Running Back | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Running Back

Ugh... Bush will go to the Patiriots and gain almost 400 combined yards against us next season.

I would like to see Lamar Miller get promoted to starter.

I would like to see him earn that job. I hope he can earn it.

Lattimore in the fourth

Being in SC. I have watched Lattimore since his days in high school. He is probably the finest back we have seen in SC for years. This was a very bad injury. If you saw it, when it happened, you would think he could never play again.
Then in SC bowl game, he was walking the sidelines with no assistance. Hard to say, but if he comes back at 100%, he could be the steal of the draft. He is a baller.

Ugh... Bush will go to the Patiriots and gain almost 400 combined yards against us next season.

I like Reggie and think he is a very good player. I like him better in the passing game. (aka Post route TD in Buffalo game) He runs way to much east and west and he misses holes. He also looses yards on many plays. If he would take that first opening, he could really rack up some yards.
I got so sick of watching him dance last season. This is football, not "Dancing with the Stars".

Uh DT is a banger, that's his thing.

Do you watch the games?

No DT is NOT a banger but they are trying to use him like one. In college "even though he is a big back" he ran like a small back. His forte is find a open in the OL makes one cut and he is done. The Dolphins have attempted to make him into a runner he is not which is why it is failing. He ran for over 100 yards in his first 2 games as a rookie and has never run for as many yards since. He runs to high and is good for about one move and goes down to easlily for his size. The staff must have been convince because of his size they could coach him into a different typr of back than he was in college and its not working. They need to let him run at his natural style like he did in college, attempt to get him lower his pad level and throw more short passes out of the backfield. His real strenght IMO is proabably blocking and catching out of backfield. The traits that work best for Thomas also work for Bush so we need a different style back.

With all respect dude DT is far from a "banger" dude might be the softest player on the team maybe second to Egnew.

Nope. Sorry but that is completely incorrect. He came back from that concussion without even the slightest hesitation hitting the holes and dropping his helmet when contact was imminent. I for one was very impressed and to me it looked like he got quicker. Not saying is is going to go Javorski on anyone, but he is not soft.

Physically there is not a single thing that Bush can do that Miller can't do equally as well. Maybe even quicker........but he really needs to learn the plays. That is the thing that scares me about him. When he gets the ball more though I could see him doing some good things.

I like Le'Veon Bell from MichSt alot. 3rd round, probably.

But to be real, Gio Bernard is one of my favorite players in the whole draft - he's going to be a special nfl back. If in some way he's sort-of available to us (whether we trade down from 12, or if he's around at like 25-35 and we can move up), I really hope we do it.

Some of my favorite backs in this draft...value picks...

Giovanni Bernard, North Carolina
Dennis Johnson, Arkansas
Andre Ellington, Clemson
Johnathan Franklin, UCLA
Ray Graham, Pittsburgh
Cameron Marshall, Arizona State
Latavius Murray, Central Florida
Zac Stacy, Vanderbilt

I thought Jonas Gray was highly underrated last year. Will be interesting to see how he does. The Packers' starting tailback in the playoffs DuJuan Harris was one of mine. He should be on the Dolphins. The Jags cut him and the Dolphins should've picked him up. They actually should've picked him up as a UDFA.

Dennis Johnson, Arkansas
Andre Ellington, Clemson
Johnathan Franklin, UCLA
Ray Graham, Pittsburgh
Zac Stacy, Vanderbilt

I thought Jonas Gray was highly underrated last year. Will be interesting to see how he does. The Packers' starting tailback in the playoffs DuJuan Harris was one of mine. He should be on the Dolphins. The Jags cut him and the Dolphins should've picked him up. They actually should've picked him up as a UDFA.
Very with you on Ray Graham (and Bernard, see above post). I'm hoping teams pass on Graham because of his recent injury (an injury that doesn't really scare me away from him), and he'll be there for us in like the 5th.

Very with you on Ray Graham (and Bernard, see above post). I'm hoping teams pass on Graham because of his recent injury (an injury that doesn't really scare me away from him), and he'll be there for us in like the 5th.

Traditionally the second year off your ACL surgery is supposed to be when you're really "back". And when Graham gets that lower body explosion back, I think more people will see he's been underrated.

RBs are a dime a dozen.

Anybody could replace Bush on an every down basis.

This is mediocrity at its finest.

A GOOD-GREAT RB is pure GOLD. This is precisely the mentality that has got us into this mess in the first place. Yeah, go get more acorns and try to get a running game started.

Will we ever learn

Traditionally the second year off your ACL surgery is supposed to be when you're really "back". And when Graham gets that lower body explosion back, I think more people will see he's been underrated.
Ray Graham is definately a stud running back! Love to see him in the aqua and orange or whatever the new color scheme is!!

No need to spend big money. Draft one in the middle of the draft. I like Stepfan Taylor from stanford.

Dennis Johnson, Arkansas
Andre Ellington, Clemson
Johnathan Franklin, UCLA
Ray Graham, Pittsburgh
Zac Stacy, Vanderbilt

Latavius Murray is awesome. The kid has a really great motor, and though he's not that fast, he's like Daniel Thomas. He would be a good 6th round pick.

Too freaking old!! He was drafted in 2004!! He's on the downside of his career and never can stay healthy!

Whoa.

Back that accusation train up a sec. Too old? Maybe. Downside of his career? Almost definitely.

Can never stay healthy? Uh-uh. Dude has missed 13 games. In NINE YEARS. He's only missed two games in the past four years.

If the Rams are silly enough to let him walk, he'll get a ton of one or two-year offers...and we'd be crazy to not at least look.

Back
Top Bottom