Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Russel Wilson proves that we should draft another QB in this draft

Note: The pass-blocking O-line play for Miami was HORRID, people. And this w. one of the highest paid O-lines, with a previous coach supposedly an "expert" at offensive line...

People who are down on RT after comparing him to teams like San Fran and Seattle and NE and Wash are just nuts. Period.

RT + San Fran's team quality = AFC Title win and maybe SB.

LD

LD

Lol at owned the game from the pocket. no. tannehill Hasn't owned anything yet. Matter a fact he needs to work o his accuracy cause he consistently misses the target. Furthermore, I don't low his chad henne like deameanor. He's not aggressive enuff for today's game. if he wants to run he doesn't do it decisively. Everything is does is slow and uncommitted. I hope things get better as they should but maybe his personality isn't what we need right now

Bingo. That's the issue everyone is content to ignore. Tannehill was passive in the session with Gruden and then we find out he didn't care enough to learn the NFL divisions. I saved plenty of tapes from this season and one play after another looks like 60% energy, as if he's scared of success. It's not ideal. Deflect away but it's not ideal. Russell Wilson was oozing confidence on Sunday even as Seattle trailed big.

Tannehill reminds me quite a bit of a golfer named Nick Watney, whose personality and facial expressions frequently show up as a topic on golf message boards. Talented but not altogether there, and you sense he's simply not assertive or greedy enough.

Bingo. That's the issue everyone is content to ignore. Tannehill was passive in the session with Gruden and then we find out he didn't care enough to learn the NFL divisions. I saved plenty of tapes from this season and one play after another looks like 60% energy, as if he's scared of success. It's not ideal. Deflect away but it's not ideal. Russell Wilson was oozing confidence on Sunday even as Seattle trailed big.

Tannehill reminds me quite a bit of a golfer named Nick Watney, whose personality and facial expressions frequently show up as a topic on golf message boards. Talented but not altogether there, and you sense he's simply not assertive or greedy enough.

Yup, this is a concern for me too but I did see a bit of fire from him during the Jacksonville game, it was right after the receiver dropped like the 4th or 5th pass in a row, he yanked on his facemask in disgust like 'are you ****ing kidding me!?!'. From there he went on to play probably his best game of the season. I think he has it in him but the question is can we get it out of him consistently.

Seattle definitely wasn't a playoff team last year! Either was Indianapolis or Washington.

Drafted rookie QB immediate impact on their respective teams:

2011 Season
Washington: 5-11
Indianapolis: 2-14
Seattle: 7-9
Miami: 6-10

2012 Season
Washington: 10-6
Indianapolis: 11-5
Seattle: 11-5
Miami: 7-9

Your statement assumes the team stayed stagnant since 2011 with the exception of adding Wilson, which is just not true.

Carroll is an excellent coach who has built a playoff team.

Passive with Gruden and doesn't know the divisions. That is hysterical... I was watching Inside the NFL earlier this year. They had Phil Sims and LT on. Simms was chiding LT for not ever learning what teams were in what division. LT dismissed him saying the only teams that mattered were the ones you face next week and as the schedule changes every year, who cares? You still have to beat them regardless of what division they're in.

Philbin and Sherman both stated that they limited Tannehill running this season to keep him healthy. Especially after the knee injury. Let's give him another season or two and augment the WR and TE position a bit before tossing him out...

Oh please...knowing the teams in each division does not make you a franchise QB....nor the not knowing preclude you from it.

I think many of you would be surprised at what little knowledge some of the greatest players in the game actually have.

Your statement assumes the team stayed stagnant since 2011 with the exception of adding Wilson, which is just not true.

Carroll is an excellent coach who has built a playoff team.

I'm just getting frustrated I guess. Every other team in this league today seems to be able to make huge strides except us. Teams going from 5, 4 even 2 wins to 10 or 11 wins in just an offseason. We're what, on the 5th year of rebuilding and still finishing 7-9. What do we consider a success next year, 8-8 missing the playoffs yet again? Give me a break! It's not easy being a Dolphins fan.

I hated Chad Henne, AJ Feely, Daunte Culpepper, Gus Frerotte.... I am skeptical about Tannehill. I understand the different systems and teams these guys play for but Wilson seems to make better decisions and is a playmaker. He extends plays by using his feet and makes accurate throws. I really do think if he were to battle it out with T-Hill he would possibly win the starting job here. This isn't a knock on Tannehill because if Brady, Luck, Peyton, Rodgers and plenty more qb's were here, they would take his job also. Why the man crush for Tannehill? I know he inspires and gives you hope, but in no way am I satisfied by what I saw last season. He could improve...better yet...he must improve!

Of course he needs to improve and I am by no means satisfied. I did see enough though, with what we had to help him with, to not go out there and draft another QB in the first 5 rounds or whatever lunacy is being spread in this thread. We got some serious holes to fill and I believe the QB one is filled for now. I would be furious if we used any of our picks in the first 5 rounds of this years draft. After that? I'd still be a little mad but I'd get over. I believe that a pick in the top 5 rounds would be a total indictment of RT by the coaching staff which doesn't exist currently. Based on what I've seen commented by our staff.

And if it sounds like I have a man crush that is just me getting upset that there are a handful of people on this forum that don't see what everyone else is seeing. Or at least seeing enough to where we don't have to argue the QB position ad nauseam anymore. For at least a year or two lol..

You sound like Skip Bayless making assertions on someones demeanor and coming to completely false conclusions about his personality and yet, you know nothing about him. I hope you're not a Heat fan because you're doing the same thing people like that did and still do to Lebron. Questioning his mentality or whatever..

It takes a lot to command a captains spot on a team and every teams situation is different. He will step into that role eventually if he wants to succeed in the NFL. But the fact that he took a back seat and wasn't grilling his teammates on mistakes or having ****y charisma, which is what you all seem to what, isn't a big deal because he's a ROOKIE. Sure some rookies step into that role right away but they are few and far between and you can't do comparisons because every rookie is going to a different situation.

On here that Tanny is untouchable to some, he's the guy many have pegged their hopes on. I understand this but I also think it's prudent to protect ourselves, should he not be the saviour for the franchise. But even if you don't see it is even possible that scenario plays itself out at all, we need another QB anyway, Moore surely won't be resigned for his own good as much as anything else. So we need a replacement for #2 QB or promote Devlin to 2 and find a replacement for #3.
As far as the draft goes, tbh, it's downright weak at QB, which makes it unlikely that you'll find a diamond in the rough in later round, so you have to draft on high but there are way too many holes on this team to even consider a QB in the first three rounds, unless someone like Barkley falls way beyond where they should and they would be huge value, for Barkley that would be 3rd round I think.

On here that Tanny is untouchable to some, he's the guy many have pegged their hopes on. I understand this but I also think it's prudent to protect ourselves, should he not be the saviour for the franchise. But even if you don't see it is even possible that scenario plays itself out at all, we need another QB anyway, Moore surely won't be resigned for his own good as much as anything else. So we need a replacement for #2 QB or promote Devlin to 2 and find a replacement for #3.
As far as the draft goes, tbh, it's downright weak at QB, which makes it unlikely that you'll find a diamond in the rough in later round, so you have to draft on high but there are way too many holes on this team to even consider a QB in the first three rounds, unless someone like Barkley falls way beyond where they should and they would be huge value, for Barkley that would be 3rd round I think.

Bull...as far as the Tanny supporters go,few or close to none thinks he walks on water,the problem is the Tanny haters bash Tanny like he is a 3rd year player and cant possibly know for sure he is a bust which makes them look clueless,and a majority of the Tanny supporters are defending him because we know he is a rookie and are doing the wait and see like one should in a 1st round draft pick QB.It's common sense that if a sleeper QB falls into our lap in the 3rd 4th or 5th pick we''d take him.This will happen to the end of time.The problem with that happening this year is will that Devlin will be better than any 4-7th rounder so its really a moot point.

Bull...as far as the Tanny supporters go,few or close to none thinks he walks on water,the problem is the Tanny haters bash Tanny like he is a 3rd year player and cant possibly know for sure he is a bust which makes them look clueless,and a majority of the Tanny supporters are defending him because we know he is a rookie and are doing the wait and see like one should in a 1st round draft pick QB.It's common sense that if a sleeper QB falls into our lap in the 3rd 4th or 5th pick we''d take him.This will happen to the end of time.The problem with that happening this year is will that Devlin will be better than any 4-7th rounder so its really a moot point.

If by "bashing" you mean they point out he is a long way off from being Rogers,Brady or Wilson then yea...he is probably being bashed.

Ill give the guy credit when he earns it...Win more reg season games than he loses,Win a playoff game or 3 & smell a super bowl.
Till then? He is just a project holding up Pouncy's cup...

Back
Top Bottom