Rumor: Miami linked with Jack Mewhort | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Miami linked with Jack Mewhort

Phin fans on this board continue to advocate dumpster diving for oline MEN.

The FO agrees. Then we get echo chamber phrases like "pissing blood".

A Franchise with no identity or foundation.

Will Hernandez, a nasty, overpowering blocker who has started 37 career games at left guard has looked very good at the senior bowl
If we get Smith in the first. I would have no problem picking Hernandez up in the 2nd. It may be a little high, but like you say he is a bad man.:thumbsup

I'll never understand OL play. As an example, except for a few stretches, I'm watching the Patriots OL seemingly handle one of the best DL in the game today in the Jags. Brady sits there and on occasion has all day to throw.

The point I seriously doubt the Patriots have huge names at the position that are getting paid ridiculous amounts of money.

Why is it so hard to duplicate similar schemes and protection packages with equally decent lineman?

Can't we please sign someone without injuries or an injury background

Mewhort finished last season(2016) on IR and required surgery to address a “chondral defect’’ with his left knee. Pagano wasn’t certain the nature of the latest knee issue, but it likely deals with the same knee. Surgery once again is required(2017).

Played only 5 games in 2017

The Brightside is if we sign him, I doubt he takes a knee

It's almost like our front office is channelling its inner Trent Baalke he loved to draft and sign players that had ACL injuries!

Brady tends to get rid of the ball very quickly.......that also helps.

If the rumor is true, at least they seeing the problem. Fits our typical kind of free agent pick up though :frown

It's that time of year again, we'll be "rumored" to be "interested" in every free agent available.

Well eff it. Lets make it two years in a row that we bring in a LG and he doesnt make it to week 1.

This is a good interior OL draft class where it is weak in other areas of need. Just draft one. Wyatt Teller (round 3-5) is a road grader, Isaiah Wynn (2-3) has looked like a monster at the senior bowl.

I'll never understand OL play. As an example, except for a few stretches, I'm watching the Patriots OL seemingly handle one of the best DL in the game today in the Jags. Brady sits there and on occasion has all day to throw.

The point I seriously doubt the Patriots have huge names at the position that are getting paid ridiculous amounts of money.

Why is it so hard to duplicate similar schemes and protection packages with equally decent lineman?

So much of the O-Line success is about coaching and schemes, not individual talent. When we had Hudson Houck, we had a very good O-Line with, basically, mediocre talent. Since we let him go we've spent tons of draft picks and money on guys who were supposed to be great...and yet the overall line play sucked.

So much of the O-Line success is about coaching and schemes, not individual talent. When we had Hudson Houck, we had a very good O-Line with, basically, mediocre talent. Since we let him go we've spent tons of draft picks and money on guys who were supposed to be great...and yet the overall line play sucked.
You're absolutely correct. There is no salary cap for coaches. ROSS seems to have deep pockets, lets put together THE VERY BEST coaching staff in the NFL. When one of those guys becomes available we should jump & offer whoever that is top pay. We should've been doing this all along.

Yea we need to draft a guard in this draft . . . somewhere.

But i always expected them to plug holes in FA . . . Low risk with some ability to start if needed . . . Ala Ted Larsen. Dolphins want to draft the highest player on their board when they pick without being forced into a need.

This sounds like Larsen all over again. But lets relax a minute. We don't even know if the team really wants him. It's just a "rumor". I'm so sick of the team making the same mistakes over and over. Injured players, not caring about fixing the guard spot. Not drafting a real TE. Always with the old and injured stop gaps. Mando was right, the team has no real vision or real plan. They just patch things here and there. I'm so hoping this off season will be different but I'm not holding my breath

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom