Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A thread here may have nailed it on the head. Maybe Nick is waiting for WH to counter offer. It would make sense as to why Nick would say "I dont want to leave", rather than "I told Alabama to look elsewhere because I`m staying here". Bottom line is its still a business to these guys. Right now my gut feeling is he stays. If he leaves he can take his mediocre NFL head-coaching record with him.

If my memory is correct, NFL Network said that Alabama is offering 15 million dollars more over the next three years, then what Miami is paying. One way or in another I just want to move forward to great success of our Dolphin Organization.

No disrespect intended but I really don't believe 15 million more than he would make at Miami over the next three years. If you subtract the reported 7 million signing bonus, that would still leave around 2.6 million a year over what he makes now.

I thought he is making somewhere around 4-4.5 million a year now. There is no way that he would be paid 6.5-7 million a year.

The report I heard worked out to be around 4.7 million a year for seven years with a 7 million signing bonus.

But there is so much crap journalism anymore that I don't know for sure.

Didn't Saban say he wasn't leaving? Or did I hallucinate that?

Obviously whatever Saban says is hogwash, all that matters is what the reporters have to say, after all, they know Saban far better then he knows himself. I don't understand why people refuse to accept what Saban has said over and over and over. This has gotten stupid.

Since this is New Year here is my prediction.

Saban will say thanks but no thanks.

Jim Mora will be hired as Bamas next HC.

The press will say that Saban changed his mind thus saving face .

Obviously whatever Saban says is hogwash, all that matters is what the reporters have to say, after all, they know Saban far better then he knows himself. I don't understand why people refuse to accept what Saban has said over and over and over. This has gotten stupid.

Silly me. I should have known better. After all, aren't sports casters the most intelligent people in the world?

In other words you are 100% positive Nick stays? C`mon now,you must have doubts yourself like everybody else.

Not feeling the greatest right now, but I had to share this. Chris Mortensen just said we should know one way or another by Tuesday at the latest on Nick's decision. NFL Network was saying the Alabama is offering Nick a lot more money then he is making in Miami. We shall see brothers and sisters.:wink:
Actually, Alabama is offering guarantee about 40 million vs the 15 million guarantee Saban would receive in the next 3 years as Head Coach for the Miami Dolphins.

That's a lot of money. I like Nick Saban and want him to be our coach, but I think he's leaving. :boohoo: :shakeno:

All aboard on the "Hire Ken Whisenhunt" bandwagon!

Silly me. I should have known better. After all, aren't sports casters the most intelligent people in the world?
It doesn't matter what Saban said before. Many coaches have said things before and lied about it in the end.

All we can do now is wait the next 3 days and see what happens. He's going to be offered tons of money right now, even more than Pete Carroll is earning in USC, which would make Saban the highest paid college coach in history.

Thanks for the reply. I agree mostly with your points above. Yeah Franchione officially left for A&M and the impending sanctions certainly must of had something to do with it but the way I understood it in addition they wanted him gone anyway cause they caught wind that as soon as he got to Tuscaloosa he was looking elsewhere due to not liking his new position. In other words going back to the point that he felt the heat of losing his job anyway if Bama did not get back to the top immediately sanctions or no sanctions. He should have stayed put and not go to Tuscaloosa and waited out once the job at College Station opened. It would have been better for him and Bama.

Sanctions were possibly an underlying factor, but A&M was what he wanted all of the time anyway, hence the out in his contract. There wasn't a problem with the position, he just wasn't prepared for the media and fan frenzy at BAMA. It wasn't like that at TCU.

He was not about to be fired. The admin tried to work out a contract extension and raise when they found out that the A&M job was opening but he wouldn't bite.

I don't think stating facts against conjecture is personally attacking you. Curry was around for at least one more year at Bama and there was no way in hell that Fran was going to be fired. Was you posted was purely speculation and/or opinion. And by the way, I saw up close the paranoia Curry carried around with him, from the alleged brick incident(anyone who was there could see the 'brick',which was actually a paperweight, was thrown out of the window, not into his office by a fan) to his calling of the FBI for death threats against some of the players, which was odd because there was not one player on the team who received anything near a death threat. He was, and I'm sure still is, an emotionally unstable person who the players never felt comfortable having one on one conversations with. None of what I have stated is an opinion or second hand info, so attempt to refute it if you want, but the examples you have been using just don't fit the situation.

BTW I seriously considered attending LSU and loved the campus and Baton Rouge when I visited. The girls there were just crazy too! Great place.

Thanks for the kind words about our school at Red Stick. As your fellow Bama fan so duly noted on his post (aptly named BAMA) Curry was not welcomed back and essentially fired / quit simultaneously. The paranoia thing is a new one except what I do remember at the time were reports that the man swore that folks were pressuring him beyond belief to win especially vs. Awbarn. I am not conjecturing anything.

I am taking an stance on a subject based on what was reported in the media, talks with your fellow Bama supporters, and general observations, and interpretations of the events from media outlet commentators who suppose to be close to the situation.I grant that the last source can be flawed due to the need for sensationlism that I will cover later in this post. This fan here can only go on what he has heard and read as you nor I may know the ultimate truth about what really happened unless we were flys on the wall during private meetings between coaches, ADs, and Chancellors or could read minds of people we see on TV and don't know in real life.

Facts and the 'official word' as in the Curry quiting / firing can be observed from various points of views and interpretations of the events. What you may feel is fact and the officical version may be different than what actually is and vice versa. For instance how many times the media has been wrong and misinterpreted and took things out of context to sell papers or to get ratings? Sometimes you have to do a lot of investigation to come up with your own best conclusions. And just like news opinions are like ...well you know what. Everyone has them.

I think if Saban was leaving he would have announced he was leaving by now. Nick would not wait for Bama to offer the job to other coaches if he really wanted to go there. I know $$$ talks, but I just don't see it.

I think if Saban was leaving he would have announced he was leaving by now. Nick would not wait for Bama to offer the job to other coaches if he really wanted to go there. I know $$$ talks, but I just don't see it.
He didn't talk about Miami until after the LSU Bowl game, so he won't comment until the end of the season.

He's not about to create a distraction for his players, it would be unfair to them, even though the reporters already created one themselves, but if Nick were to accept the job 2 weeks ago or even a week ago, that would be much worse than a reporter nagging them questions.

Back
Top Bottom