Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i like saban as a coach. he like me believes that defense is the most important thing. I also like the way he says What he means. but he has to look at the bigger picture. he needs to find young players to be the future of the team for example he should of given evans much more playing time this year. he showed what he is worth at the start of the year nut saban waited untill the last game of the year to activate him. give him playing time. let him develop! what we need is to use our running game much more effectivley more consistantly. more swing passes to ronnie brown who can use his power and speed to beat most lb's more play actions so that chambers can get atleast some separation from recievers.

The Saban clause...

I'm sure many of u saw this at the same time I did... watching NFL today pregame show. They were saying that next year teams will begin adding a clause in coaching contracts, that will forbid and prevent them from leaving as a HC in the NFL to return to coach at college. Of course in the meantime, we could be the one's gettin' jacked... b/c Saban's contract doesn't have that clause.

Sanctions were possibly an underlying factor, but A&M was what he wanted all of the time anyway, hence the out in his contract. There wasn't a problem with the position, he just wasn't prepared for the media and fan frenzy at BAMA. It wasn't like that at TCU.

He was not about to be fired. The admin tried to work out a contract extension and raise when they found out that the A&M job was opening but he wouldn't bite.

I did remember the contract extension thing but did not the school stop negotiation with him at a certain point on their own accord? That is what I understood to be the case. In other words they at first offered a contract extension but then switched gears and were going to get rid of him before the A&M job became his. If not then I will give you the benefit of the doubt and perhaps what I heard was incorrect. Thanks for your input and observations on the subject.

No disrespect intended but I really don't believe 15 million more than he would make at Miami over the next three years. If you subtract the reported 7 million signing bonus, that would still leave around 2.6 million a year over what he makes now.

I thought he is making somewhere around 4-4.5 million a year now. There is no way that he would be paid 6.5-7 million a year.

The report I heard worked out to be around 4.7 million a year for seven years with a 7 million signing bonus.

But there is so much crap journalism anymore that I don't know for sure.
None taken bro, just passing what I heard.:wink:

I don't think stating facts against conjecture is personally attacking you. Curry was around for at least one more year at Bama and there was no way in hell that Fran was going to be fired. What you posted was purely speculation and/or opinion. And by the way, I saw up close the paranoia Curry carried around with him, from the alleged brick incident(anyone who was there could see the 'brick',which was actually a paperweight, was thrown out of the window, not into his office by a fan) to his calling of the FBI for death threats against some of the players, which was odd because there was not one player on the team who received anything near a death threat. He was, and I'm sure still is, an emotionally unstable person who the players never felt comfortable having one on one conversations with. None of what I have stated is an opinion or second hand info, so attempt to refute it if you want, but the examples you have been using just don't fit the situation.

BTW I seriously considered attending LSU and loved the campus and Baton Rouge when I visited. The girls there were just crazy too! Great place.

Not to be nit picky but when you say to anyone their credibility is close to zero that is a bit personal. Assuming that I am just conjecturing and grabbing without me telling you my observation is based on what I remembered to be reported and from your Bama fans and other SEC fans iwho have some knowledge of the situation is quit one sided in its slant. I can only go what news I am aware of since you (I am assuming here) and I both are not mind readers. But, I give you a pass since you are emotional about your school and football team and I respect that. Of course I don't know how close you are to the Alabama University of if you PERSONALLY know folks who were involved in these situtions. Then in that case your sources are very good and better than what the rest of us have. Like I said unless we were flys on the wall how do we really know except go on observations based on what was reported to be fact.

I wonder how many of us wouldn't leave our current jobs if offered twice the money. And NONE of us would tell our current employer before an official offer is made. Of course, there is no Press involved in our daily decisions so its a lot easier for us to make these decisions. I wouldn't hold it against Saban, as I don't hold it against my employees that leave to better their lives or do what they love. I blame Bama for make it a very public fiasco that it is but if Saban's heart is in college and teaching young people, he is not what we need in a head coach. If he leaves we move on and in my opinion hire a offensive coordinator from a winning NFL team (Cameron, Whisenhunt, maybe Weiss at ND). Its not like we are on the brink of a Super Bowl and he is leaving us high and dry. Just MHO.

I really just have a bad feeling that Saban will be gone. I know hes said that he'll stay but the comment that he misses college players makes me think he's gone. It also doesn't hurt that 'Bama is going to offer him more money than he makes now too.

I really hope that he doesn't leave but if he does he will no doubt go down as a quitter (like Ricky Williams) and one of the most hated figures in Dolphin history.

Charley Casserly on the CBS pre-game show said next year new NFL coaches will have clauses in there contracts that they can not leave the NFL head coaching position for a college head coaching position. Currently Nick doesn't have this in his contract. Sorry been watching a lot of tv this morning.

The fact Nick misses an aspect of his old job is not that big a deal to me. I miss lots of aspects of former jobs. That's only natural. I have no idea what he'll do though, with all the mixed messages I gave up trying to guess.

From Wikipedia: After receiving a new contract offer from Alabama in early 1990 which contained clauses he disliked [3] (no raise and removal of the power to hire and fire assistants), Curry resigned and accepted a job as the head football coach at the University of Kentucky.

Giving someone a new contract offer is not telling him he won't be around the next year or forcing him to leave. I know how everyone on the net likes links and things so there it is above.

I'm a little larger than a fly, but I'll just say that I have a pretty good grasp on the whole situation of the program during the latter stages of Curry's tenure through the beginning of the Stalling's era. Never attended any meetings between Sloan and Curry or Hootie and Curry though.

And that wasn't meant to be personal, I was just saying you got some bad information bro. Probably not worded to great though, sorry.

It doesn't matter what Saban said before. Many coaches have said things before and lied about it in the end.

All we can do now is wait the next 3 days and see what happens. He's going to be offered tons of money right now, even more than Pete Carroll is earning in USC, which would make Saban the highest paid college coach in history.

So I guess we shouldn't listen to and believe our head coach based on the actions of other coaches. So much for trusting someone's word.
So sad :shakeno:

From Wikipedia: After receiving a new contract offer from Alabama in early 1990 which contained clauses he disliked [3] (no raise and removal of the power to hire and fire assistants), Curry resigned and accepted a job as the head football coach at the University of Kentucky.

Giving someone a new contract offer is not telling him he won't be around the next year or forcing him to leave. I know how everyone on the net likes links and things so there it is above.

I'm a little larger than a fly, but I'll just say that I have a pretty good grasp on the whole situation of the program during the latter stages of Curry's tenure through the beginning of the Stalling's era. Never attended any meetings between Sloan and Curry or Hootie and Curry though.

And that wasn't meant to be personal, I was just saying you got some bad information bro. Probably not worded to great though, sorry.

I know what you are saying. But, there is another point about this that is deeper than on the surface. For the most part contract offers usually don't mean that someone is to be ousted UNLESS THAT COACH OR PERSON REFUSED IT or when the governing body gives terms that could not be accepted.

The school has a right to be displeased with this and to be basically the straw that broke the horses back. In other words Bama wanted him back on their terms and strip him of certain level of control that they knew he most probably would not accept but to offer it like a carrot just in case. Creating the offer to make it look official that they want to retain a coach but to create a scenario due to refusal of unacceptable terms in the offer by the coach that creates a quit or be fired anyway situation. It is done all the time in business in a dog eat dog world. Keep things looking good on the surface so that the employee has no other choice to look elsewhere. Its not so much a negative look at Bama but the rough side of business in general.

i like saban as a coach. he like me believes that defense is the most important thing. I also like the way he says What he means. but he has to look at the bigger picture. he needs to find young players to be the future of the team for example he should of given evans much more playing time this year. he showed what he is worth at the start of the year nut saban waited untill the last game of the year to activate him. give him playing time. let him develop! what we need is to use our running game much more effectivley more consistantly. more swing passes to ronnie brown who can use his power and speed to beat most lb's more play actions so that chambers can get atleast some separation from recievers.
Traylor is an all-pro caliber DT, Wilkinson was a former 1st rounder, Holliday has had a great year, and Zgonina has been a very good player his whole career...and your bitching about Saban not playing a rookie over these guys? I think you need to look at the bigger picture.

Media just love the fuss, as long as Alabama have no appointed coach we will be hearing this over and over, for now I believe Saban.

Back
Top Bottom