Ryan Tannehill | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryan Tannehill

Here's the thing, Henson chose baseball over football, so there's no way to know what round he would have been drafted in had he committed to football 100%. I never gave my personal opinion of college Brady, I told you his starting record and the 2 bowls wins he helped his team win. Than I told you his nickname in college, I don't see what about that is unfactual or a biased theory.

I in fact never ever said Henson was a better QB. I said he was a 5 star recruit and a top rated player in the country, you understand I am not the person who determines the star ratings for HS prospects right? I wasn't the one who rated Henson higher than Brady. That's literally not what I do for a living.

I see this is going nowhere as you are reminiscent of another poster except instead of hating Tannehill its the extreme opposite. So good luck with your facts man may they lead you towards enlightenment. Adios!
Thank you and a good day to you too sir , just here to talk football not about me being a extreme RT fan, that comment is extreme. Some people on here make things way to personal man, can't even have a football discussion. I see why some consider us the worst fan base.

Thank you and a good day to you too sir , just here to talk football not about me being a extreme RT fan, that comment is extreme. Some people on here make things way to personal man, can't even have a football discussion. I see why some consider us the worst fan base.
You're not trying to have a football discussion, you're trying to force people to agree with you... You actually wrote in your OP: "I don't care what anyone says"...

Tannehill was drafted #8 overall.

Tannehill was given the job by default as a rookie.

Those yearly numbers are paltry in today’s era of passing first.

We’ll see if he comes out balling in 2018.
Tannehill was not given the job by default, he beat out Moore and Gerard in a fair competition. We all saw the training camp. He was the best QB on the roster

All who hope in Tannehill will be gravely disappointed.

Hope in the run game with an excellent draft pick and Drake killing it.
Hope in a new OL that will really gel and dominate.
Hope in a DL acquisition that will be the next Aaron Donald.
Hope in our young CB's to step up and shut it down this year.
Hope in our stud safeties staying healthy and leading the league in a couple categories.
Hope in Parker to finally fulfill his potential.

Hope in a hundred other things, but do NOT hope in Tannehill.

He has already peaked at mediocrity and it is all downhill from here.

Hope in a new and better QB. That hope may actually be fulfilled.

I hope Food Lion still has a case of Kona Fire Rock left this afternoon...:)

Tannehill was not given the job by default, he beat out Moore and Gerard in a fair competition. We all saw the training camp. He was the best QB on the roster
Nope Gerard got hurt and we already know how Miami feels about Moore. There was no competition.

So 4k passing yards and 27 td and 12 picks

There's nothing debatable, that list consist of bums. Ive seen to many games with philbin and that dumb west coast offense hindered RT, I remeber coming on here and people crying about him not having a run game.

philbin never ran as Consistently as he should have and he got crucified a lot for that on this forum and also gase was doing the same thing in the beginning, but he quickly changed that and created a better balance and jay ajayi started turning into a beast. Running game and a good offensive line seems To be a special privilege in the NFL, because it seems like only certain Qb's are afforded that type of privilege.while others like RT who put up 27 touchdowns and no more than 13int, gets called a bum because his coaches have not set him up to succeed point blank.

A good player can be hindered in Development. I don't think its a coincidence that when gase came in and the system finally started to work, RT started to look like the QB that we all expected him to be he was finally becoming that QB and taking that next step and anybody that disagrees it is in denial.

I'm fairly certain Roy was being sarcastic, although it's pretty well-established he's not a fan of Tannehill.

There are a few things at play here:

1) This franchise has been QB starved since Marino. STARVED. And one of the biggest hurdles any QB who comes here is going to have to deal with is that the fan base will immediately use Marino as a barometer. Here's the thing: Nobody before or since in the history of the NFL has come in to the league like Marino and just annihilated the standards of his day in the first few years of his career.

2) Nobody has had a trajectory from college to QB like Tannehill. Here's this point in a nutshell: The 20th game Andrew Luck started after high school was against Washington in his sophomore year at Stanford. The 20th game Russell Wilson started after high school was against Maryland, in his sophomore year at North Carolina State. The 20th game Ryan Tannehill started after high school was against the Houston Texans as a rookie in the NFL. The conversion from WR in college to Opening Day starter in the NFL was done in less than two years; just a season and a half of football. Can you think of another QB who's done that in the history of the modern NFL with ANY sort of success? Because I can't. But of course, that leads to....

3) The "No excuses" crowd vs the "supporting cast" crowd. All of us want the Fins to win. And when they don't, we all want someone to blame. And the QB is the most important single position on a football team. So, regardless of the circumstances, he's going to take the heat in those circumstances.

The thing with Tannehill is that the team around him has been so bad and/or dysfunctional and/or incompetent for so long that we still don't know for sure whether he is capable of taking this team to the next level. We don't know for sure if the team was so bad that no QB could have been successful with them, of if Tannehill hasn't able to take them beyond a certain point because of his limitations. And it's 2018. And it's just ******* ridiculous to still be having this debate. There will be people on this board who will tell you they have seen enough to know FOR SURE that Tannehill's not the guy, and point to their extensive football acumen, and then there are people who will tell you FOR SURE that they've seen enough to know that he can lead a competent team to a championship. And I'll tell you a secret:

None of us really know. Do I think he can? Yes. I've seen him do things and make throws that very few other QB can. And he's progressed tremendously since 2012, no matter what anyone else will tell you. But I still don't know for sure. I hope.

What is more important than any of this is that Adam Gase seems to think he can, too.

Ok if you wanna believe that. Tannehill didn’t win the job because of his pedigree of being a #8 overall pick or anything.

So by your definition, every QB who has been drafted in the first round and started on Opening Day never really earned their job? It certainly seems you want to believe that about Tannehill.

I'm fairly certain Roy was being sarcastic, although it's pretty well-established he's not a fan of Tannehill.

There are a few things at play here:

1) This franchise has been QB starved since Marino. STARVED. And one of the biggest hurdles any QB who comes here is going to have to deal with is that the fan base will immediately use Marino as a barometer. Here's the thing: Nobody before or since in the history of the NFL has come in to the league like Marino and just annihilated the standards of his day in the first few years of his career.

2) Nobody has had a trajectory from college to QB like Tannehill. Here's this point in a nutshell: The 20th game Andrew Luck started after high school was against Washington in his sophomore year at Stanford. The 20th game Russell Wilson started after high school was against Maryland, in his sophomore year at North Carolina State. The 20th game Ryan Tannehill started after high school was against the Houston Texans as a rookie in the NFL. The conversion from WR in college to Opening Day starter in the NFL was done in less than two years; just a season and a half of football. Can you think of another QB who's done that in the history of the modern NFL with ANY sort of success? Because I can't. But of course, that leads to....

3) The "No excuses" crowd vs the "supporting cast" crowd. All of us want the Fins to win. And when they don't, we all want someone to blame. And the QB is the most important single position on a football team. So, regardless of the circumstances, he's going to take the heat in those circumstances.

The thing with Tannehill is that the team around him has been so bad and/or dysfunctional and/or incompetent for so long that we still don't know for sure whether he is capable of taking this team to the next level. We don't know for sure if the team was so bad that no QB could have been successful with them, of if Tannehill hasn't able to take them beyond a certain point because of his limitations. And it's 2018. And it's just ******* ridiculous to still be having this debate. There will be people on this board who will tell you they have seen enough to know FOR SURE that Tannehill's not the guy, and point to their extensive football acumen, and then there are people who will tell you FOR SURE that they've seen enough to know that he can lead a competent team to a championship. And I'll tell you a secret:

None of us really know. Do I think he can? Yes. I've seen him do things and make throws that very few other QB can. And he's progressed tremendously since 2012, no matter what anyone else will tell you. But I still don't know for sure. I hope.

What is more important than any of this is that Adam Gase seems to think he can, too.

Yup. And with his injury concerns, and not playing for over a year, most of us are DONE waiting. And while I want to see him play this year, I damn sure dont want another year with no upside sitting on the bench behind him.

We need a possible successor waiting in the wings. This draft is the perfect opportunity.

Yup. And with his injury concerns, and not playing for over a year, most of us are DONE waiting. And while I want to see him play this year, I damn sure dont want another year with no upside sitting on the bench behind him.

We need a possible successor waiting in the wings. This draft is the perfect opportunity.

Agreed 100% to the last bit. Alas, I don't think you're actually done waiting.

I had a dream last night that both Derwin James and Baker Mayfield were available when the Fins were on the clock at 11. I woke up before we picked.

Back
Top Bottom