Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft

If by "bashing" you mean they point out he is a long way off from being Rogers,Brady or Wilson then yea...he is probably being bashed.

Ill give the guy credit when he earns it...Win more reg season games than he loses,Win a playoff game or 3 & smell a super bowl.
Till then? He is just a project holding up Pouncy's cup...

True story and lol at the cup line...I'll judge him on at least throwing considerably more touchdowns than interceptions, win more games than he loses, makes plays and makes good decisions. I'm looking forward to him having competition in training camp and having success next season.

You guys just don't get it. You are not allowed to criticize Teflon Tanny under ANY circumstance.

The resistance this thread has faced is pretty incredible. Either you believe in going all in on a single prospect or you choose to continually address the QB position until you're sure it's solved. Either way it's a conversation worth having. It's pretty ridiculous just firing shots at the dude who brings it up.

Wow, dumbest thread ever.

I will run screaming to the VIP lounge now.

Another one of these comments from 50 year old FinJim. I've said this before, but take a look at his posting history. 90% of the comments he makes are like this.

BTW for those that don't know, he did this back in the day over Chad Henne as well. You said anything that challenged the great and almight Henne, you got these same immature responses.

Russell Wilson is one of the best QBs in the NFL and no one can argue that. The poise he has in the pocket, his ability to win games in the clutch. None of that has **** to do with the team built around him.

Russell Wilson may end up being the best QB in this draft class and that's just life. He's hands down the rookie of the year.

All this weekend showed me is the Dolphins have NOTHING resembling any part of these playoff teams.

I love how people are heralding the Seahawks roster now, when last year you didn't hear a peep.

The difference was Russell Wilson on offense.

Nothining wrong with drafting a QB every year, the issue becomes how high of a pick do you use based upon the progress Tanny showed and the talent he possesses.

Based on what I saw I would prefer not drafting a QB before round 4....after that go for it.

All these quarterbacks have one thing on common over Tannehill. Better running game, better wrs and better o line.

The 49ers in fact spent 3 first round picks on their o line but they just hit on their while we struggle. They draft playmakers on d, we draft Ted ginn over Patrick Willis. Just because we miss on virtually every other pick doesn't mean Tannehill sucks.

I love how people are heralding the Seahawks roster now, when last year you didn't hear a peep.

The difference was Russell Wilson on offense.

Latest media and fan team darling... last season it was Cam Newton and the Panthers. Cam's play was a lot more tame this season after DC's diagnosed how to defense their play.

Wilson had more college pass attempts with almost 1500 attempts at QB than any of the other rookies drafted and played for 2 universities in the ACC and Big-Ten. He is more experienced and it shows. Let's see how all these guys are faring in the next two seasons.

I'm not sold on T-hill yet as well but we already have been developing Pat Devin for some years now lets see where that goes first cause we have so many issues at other positions we need to spend all our pics on those needs and R. Wilson was a superstar qb in college with a size issue and there aren't any R. Wilson's out there this year with the same credentials

You guys just don't get it. You are not allowed to criticize Teflon Tanny under ANY circumstance. 

The resistance this thread has faced is pretty incredible. Either you believe in going all in on a single prospect or you choose to continually address the QB position until you're sure it's solved. Either way it's a conversation worth having. It's pretty ridiculous just firing shots at the dude who brings it up.

Look back at the front page and look at how many "no-thanks" I received from introducing a topic that was discussion worthy. We have been so starved as a fanbase for a qb that most fans will take anything thrown to us that incites hope. I only wanted to see how many fans agreed with the way I was feeling about having a healthy competition for the most important position on the offensive side of the ball.

Look back at the front page and look at how many "no-thanks" I received from introducing a topic that was discussion worthy. We have been so starved as a fanbase for a qb that most fans will take anything thrown to us that incites hope. I only wanted to see how many fans agreed with the way I was feeling about having a healthy competition for the most important position on the offensive side of the ball.

Go back re-read what you wrote. You specifically said to draft someone in the 2nd-4th rounds. A lot of your "No-thanks" were due specifically to this. Perhaps in 2014 or later. Right now, it doesn't make sense to do that given this is Tannehill's rookie season and he displayed ability, intelligence, marked improvement over the course of the season, and, yes, potential.

No one is arguing against bringing in additional QBs as MMoore is probably gone in free agency and we need guys with the ability to step in and play if Tannehill is injured. But for now you don't spend a pick unless they are the BPA in 5th-7th rounds or, like Devlin, an undrafted rookie FA. A 2nd, 3rd, or 4th isn't that logical this draft as we have greater areas of need - like DE, WR, TE, CB, or OG.

Go back re-read what you wrote. You specifically said to draft someone in the 2nd-4th rounds. A lot of your "No-thanks" were due specifically to this. Perhaps in 2014 or later. Right now, it doesn't make sense to do that given this is Tannehill's rookie season and he displayed ability, intelligence, marked improvement over the course of the season, and, yes, potential.

No one is arguing against bringing in additional QBs as MMoore is probably gone in free agency and we need guys with the ability to step in and play if Tannehill is injured. But for now you don't spend a pick unless they are the BPA in 5th-7th rounds or, like Devlin, an undrafted rookie FA. A 2nd, 3rd, or 4th isn't that logical this draft as we have greater areas of need - like DE, WR, TE, CB, or OG.

Let me give you a scenerio. Miami is 8-5 and those final 3 games is make or break. T Hill goes down and is expected to be out for 2 weeks. who do you want to come in the game? that 7th round or undreafted QB. Or a decent guy that has some capability that you spent a 4th round on? Neither is that good of a deal to be honest and right now as much as we want to believe we have the right guy, our QB situation is not a good one!.

We have enough needs to fill in other positions to not consider a QB until after the 5th round. Devlin should be enough competition plus maybe another teams released vet will be our 3rd QB if Moore goes else where.If Tanny crapped the bed last year which he did not it may be different but to think we are taking a QB in the mid rounds is pretty unlikely and just wishful thinking.

Considering how we have squandered 2nd round picks in the past, if there was someone that fell to us that we believe could produce a healthy competition and help us solidify our QB spot, I'd pull the trigger. I wouldn't be trying to hurt Tannehill's feelings, but i'd be doing what's best for the team. This years draft might not have someone as high as the 2nd round but the 4th is possible. Lets say Geno Smith/Matt Barkely, etc nose dives to the 4th round of the draft I wouldn't be upset if the Dolphins drafted them. Would you? This year we can fill some holes in the first 3 rounds considering we have 5 picks. Not to draw comparisons, but Mark Sanchez played average in his rookie season and never had any serious competition since he's been a Jet now look where they are. Qb-less. I rather plan for the worst (Drafting a replacement) or the best ( Drafting a player that can be flipped for a higher pick if he's good or having a competent back up).

As an NC State student, I got to see Russell Wilson play many games. Although he was a big time college player, exciting and obviously talented, I don't think anyone (and I mean ANYONE) even here at State thought that success would translate to the NFL. Saying we should've drafted Russell Wilson is like saying we should've drafted Tom Brady...he's a one in a million kind of guy and nobody knew he would be this good.
I will throw one name out there worth considering in this year's draft - Mike Glennon. Ironically, he was Russell Wilson's successor at NC State and helped fans here forget about Russell very quickly. Kiper has him as a potential late 1st rounder. Obviously, I don't think we should reach that high. But if he does end up falling a ways, he would be worth it to push Tannehill. Glennon has drawn many comparisons to Matt Ryan and was coached in college by Tom O'Brien who coached Ryan at BC. Strongest arm in the draft, and will have a lengthy career. If we don't get him, I really hope the Jets don't.

Back
Top Bottom