Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft

I’m confused. What’s a “RUNNING” quarterback?
A fast black kid that plays the position? (I’m sorry but your comments just lead me to ask that question?)
Aaron Rodgers is a “RUNNING” quarterback – I don’t see you brining him up.
Elway was considered a “RUNNING” quarterback – I don’t see you mention him.
Steve Young was considered a “RUNNING” quaterback – don’t see his name in any of your comments.
I apologize if anyone is offended by the question but I just wanted to get to the bottom of some of the post I have been reading.

It is appalling to read the comments made about RG / Wilson / Kap. You can call it what even you want, gimmick, simple, Romper Room what ever you want. Bottom line is these 3 young men changed the game this past season. If it is SO Simple then why was it SO successful? You don’t have to like them, you don’t have to like their styles, but at least respect it!
RG completed 65% of his passes for 3,200 yards and 20 TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 20!!!!!!!!!!!! But here is the kicker….. he had 5 int……. YES 5. Throw in another 7 rushing TD for a total of 27 TD on the season.

Wilson 64% 3,100 yards and 26 TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes 26 and had 10 Int. Just 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a dolphins forum so I will stick to that.

I agree with the OP. Miami should and I believe will draft a QB. I just don’t think it will be until the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] round. Actuality, they must draft a QB as I find it hard to find a reason for Moore to stay.

None of the QBs you listed are called running QBs, like you've stated, so I'm not sure where you're getting that. They are QBs that can throw the ball very well, but also have the ability to put it down and scamper for 10+ yards. I can't believe you called Rogers a "running QB" lol.. He is a passing QB that can ALSO run.

All three of the Rookie QBs that you've put up against Tanne have better talent on both sides of the ball (with exception to Redskins D). All three teams (hawsk, 9ers, skins) have returning coaches/FOs. We have a Rookie HC that is implementing his own system that requires certain kinds of players that we don't have yet and that we couldn't get in one off season.

The Dolphins will not draft another QB, if we do at all, in the top four rounds. Why? Because it's a bad idea and we have our QB. Pretty simple..

Last edited by a moderator:
None of the QBs you listed are called running QBs, like you've stated, so I'm not sure where you're getting that. They are QBs that can throw the ball very well, but also have the ability to put it down and scamper for 10+ yards. I can't believe you called Rogers a "running QB" lol.. He is a passing QB that can ALSO run.

All three of the Rookie QBs that you've put up against Tanne have better talent on both sides of the ball (with exception to Redskins D). All three teams (hawsk, 9ers, skins) have returning coaches/FOs. We have a Rookie HC that is implementing his own system that requires certain kinds of players that we don't have yet and that we couldn't get in one off season.

The Dolphins will not draft another QB, if we do at all, in the top four rounds. Why? Because it's a bad idea and we have our QB. Pretty simple..

SO Wilson/RG cant throw?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

My convo with you is done!!!

Like I said please clarify what you are considering a running QB?????

I think my suspicion is correct! Dude RG / Wilson can make EVERY throw. Volocity is there and Accuracy is pinpoint for RG. Not sure what your talking about or what your gettign at here but your starting to look like you have NO Idea what your talking about!!!

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

Are you saying T Hill is better than RG / Wilson right now present day??????????????

Why don't you ask Jacksonville, see how they feel? They drafted a punter 2 slots above the Seahawks taking Wilson! Russell is a once in a lifetime guy, I really believe that. You can try and break prospects down by physical numbers, whether it's physical makeup, speed or strength. You just can't measure what's inside their head and their heart. People saying Russell wouldn't have beaten out Tannehill in training camp I'm not so sure. If you knew the story of how he beat out Flynn you would understand. The guy was at the complex everyday at 5am before the coaches. How many guys are that passionate and football crazy? He did whatever it took and then doubled that. His determination could not be matched. The guy eat, sleeps and breathes football. And he's got all the tools to match. The guy is 24 but his maturity is that of seasoned veteran.

So there is no surprise with what he accomplished in his rookie season. Playoff game winning drive on the road in a hostile environment with the world watching --the guy is cold as ice! The touch and placement on his throws, that is clutch-- name the last rookie you've seen do that? You never see him make a bad throw! Matt Ryan was drafted in 2008. That's 5 years ago. Look at the mental errors and bad throws he made yesterday.

why does most people think rg3 is a small qb ?

He's 6'2" 217 and just from looking at him, I think that's a slight exaggeration. He is not a big guy by the standards of NFL QBs. Ryan Tannehill has two inches and at least ten pounds on him, big difference when it comes to taking blows, IMO.

Tanny may be our answer, but only if we play to his strength. He's not the classic ppcket QB with great accuracy like Dan, Peyton, Brady, etc. His best moments were while moving around in pocket, or on the run. As a former WR he certainly has sufficient speed to operate this way.My biggest fear with him is that our traditionally conservative mindset will "pigeonhole" him into a way of playing this position he wasn't meant to play it.

If this draft class was loaded at QB I'd say absolutely draft a QB but there's not a QB in the draft that interest me even a little bit.

russell wilson was terrific yesterday...threw the ball down the seam when the coverage dictated it...made plays with his legs and his arm...i've underestimated that kid...i love the seahawk oc also bevell...very good coordinator...

The NFL has always been a pocket passer league and will continue to be so. RG# with the way he is continuing to play will be lucky yo be in the league 3-5 years from now. Only after his rookie season he's having MAJOR knee surgery. Wilson is having a fantastic season, but so did Cam Newton. I'm not going to annoint anyone after 1 season. RG3, Wilson, and Luck a;; have better talent around them talent wise. It will be interesting going forward around here. What does become annoying though is all the people talking about changing the QB after a relatively normal rookie season, upset he didn't have an abnormal one. It's like whining you married the woman who became a housewife while openly trying to screw her sister who is the model. Just asking for trouble.

SO Wilson/RG cant throw?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

My convo with you is done!!!

Like I said please clarify what you are considering a running QB?????

I think my suspicion is correct! Dude RG / Wilson can make EVERY throw. Volocity is there and Accuracy is pinpoint for RG. Not sure what your talking about or what your gettign at here but your starting to look like you have NO Idea what your talking about!!!

I think you're confusing me with someone else, as I haven't spoken with you before regarding this. A running QB to me is someone like Tebow.. all he can do is run. This is a passing league, so you are denoted as a passer first (if you can pass) and a runner second (if you have the ability to run). Again, none of the QBs you've listed are "running QBs" you can rage all you want.

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

Are you saying T Hill is better than RG / Wilson right now present day??????????????

No I'm not saying that, it seems like it is hard for you to comprehend what is being typed out for you so let me be more clear. There is no way to compare these players because they are all in COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SITUATIONS. So just as much as I can't say he's better than the other rookies, you can't say he's worse. I'd feel pretty confident in saying that Tanne TD/INT ratio would look a lot better if he had more viable weapons and a defense that is turning the ball over regularly, giving the QB more chances with the ball. Which is the case with the other Rookie QBs, including Kaep who is a second year player.

Be careful of the difference in a "running" QB and a "scrambling" QB.

Randall Cunningham, Kordell Stewart, Mike Vick, Tebow, RGIII, Wilson are all running QB's. Young, Elway, Mcnair, Rogers are scrambling QB's. The difference is in the reason that they run, a running QB has the option to run or pass a scrambling QB does so because it is there and the passing play that was called was not.

The major difference being the amount of punishment you take as a QB. Running QB's have a short NFL self life and usually after a leg injury they are never the same again and struggle to pass simply due to the fact that so much of what they rely on in order to be a successful passer is now gone. If a scrambling QB gets a leg blown up, generally they strap a brace on it and become even more of a pass first QB, their sack count might go up but their longevity stays intact.

I think you're confusing me with someone else, as I haven't spoken with you before regarding this. A running QB to me is someone like Tebow.. all he can do is run. This is a passing league, so you are denoted as a passer first (if you can pass) and a runner second (if you have the ability to run). Again, none of the QBs you've listed are "running QBs" you can rage all you want.

No we have not talked about this before, your right. Rage?????? Nah just having a talk about my favorate sport.

What your saying makes no sense! Your saying, becasue RG / Wilson have the ability to run that they are running QB's. Your giving these players NO credit as being a passer.

the follwoing stats are from this year

PCT. yards TD Int
64.3 4008 22 12
54.1 4374 23 18
62.3 3669 27 16
58.6 3748 26 15
65.6 3200 20 5

Who is the running qb and who are the passing Qb's?
based on the above im taking the last QB - Thats RG3's stats
the others in this order Matt Schabb / Andrew Luck / Andy Dalton / and I threw in Eli Manning just to make a point!

How can you say not give credit to the kid as being a passer?
His stats are just as good ad the above Qb's and better in some aspects.
just becasue they haev a few plays in the playbook that calls for them to run does not discredit their abilities. RG / Wilson make EVERY THROW on the field!!!

Not sure where you are coming from!

No we have not talked about this before, your right. Rage?????? Nah just having a talk about my favorate sport.

What your saying makes no sense! Your saying, becasue RG / Wilson have the ability to run that they are running QB's. Your giving these players NO credit as being a passer.

the follwoing stats are from this year

PCT. yards TD Int
64.3 4008 22 12
54.1 4374 23 18
62.3 3669 27 16
58.6 3748 26 15
65.6 3200 20 5

Who is the running qb and who are the passing Qb's?
based on the above im taking the last QB - Thats RG3's stats
the others in this order Matt Schabb / Andrew Luck / Andy Dalton / and I threw in Eli Manning just to make a point!

How can you say not give credit to the kid as being a passer?
His stats are just as good ad the above Qb's and better in some aspects.
just becasue they haev a few plays in the playbook that calls for them to run does not discredit their abilities. RG / Wilson make EVERY THROW on the field!!!

Not sure where you are coming from!

I didn't say any of the stuff you're insinuating in this post. I'm not sure what you're reading. I'm aware RG/Wilson can throw the ball, very well I might add. You were bringing up stats between all of the rookies (including kaep) and Tanne, agreeing with the OP that we need to draft another QB. I was simply arguing that we don't need to do that. I would reread my replys starting on page 13.

I didn't say any of the stuff you're insinuating in this post. I'm not sure what you're reading. I'm aware RG/Wilson can throw the ball, very well I might add. You were bringing up stats between all of the rookies (including kaep) and Tanne, agreeing with the OP that we need to draft another QB. I was simply arguing that we don't need to do that. I would reread my replys starting on page 13.

I think I was arguing somethign totaly different. I was defending the "RUNNING" qb label.

As for draftign a QB - I think we have to.
if Moore was staying then I say there is no way. I find it HARD to believe that he would stay knowing that he would have NO chance to compete for the starting job. with Moore gone you have to get you a back up that can at least perform. No Vet's avail that would come in and be the back up to T-Hill so your only choice is to draft 1.
not that you want to you actually have to.
I say it wont be until at least the 4th but it sure wont be the last round.

Back
Top Bottom