade over Marlon Moore and Armon Binns. Grabbing Swope with our latter 3rd round pick would be ideal, but we may have to snatch him up with our early 3rd pick.

And don't worry, I'm sure we are going to either acquire one of the big FA Wrs (Jennings, Wallace, or Bowe) and/or draft a first-round talent WR; I'm hoping its Cordarelle Patterson, that guy is a PLAYMAKER and future stud in the NFL.

We currently have 7 WRs on our roster. Brian Hartline (if we re-sign him), Davone Bess, Armon Binns, Jeff Fuller, Rishard Matthews, Marlon Moore, and Brian Tyms.

This is what I would like to see on our roster look like after the FA/Draft for WRs:

Greg Jennings, Cordarelle Patterson, Davone Bess, Ryan Swope, Rishard Matthews, Jeff Fuller, Armon Binns (1st yr WR needs a longer look), and Brian Tyms (deep speed practice Squad WR). This unit not only improves our speed significantly but also mixes in some pretty good possession WRs.

If we do sign of the big FA WR, there is no need to re-sign Brian Hartline for $6 mil a year to be our #2 when Patterson would be more effective for less money. If we did re-sign Hartline, Patterson would take the job out right before October ends so it makes no sense to me. Don't get me wrong, I like Hartline, he plays hard but we need playmakers who score TDs, and once we sign a big FA WR, there is no need to speed more money on a #2 when we can grab a really good WR in the draft.

It should be noted there is absolutely nothing in that article whatsoever justifying the article title: "NFL Rumors: Miami Dolphins Will Look To Reunite Ryan Swope With Ryan Tannehill"

It's click-engineering journalism at its absolute finest. Pure garbage.

i agree not a win guy on the boundary...so i don't think the he's better than hartline stuff earlier in this thread makes a lot of sense there...but lets say he does run low 4.5's or 4.5 flat i'll be shocked if a slot wr who measures out at 6 ft with that kind of production and damn good speed for the inside last til the 5th round...really dumbfounded...

Are 6ft guys who run in the 4.5s all that uncommon? Seems like there's a bucket full of those guys every year. BJ Cunningham and Rishard Matthews both fit that profile and were taken in the 6th and 7th rounds. And anyway is there a confirmation that Swope is a full 6ft. 206? He always struck me as sort of a boxy 5'10 guy, but I guess I could be wrong.

he's the prototype slot wr for this offense and plays very smart...which philbin is huge on...and you need in this system...only thing that keeps him out of say tavon austin level grade is austin has explosive rediculous acceleration and straight line speed plus serious shake and bake and home run hitting ability...that and the specials return he offers...and thats why he's getting a lot of late round 1 buzz these days

Oh, is that all? :lol:

That stuff makes a huge deal, at least to me. This offense already has "skilled" guys to move the ball between the 20s. We need guys who can put the ball in the end zone, and that's not what spending a third round pick on Swope is going to get me.

as far as i'm concerned as a true slot swope should be the 2nd guys name taken off the board come april...

Perhaps. But "true slot" guys have limited value, at least to me. They didn't have one in Green Bay when Philbin was there either until they took Cobb, and he's much closer to Tavon Austin than Ryan Swope. Green Bay used outside win guys on the inside, which is what you should be looking for. You don't want a defense to know exactly where everyone's going to line up when you bring in a particular personnel grouping, but a guy like Swope does that just like Bess does. His limitations force the offense to be more predictable, which allows the defense to dictate more than you should let them. We had the same problem with Bess and Brandon Marshall. Every team knew exactly where those guys were going to line up, because even if the Dolphins broke their habit and put Bess on the outside, he was basically being neutralized by the formation rather than the defense. It's like tying your arm behind your back.

I'd much rather spend an earlier pick on Stedman Bailey and get a truly threatening slot guy who can also win on the outside. You get a guy like that now you're dictating to the defense. That's worth more than the extra resource you have to spend to get him, imo.

Are 6ft guys who run in the 4.5s all that uncommon? Seems like there's a bucket full of those guys every year. BJ Cunningham and Rishard Matthews both fit that profile and were taken in the 6th and 7th rounds. And anyway is there a confirmation that Swope is a full 6ft. 206? He always struck me as sort of a boxy 5'10 guy, but I guess I could be wrong.

Oh, is that all? :lol:

That stuff makes a huge deal, at least to me. This offense already has "skilled" guys to move the ball between the 20s. We need guys who can put the ball in the end zone, and that's not what spending a third round pick on Swope is going to get me.

Perhaps. But "true slot" guys have limited value, at least to me. They didn't have one in Green Bay when Philbin was there either until they took Cobb, and he's much closer to Tavon Austin than Ryan Swope. Green Bay used outside win guys on the inside, which is what you should be looking for. You don't want a defense to know exactly where everyone's going to line up when you bring in a particular personnel grouping, but a guy like Swope does that just like Bess does. His limitations force the offense to be more predictable, which allows the defense to dictate more than you should let them. We had the same problem with Bess and Brandon Marshall. Every team knew exactly where those guys were going to line up, because even if the Dolphins broke their habit and put Bess on the outside, he was basically being neutralized by the formation rather than the defense. It's like tying your arm behind your back.

I'd much rather spend an earlier pick on Stedman Bailey and get a truly threatening slot guy who can also win on the outside. You get a guy like that now you're dictating to the defense. That's worth more than the extra resource you have to spend to get him, imo.
6ft 205 4.5 40 would be right in the range of what Green Bay targets

Back
Top Bottom