Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft

If the Cards decide to part ways with Ryan Lindley, I'd be very happy as him for our 3rd QB.

I give Tannehill, one more year. If we don't make the playoffs next year, and he doesn't improve, then we draft a QB in the first round next year.

I wouldn't say not making the playoffs would warrant spending a first round pick on a qb, but if we stink and have another losing record and Tannehill shows no improvement with more weapons and there is an intriguing prospect out there, you most definitely pull the trigger. My wagon isn't attached to Tannehill. It's attached to the success of this franchise.

For the record, Tannehill's season would have to be plagued by interceptions, bad decisions, inaccuracies and an overall lack of growth for me to draft another QB so high. This doesn't mean that Tannehill isn't on the roster, he'll just have real competition going into training camp. I can't imagine why fans are saying this is a stupid idea considering if the Jets had taken this approach last season with Wilson in the 3rd, they'd be in a much better place. Thankfully they are in the ****ter ;)

Yeah I have, don't like him. He'll get found out like every other running qb.

I’m confused. What’s a “RUNNING” quarterback?
A fast black kid that plays the position? (I’m sorry but your comments just lead me to ask that question?)
Aaron Rodgers is a “RUNNING” quarterback – I don’t see you brining him up.
Elway was considered a “RUNNING” quarterback – I don’t see you mention him.
Steve Young was considered a “RUNNING” quaterback – don’t see his name in any of your comments.
I apologize if anyone is offended by the question but I just wanted to get to the bottom of some of the post I have been reading.

It is appalling to read the comments made about RG / Wilson / Kap. You can call it what even you want, gimmick, simple, Romper Room what ever you want. Bottom line is these 3 young men changed the game this past season. If it is SO Simple then why was it SO successful? You don’t have to like them, you don’t have to like their styles, but at least respect it!
RG completed 65% of his passes for 3,200 yards and 20 TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 20!!!!!!!!!!!! But here is the kicker….. he had 5 int……. YES 5. Throw in another 7 rushing TD for a total of 27 TD on the season.

Wilson 64% 3,100 yards and 26 TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes 26 and had 10 Int. Just 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a dolphins forum so I will stick to that.

I agree with the OP. Miami should and I believe will draft a QB. I just don’t think it will be until the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] round. Actuality, they must draft a QB as I find it hard to find a reason for Moore to stay.

I’m confused. What’s a “RUNNING” quarterback?
A fast black kid that plays the position? (I’m sorry but your comments just lead me to ask that question?

It has nothing to do with color. Tim Tebow is a running QB and most people here consider him a joke -- although mostly for different reasons (he can't throw the ball). And BTW, John Elway was a TERRIBLE passer when he entered the league. He couldn't throw the ball worth a crap. If he hadn't improved his accuracy and decision making rather dramatically, and stopped relying on his legs as much, he would have been remembered as a huge bust. As for Rodgers, you ever see him take shots while running? Hell no, he slides early and makes tracks for the sidelines. Big difference between getting hit and not getting hit.

If you think that people look at Robert Griffin and go "wow, that kid sucks because he's black," you are deluding yourself. Most people look at him and go "wow, that kid is going to be great" and some of us say "wow, that kid is going to get hurt a lot like he was this year and in college." Nothing more, nothing less.

Teams will stop using the read option so much when opposing defenses spend time practicing against it and when the returns no longer justify exposing quarterbacks to hard, repeated contact. I think the Redskins have already reached that point. In Harbaugh's case, I think he is making a calculated gamble here. I honestly think that he just doesn't care if he gets Kaepernick ruined in a year or two, if it means that he can win right now when he's got the best team in the NFL.

And for the record, Ryan Tannehill was used as a running quarterback in a couple of games late in the season. And my reaction to watching him (successfully) run the read option was exactly the same as it was to watching Robert Griffin run it, even though Tannehill is a bigger guy and has a build better suited for taking hits: A COUPLE OF FIRST DOWNS ARE NOT WORTH TAKING FOUR YEARS OFF OF THE KID'S CAREER.

Couldn't disagree more. You don't spend resources on a quarterback when you have a player like Tannehill. Devlin will be the backup and if Miami drafts a QB it'll be the 5th round or later.

I'm a huge fan of getting a franchise qb in place while constantly developing young ones behind him. You get a good backup while a future trade asset. It's makes to much seems not to do in today's NFL.

It has nothing to do with color. Tim Tebow is a running QB and most people here consider him a joke -- although mostly for different reasons (he can't throw the ball). And BTW, John Elway was a TERRIBLE passer when he entered the league. He couldn't throw the ball worth a crap. If he hadn't improved his accuracy and decision making rather dramatically, and stopped relying on his legs as much, he would have been remembered as a huge bust. As for Rodgers, you ever see him take shots while running? Hell no, he slides early and makes tracks for the sidelines. Big difference between getting hit and not getting hit.

If you think that people look at Robert Griffin and go "wow, that kid sucks because he's black," you are deluding yourself. Most people look at him and go "wow, that kid is going to be great" and some of us say "wow, that kid is going to get hurt a lot like he was this year and in college." Nothing more, nothing less.

Teams will stop using the read option so much when opposing defenses spend time practicing against it and when the returns no longer justify exposing quarterbacks to hard, repeated contact. I think the Redskins have already reached that point. In Harbaugh's case, I think he is making a calculated gamble here. I honestly think that he just doesn't care if he gets Kaepernick ruined in a year or two, if it means that he can win right now when he's got the best team in the NFL.

And for the record, Ryan Tannehill was used as a running quarterback in a couple of games late in the season. And my reaction to watching him (successfully) run the read option was exactly the same as it was to watching Robert Griffin run it, even though Tannehill is a bigger guy and has a build better suited for taking hits: A COUPLE OF FIRST DOWNS ARE NOT WORTH TAKING FOUR YEARS OFF OF THE KID'S CAREER.

Agree with you 100%

RGII will not last long in the NFL if he continues to take hits like he did!!!!
My post was more angled towards the downing of athletic QB. Dont take anything from the kid becasue the has the capability to run!!!!

why does most people think rg3 is a small qb ?

The original poster isn't going to become popular for his post, but I don't see why it's not a good idea to draft another QB. What's the worst that can happen? We get a replacement backup for Matt Moore. What's the best that could happen? We'll anything is possible. I remember this same closed-mindedness for Daunte Culpepper, and hell, even AJ Feeley for a brief time. Nothing wrong with covering your ass. Tannehill showed enough to give us hope but not nearly enough to be certain. Not enough to go into camp feeling good that he is the unquestioned starter. As much as we want to finally be that secure at the QB position, Tannehill just hasn't played to that level yet. If you say otherwise, you should take off those rose colored glasses.

I think we should because whose to say Tannehill will improve? If Wilson is here , he beats Tannehill in training camp and is our starter. I wish fans weren't so close minded about what we have at the moment.

How could you say that? He's playing on a completely different team, in a different system, with different players - most of whom, I'll add, are better than the ones we currently have on our roster. You have no idea how he would preform in Miamis setup. This is a loaded statement and it just makes you look like a HATER.

They have a better pass catching TE, better WR core, better running back tandem and one of the best O-Lines in the NFL. Oh and lets throw a top 10 defense in the mix. Not saying Wilson isn't good, because I think he is. Just defending the notion that he would wax Tanne in a QB battle, like you so 'eloquently' stated.

Anyone who knows a damn about football knows Tanne more than passed even just the "eye test" in his Rookie season. And this isn't just a homer fan talking, most national pundits/analysts have said as much..

Back
Top Bottom