Running Back | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Running Back

For a WCO you guys sure are pitching alot of high profile names that will be pulling big contracts.

Cyrus gray went to tamu. Jonas gray went to notre dame.

Cut DT, resign reggie, sign Hillis

Thomas isn't getting cut. He under contract for the next 2 years with reasonable salary. ( 2013: $669,217, 2014: $816,321, 2015: Free Agent)

He has scored 5 red zone TD's over the last 2 years. He is one of our only red zone threats.

Usually when they let them "test the market", its to get an idea on how much a player is worth, and not to actually sign with another team. Ask Ahmad Bradshaw and Ryan Clark how that works. My guess is that Reggie Bush is back. Its the other RB's on our roster that need replacing though.

The only certainty based on Ireland's previous performances is that if Bush goes elsewhere, there will be absolutely no plan to invest in a replacement for him. This team unfortunately enjoys creating obvious holes while they fill others.

Name me an example other than Brandon Marshall and Vontae?

Because both those moves are very defensible, and at the time they were made there were no suitable replacements, we tried Chad Johnson and he screwed up. Look they knew coming into this season we weren't going to win the Super Bowl this year, so he made some moves that benefited the team's chemistry, and armed us with more ammo this offseason to surround our now experienced QB.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Lamar Miller, Daniel Thomas, and some random 6th rounder or Thigpen

We need a banger and DT and Bush are not those guys maybe Miller. If Miller is you almost have to let Bush walk even though he is a play maker. This is a tough decision between keeping 3 backs with the same style or loose your playmaker to create a spot for a between the tackles back.

Uh DT is a banger, that's his thing.

Do you watch the games?

With all respect dude DT is far from a "banger" dude might be the softest player on the team maybe second to Egnew.

Lamar Miller is silky smooth and picks his holes well. He's deceptively strong too with some pop. Regardless if Reggie comes back or not, I really want to see him get more touches in 2013.

Back
Top Bottom