Rumor: Miami linked with Jack Mewhort | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Miami linked with Jack Mewhort

This sounds like Larsen all over again. But lets relax a minute. We don't even know if the team really wants him. It's just a "rumor". I'm so sick of the team making the same mistakes over and over. Injured players, not caring about fixing the guard spot. Not drafting a real TE. Always with the old and injured stop gaps. Mando was right, the team has no real vision or real plan. They just patch things here and there. I'm so hoping this off season will be different but I'm not holding my breath

Ozzy rules!!

I think their is some vision under Gase/Grier. They have used FA to patch and have focused on the draft to get the best players on their board while not pigeon holing need. 2016 they were forced to take Xavian Howard in round 2 and that was literally the only "need pick" we forced in 2 years. And he looks like he could be a real good player so it has worked out.

Have no issues with the Stills deal or the Timmons deal and to a further extent the Branch deal. Even TJs deal is a fine deal as a risk reward player and the structure is very team friendly. Cap has gone up and so has the price of veteran stop gaps. Team was depleted of young defensive talent and that takes a few drafts to replenish.

Understood Cutler and Julius Thomas deals, focus was on defense and coach was familiar with these guys . . . They just arent the same players.

But have no idea why we didn't tender Kiko at the 2nd round level. . . . That was the biggest mistake they have made. Also they relied on Bushrod to give them one more year while they develop guys like Davis and Asiata.

Team just has to continue to draft well and continue to plug while these youngins develop. This is a big draft for Miami. They really need to finalize this defense, especially the middle third.

The staff belongs to Gase. He gets a budget to afford who can afford. Now if Gase wants the best coach then should talk directly to Ross ands not Tbomb.

As it was earlier in this thread no salary cap on coaches and Ross has some deep pockets.

This class is deep at RB and interior lineman. My hope is that they don't wait around to round 3-4 for a guard it is a need and has been a need for a long time. Grab one, coach his ass up and get him in there.

if im going o line in the 2nd round at 43 off senior bowl showing the name on the card needs to be wynn from Georgia

he's made those one on ones look effortless...really good feet...

if im going o line in the 2nd round at 43 off senior bowl showing the name on the card needs to be wynn from Georgia

he's made those one on ones look effortless...really good feet...

That guy is impressive. Very quick and stout. Nobody is getting by him this week and he is set to have shoulder surgery next week. He will not play in the game and should be ready for camp.

I think their is some vision under Gase/Grier. They have used FA to patch and have focused on the draft to get the best players on their board while not pigeon holing need. 2016 they were forced to take Xavian Howard in round 2 and that was literally the only "need pick" we forced in 2 years. And he looks like he could be a real good player so it has worked out.

Have no issues with the Stills deal or the Timmons deal and to a further extent the Branch deal. Even TJs deal is a fine deal as a risk reward player and the structure is very team friendly. Cap has gone up and so has the price of veteran stop gaps. Team was depleted of young defensive talent and that takes a few drafts to replenish.

Understood Cutler and Julius Thomas deals, focus was on defense and coach was familiar with these guys . . . They just arent the same players.

But have no idea why we didn't tender Kiko at the 2nd round level. . . . That was the biggest mistake they have made. Also they relied on Bushrod to give them one more year while they develop guys like Davis and Asiata.

Team just has to continue to draft well and continue to plug while these youngins develop. This is a big draft for Miami. They really need to finalize this defense, especially the middle third.
I can agree with some of your point but not all of them.
I don't have a problem with Howard but you said we went best player and not need other than him? Do you actually believe Harris was the best player on their board? That was a need pick and I agree we needed a DE but that was a need pick and so was RM. Now please understand that I don't have a problem with drafting players we need but lets call those picks what they are.

I love the Stills deal just as much as you did.
TJM? I like the player but having two SS back there is not the way to go imo so that makes it a bad deal unless they trade Jones.
If this defense becomes great starting two SS and no FS then it'd probably be the first time in the history of the NFL that has happen

Agree Kiko was a bad deal that they didn't even need to do and Branch was a horrible deal. He's just a jag and they're paying him as a top DE. Great guy and hard worker for the looks of it but that's still a bad deal.

So as usual I agree with some stuff but not other

Ozzy rules!!

I don’t like tellers feet at all.

What’s Wynn got a torn shoulder labrum? Most impressive lineman I’ve seen this week. Although I haven’t seen much of the West Michigan kid

I don’t like tellers feet at all.

What’s Wynn got a torn shoulder labrum? Most impressive lineman I’ve seen this week. Although I haven’t seen much of the West Michigan kid

Wynn Also worked against Hand from bama most of the week and did more than hold his own. Other guys got some nice remarks, Hernadez was one, but Wynn is the better athlete. Played T at Georgia.

I can agree with some of your point but not all of them.
I don't have a problem with Howard but you said we went best player and not need other than him? Do you actually believe Harris was the best player on their board? That was a need pick and I agree we needed a DE but that was a need pick and so was RM. Now please understand that I don't have a problem with drafting players we need but lets call those picks what they are.

I love the Stills deal just as much as you did.
TJM? I like the player but having two SS back there is not the way to go imo so that makes it a bad deal unless they trade Jones.
If this defense becomes great starting two SS and no FS then it'd probably be the first time in the history of the NFL that has happen

Agree Kiko was a bad deal that they didn't even need to do and Branch was a horrible deal. He's just a jag and they're paying him as a top DE. Great guy and hard worker for the looks of it but that's still a bad deal.

So as usual I agree with some stuff but not other

Ozzy rules!!

Yea I think Harris was the best player on "their" board. Obviously this includes him as a scheme fit . . . You don't just BPa and don't have a plan . . . That is how u get Dion Jordan. I am not saying Harris as BPA at that point is right or wrong, it is pretty subjective. I think he was top dog as was Mcmillan.

Just because your BPA fits a need, doesn't make them "need" picks.

And TJs structure makes it a no brainer gamble . . .with or without Reshad. He's a 7 to 8 million dollar strong safety AAV . . . Dolphins get him for 2 years and 7.2 to utilize in a variety of roles . . . And if it works they still have him cheap at 3 and 17 if they want. Reshad's deal is very cuttable after 2018 as well. These are the gambles you can take in FA.

Branch got paid like a mid 20s veteran UFA DE that came off a quality season. Dolphins resigned him so they wouldn't have to force a need at DE in round 1.

He was banged up all year and underperformed.

And perhaps the most impressive part of Wynn’s week is that he’s doing all this good work at a position that he did not play all season: left guard. Yes, Wynn moved all round Georgia’s offensive line during his career and played plenty of guard, but throughout 2017 he was a mainstay at left tackle as a senior.

Some 2018 NFL Draft mock drafts project Wynn to join teammate Roquan Smith as Bulldogs who will be picked in the first round. With continual performances like this week from Wynn, which Georgia fans have watched for four seasons, a selection that early shouldn’t be a surprise.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football...senior-bowl-wins-offensive-lineman-week-award

Pro Football Focus‏Verified account @PFF Jan 25
. @FootballUGA offensive lineman Isaiah Wynn putting in some work in pass pro drills yesterday. Wynn allowed just five total pressures on 346 pass blocking snaps in 2017.

Alex Flanagan‏Verified account @Alex_Flanagan 19h19 hours ago
@FootballUGA O-lineman Isaiah Wynn showing his grit this week at @seniorbowl. Wynn has been playing with a torn labrum. He won't play in Saturday's game, but battled and had a great week of practice in Mobile. He is scheduled for surgery next week. Expected to be ready for camp.

This FO does not value OL the way some of us do, and can't seem to scout them anyway so..

I think they "try harder" on the DL for whatever that's worth.

Back
Top Bottom