Rumor: Miami linked with Jack Mewhort | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Miami linked with Jack Mewhort

One thing to keep on mind with o-line guys and the practices this week and this is just my opinion and I don't claim to be an expert. There's a big difference IMO going one on one in practice and then playing in actual games. I believe there are times when a guy can look good on those drills but then they don't match that to production in the games. See in those games you still have to do a job in the 2nd half. Some players that do it for 60 minutes while others become sloppy as the game goes on. So the practices can show a few things and they're important but the tape for their whole career means even more imo as far as what type of player you might be getting. Just saying

Ozzy rules!!

This is a good interior OL draft class where it is weak in other areas of need. Just draft one. Wyatt Teller (round 3-5) is a road grader, Isaiah Wynn (2-3) has looked like a monster at the senior bowl.
Billy turner for me. He can play guard but is a more natural center. So he can do what Tunsil did. Start guard for a year then when Pouncey is gone in 2019 hr can take over the center spot.

Yea I think Harris was the best player on "their" board. Obviously this includes him as a scheme fit . . . You don't just BPa and don't have a plan . . . That is how u get Dion Jordan. I am not saying Harris as BPA at that point is right or wrong, it is pretty subjective. I think he was top dog as was Mcmillan.

Just because your BPA fits a need, doesn't make them "need" picks.

And TJs structure makes it a no brainer gamble . . .with or without Reshad. He's a 7 to 8 million dollar strong safety AAV . . . Dolphins get him for 2 years and 7.2 to utilize in a variety of roles . . . And if it works they still have him cheap at 3 and 17 if they want. Reshad's deal is very cuttable after 2018 as well. These are the gambles you can take in FA.

Branch got paid like a mid 20s veteran UFA DE that came off a quality season. Dolphins resigned him so they wouldn't have to force a need at DE in round 1.

He was banged up all year and underperformed.
I'm sure the FO will tell us that Harris was just the top guy on their board but I just don't believe it for one minute.
I agree that you need a plan and I also agree that just because you draft a guy at a need position doesn't make him not the BPA
I don't think the money they gave TJM was too much. What I'm saying is that starting two SS is/was not a good idea and we see people here saying we need a FS and if we take James at 11 then what? Yes I know we could use TJM as a hybrid but was that really the plan all along? Did they know that James would be there in this coming draft when they gave him that deal. I guess at this point there are still questions about it but this season it did not work for us and every freaking TE was open in every freaking game and when you consider that a FS would probably been a better cover man then not having a FS and instead having two SS is not the way to go but that's just me......along with tons of people on this board.

I guess you're happy with Branch giving you 5.5 sacks since you're also happy with getting two from Harris? This when you consider we have Wake and Suh on the other side so I guess I'll never convince you there.....lol

Ozzy rules!!

I'll never understand OL play. As an example, except for a few stretches, I'm watching the Patriots OL seemingly handle one of the best DL in the game today in the Jags. Brady sits there and on occasion has all day to throw.

The point I seriously doubt the Patriots have huge names at the position that are getting paid ridiculous amounts of money.

Why is it so hard to duplicate similar schemes and protection packages with equally decent lineman?

Two words

Dante Scarnecchia

He's a UFA. What I notice most is this probably means we are resigning Landry 'cause otherwise we'd be looking for cheap trades or wait until guys get cut because of the comp pick.

And perhaps the most impressive part of Wynn’s week is that he’s doing all this good work at a position that he did not play all season: left guard. Yes, Wynn moved all round Georgia’s offensive line during his career and played plenty of guard, but throughout 2017 he was a mainstay at left tackle as a senior.

Some 2018 NFL Draft mock drafts project Wynn to join teammate Roquan Smith as Bulldogs who will be picked in the first round. With continual performances like this week from Wynn, which Georgia fans have watched for four seasons, a selection that early shouldn’t be a surprise.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football...senior-bowl-wins-offensive-lineman-week-award

Pro Football Focus‏Verified account @PFF Jan 25
. @FootballUGA offensive lineman Isaiah Wynn putting in some work in pass pro drills yesterday. Wynn allowed just five total pressures on 346 pass blocking snaps in 2017.

Alex Flanagan‏Verified account @Alex_Flanagan 19h19 hours ago
@FootballUGA O-lineman Isaiah Wynn showing his grit this week at @seniorbowl. Wynn has been playing with a torn labrum. He won't play in Saturday's game, but battled and had a great week of practice in Mobile. He is scheduled for surgery next week. Expected to be ready for camp.
Wynn played LG last year and projected as Guard well before Senior Bowl practices.

I'll never understand OL play. As an example, except for a few stretches, I'm watching the Patriots OL seemingly handle one of the best DL in the game today in the Jags. Brady sits there and on occasion has all day to throw.

The point I seriously doubt the Patriots have huge names at the position that are getting paid ridiculous amounts of money.

Why is it so hard to duplicate similar schemes and protection packages with equally decent lineman?
DANTE SCARNECCHIA ...he is the reason why patriots do so well with no name offensive linemen

Attachments

• 47F63C9B-0423-4752-AE20-0AF8FB2E64AF.png
    47F63C9B-0423-4752-AE20-0AF8FB2E64AF.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 2
The other fact for the Patriots O Line being so good with a bunch of nobody's is Brady BB, they just don' get called for holding no matter how blatant it is. They were called for 3 or 4 penalties after Dolphins win until last week vs Jags, and there was more REFGATE bullshit going on. It isn' fair to be compared to that o line what-so-ever!

Don't trust any hype you read coming out of the senior bowl. I've been watching Voch Lombardi youtubes about it and the exact opposite is happening. For instance, no mention of "those two red helmet gangstas" from NC State tearing it up. Then hyping Davenport as his practices reveal how raw he really is by giving up his chest continually during practice.

Also hyping Josh Allen who can't even hit a target net without sailing it over the target completely. That's like hitting a tennis ball out of the cage entirely. He's bleeped.

Don't trust any hype you read coming out of the senior bowl. I've been watching Voch Lombardi youtubes about it and the exact opposite is happening. For instance, no mention of "those two red helmet gangstas" from NC State tearing it up. Then hyping Davenport as his practices reveal how raw he really is by giving up his chest continually during practice.

Also hyping Josh Allen who can't even hit a target net without sailing it over the target completely. That's like hitting a tennis ball out of the cage entirely. He's bleeped.

It's not like Allen was aiming for the middle of the net. He was trying to hit the target in the upper right corner and missed slightly high. It would be like trying to hit a receiver in the right sholder and having the pass to the right at eye level. THe hole missing the net thing is being blow out of proportion I believe. I've seen better qbs miss a target by a foot before.

It's not like Allen was aiming for the middle of the net. He was trying to hit the target in the upper right corner and missed slightly high. It would be like trying to hit a receiver in the right sholder and having the pass to the right at eye level. THe hole missing the net thing is being blow out of proportion I believe. I've seen better qbs miss a target by a foot before.

This caller on the live stream show brought up completion percentage adjusted for drops and Allen's stayed at 58%. He was the only one who didn't get better of the first rounders...and he was the lowest...and the most likely to sail one to an NFL safety...Just kidding.

Dude was ready to put money down that Josh Allen was gonna bust.

Back
Top Bottom