Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft

How could you say that? He's playing on a completely different team, in a different system, with different players - most of whom, I'll add, are better than the ones we currently have on our roster. You have no idea how he would preform in Miamis setup. This is a loaded statement and it just makes you look like a HATER.They have a better pass catching TE, better WR core, better running back tandem and one of the best O-Lines in the NFL. Oh and lets throw a top 10 defense in the mix. Not saying Wilson isn't good, because I think he is. Just defending the notion that he would wax Tanne in a QB battle, like you so 'eloquently' stated.Anyone who knows a damn about football knows Tanne more than passed even just the "eye test" in his Rookie season. And this isn't just a homer fan talking, most national pundits/analysts have said as much..
I hated Chad Henne, AJ Feely, Daunte Culpepper, Gus Frerotte.... I am skeptical about Tannehill. I understand the different systems and teams these guys play for but Wilson seems to make better decisions and is a playmaker. He extends plays by using his feet and makes accurate throws. I really do think if he were to battle it out with T-Hill he would possibly win the starting job here. This isn't a knock on Tannehill because if Brady, Luck, Peyton, Rodgers and plenty more qb's were here, they would take his job also. Why the man crush for Tannehill? I know he inspires and gives you hope, but in no way am I satisfied by what I saw last season. He could improve...better yet...he must improve!

He's 6'2" 217 and just from looking at him, I think that's a slight exaggeration. He is not a big guy by the standards of NFL QBs. Ryan Tannehill has two inches and at least ten pounds on him, big difference when it comes to taking blows, IMO.
try again , he's 6-3 , 230 ... heavier than marino and only an inch shorter .

We do not need to draft a QB in the first 4 rounds unless an amazing prospect slips so far you just can't pass it up.

Remember, we have Pat Devlin backing up Tanny as a young prospect and is there to provide competition.

The Seattle situation is totally different than Miami's, Seattle has a playoff team around Russell Wilson...Tanny was working with a deficient receiving corp and still led Miami over Russell Wilson and Seattle when they met.

I would not trade Tanny for Wilson and believe we have our guy.

Russell Wilson is an anomaly. He is the first quarterback since Drew Brees and Matt Schaub to be taken outside the first round and have any sort of success (too early to tell with Cousins and Kaepernick). We need a back up QB not a starter, I am fine with drafting a developmental prospect in the 6th or 7th round, 5th if someone amazing slips, but besides that why waste a pick on what will most likely be a career back up when we have much more pressing needs to address.

The Seattle situation is totally different than Miami's, Seattle has a playoff team around Russell Wilson...Tanny was working with a deficient receiving corp and still led Miami over Russell Wilson and Seattle when they met.

I would not trade Tanny for Wilson and believe we have our guy.

Seattle definitely wasn't a playoff team last year! Either was Indianapolis or Washington.

Drafted rookie QB immediate impact on their respective teams:

2011 Season
Washington: 5-11
Indianapolis: 2-14
Seattle: 7-9
Miami: 6-10

2012 Season
Washington: 10-6
Indianapolis: 11-5
Seattle: 11-5
Miami: 7-9

RG3 wont be around long unless he changes his play style.

Wilson is legit.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

There's nothing certainfor Griffin, Luck, Wilson or Tannehill.

Tannehill has the least exp while Wilson had the most. Simple. Also if Wilson was 6'2 he would've gone BEFORE Luck.

As soon as Wilson gets dinged a little -- any kind of leg injury at all, either muscle, ligament or bone -- to where he can't move as quickly, he's done as a high-level QB. If he had to pass from the pocket without high threat of a run, he's a below average QB.

RT on the other hand, is a pass first QB who can legitimately own the game from the pocket, and yet can also scramble.

I like Wilson but he's gonna be lucky not to get dinged up soon. One leg injury and he's less successful - a significant one that restricts his mobility and he's a sub-par QB.

LD

As soon as Wilson gets dinged a little -- any kind of leg injury at all, either muscle, ligament or bone -- to where he can't move as quickly, he's done as a high-level QB. If he had to pass from the pocket without high threat of a run, he's a below average QB.

RT on the other hand, is a pass first QB who can legitimately own the game from the pocket, and yet can also scramble.

I like Wilson but he's gonna be lucky not to get dinged up soon. One leg injury and he's less successful - a significant one that restricts his mobility and he's a sub-par QB.

LD

When has Tannehill owned the game from the pocket? I wish they would use his athleticism as a weapon and not a crutch or gimmick.

Lol at owned the game from the pocket. no. tannehill Hasn't owned anything yet. Matter a fact he needs to work o his accuracy cause he consistently misses the target. Furthermore, I don't low his chad henne like deameanor. He's not aggressive enuff for today's game. if he wants to run he doesn't do it decisively. Everything is does is slow and uncommitted. I hope things get better as they should but maybe his personality isn't what we need right now

Tannehill has far more upside and is better suited for the NFL game than the wannabe flash-in-the-pan slash guys like scam, rg3 and wilson. None of them, OR the coaches who have a fetish for them (like andy reid) will ever win anything of substance. Look at the philly trainwreck now, that's where seattle will be in 5 years.

I hate even POSTING on a thread like this because it gets bumped up when it deserves to be deep-sixed.

Ok... Sit and watch Kaepernick!!!!!!

Obviously iwastherein72 doesn't own a television. What a preposterous statement. Yeah they are all just over-hyped, flashes-in-the-pan. There is a reason we're watching them all in the playoffs and it isn't because they suck! And comparing Vick to any of them, especially Russell Wilson is one of the dumbest thing I've ever read on this message board.

Moore will seek opportunities else where, Devlin is an unknown commodity. We need another QB. Why are the RT fanboys afraid of a little competition? Remember, David Garrard was going to be our starter....nuff said?

Wow, dumbest thread ever.

I will run screaming to the VIP lounge now.

This Draft class is horrible for QBs

Why waste a pick on a Developmental QB just for competition

Russell Wilson is one of the best QBs in the NFL and no one can argue that. The poise he has in the pocket, his ability to win games in the clutch. None of that has **** to do with the team built around him.

Russell Wilson may end up being the best QB in this draft class and that's just life. He's hands down the rookie of the year.

All this weekend showed me is the Dolphins have NOTHING resembling any part of these playoff teams.

try again , he's 6-3 , 230 ... heavier than marino and only an inch shorter .

Everything I have read says 6' 2" and between 215 - 223. Maybe he grew...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Griffin_III
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14875/robert-griffin-iii
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/robert-griffin iii?id=2533033

RG3 has an odd personality. He reminds me of Ricky in that regard. Also he takes risks/hits he shouldn't. Wilson plays much much smarter and knows how to avoid taking hits. He should though, given he was the starter for 2 universities (NC, Wis). For a rookie, Wilson was able to extend plays up to 4+ seconds on average before getting rid of the ball. That absolutely kills a defense to try and defend WRs/TEs that long.

As for this Tannehill season, was better once the knee brace came off at the end of the season from where he sustained the knee injury against the stej mid-season. He did what you do at this level, he wiped some dirt on it and played through the injury. The brace prevented Tannehill from completely straightening his plant foot and stepping forward, which affected his accuracy. This is why he so often appeared to be throwing off his back foot or not following/stepping through. Well that and the fact that he only had 2.4 seconds to get rid on the ball on average (according to PFF).

The team is currently commited to Tannehill's development. They have to give him until the end 2014 season before giving up on him I think... as for drafting another QB in a later round - not unless it is after the 4th and he is the BPA in that round IMO.

Back
Top Bottom