Ryan is done as a Dolphins if we have a successful season | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan is done as a Dolphins if we have a successful season

Ahh yes, nothing instills confidence like hoping a 30 year old QB with no playoff experience coming off another knee injury, having not played a game since December 2016, to just pick up where he left off in September 2018. There should be no worries about reinjury or how mentally challenging this will be for him to not only rehab AGAIN but the way he thinks on the field in regards to his knee.

I'm all for him being the guy in 2018 but people have EVERY right to have their doubts in him being able to come back and be the same QB that was on the cusp of entering a higher level in 2016. He certainly may be but Miami would be foolish to think its an inevitable fact that he will be.

Sounds like you want them to use the San Diego strategy. Draft a guy in the first round before you are sure about the current starter. Then have no choice but to dump the current starter and watch him win a SB somewhere else.

Sounds like you want them to use the San Diego strategy. Draft a guy in the first round before you are sure about the current starter. Then have no choice but to dump the current starter and watch him win a SB somewhere else.

You know, for somebody who gets all worked up when people mention Aaron Rodgers as an example of drafting a first round QB when a starter is in place . . . You sure do a good job of cherry picking examples yourself.

First Dilfer as a rare case, now the Brees/Rivers thing. Guess we do what we can to support our POV.

It's clear to me...if Cutler proves to be an upgrade over Tannehill...and Cutler wants to continue his career with Gase...that it means releasing Tannehill and drafting Cutler's replacement in 2018 or 2019...Possibly taking shots in both drafts at various points in those drafts.

However...Cutler could fail...and Tannehill could be back on place for 2018..let's let it play out and see what happens...enjoy the ride.

I know everyone likes to think that Adam Gase came to Miami because of Tannehill and that he fully believes in Tannehill but for whatever reason I think Gase still has a better relationship with Cutler and will be more loyal to Cutler. maybe its because he has known Cutler longer? I don't know, that's just the impression/feeling I have. So if Cutler is even somewhat successfull this year, I do believe that means Bye Bye Tannehill (hopefully we can trade him and get something in return) and I could see Gase drafting a QB next year in what appears to be potentially a deep QB class.

You know, for somebody who gets all worked up when people mention Aaron Rodgers as an example of drafting a first round QB when a starter is in place . . . You sure do a good job of cherry picking examples yourself.

First Dilfer as a rare case, now the Brees/Rivers thing. Guess we do what we can to support our POV.

LOL. Aaron Rodgers. I've already stated that when Tannehill is entering his 15th year, I'm on board drafting a QB. What more do you want? Hell, I'll give you the Alex Smith scenario. I'm good drafting a QB in Tannehill's 13th year.

I notice you failed to reply to my detailed list of teams that failed to follow your strategy this year.

I've still waiting for any example of your POV. A team drafting a QB in the first round with an established starter still early in his career.

I know everyone likes to think that Adam Gase came to Miami because of Tannehill and that he fully believes in Tannehill but for whatever reason I think Gase still has a better relationship with Cutler and will be more loyal to Cutler. maybe its because he has known Cutler longer? I don't know, that's just the impression/feeling I have. So if Cutler is even somewhat successfull this year, I do believe that means Bye Bye Tannehill (hopefully we can trade him and get something in return) and I could see Gase drafting a QB next year in what appears to be potentially a deep QB class.

HC's own words were Ryan was poised to have a monster year. I think after the injury he went to the next person he had a working relationship with.

I will agree we don't know how Ryan will recover or play after the surgery, however I would not move on till we see what Ryan can or cannot do in 2018. He still has a chance to have success for some time in Miami.

gifs of gases sideline reaction to the qb play are gonna be priceless this year.

This might be all moot anyway. Cutler retired. Guys walk away when they no longer have the passion or ability to compete at a high level anymore. He came out of retirement for the money. Even if he wins a SB this year we are assuming that he would want to continue playing at age 35 after calling it quits once. I just don't see it. I expect him to retire again no matter the end result of the season.

For the umpteenth time: it's not that everyone likes to think that Gase came here because of Tannehill, it's that everyone KNOWS that a major reason he came here vs other options is because of Tannehill. And do you know why we all know? It's because he ****ing said so directly multiple times. So enough of this crap please.

For the umpteenth time: it's not that everyone likes to think that Gase came here because of Tannehill, it's that everyone KNOWS that a major reason he came here vs other options is because of Tannehill. And do you know why we all know? It's because he ****ing said so directly multiple times. So enough of this crap please.
We were the only ones to offer him the job

We were the only ones to offer him the job

Which he didn't have to take and certainly didn't have to make the statement that Tannehill was a big reason why he came. In fact, making that statement could have put him in a delicate situation if he was wrong about Tannehill. Of course, we now all know that he was correct, even if only some of us are willing to admit it.

Pretty sure Gase cancelled several interviews on the basis of the Tannehill-loaded Fins offer. After rejecting SF the year before and getting the Fins offer, Adam was 2 for 2. Considering the way his players rave about him including Manning, there's more than a reasonable expectation he'd have received more offers if Ross and his secret scout didn't preempt the process.

So again, Tannehill was a major reason he joined the Fins.. whether others would "like" to not believe that. But thanks for playing and be sure to collect your consolation prize on the way out the door.

Back
Top Bottom