Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x) | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Saban Speculation Thread Part 1 (merged 9,999x)

Will Saban take the offer from Alabama??

• Yes, the pressures of the NFL/ lure of a huge contract is too much to pass up

Votes: 136 49.8%
  • No. Saban will honor his contract with Miami and see this through one way or the other

Votes: 137 50.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[Miami Herald] Alabama officials and Saban's agent, Jimmy Sexton, have spoken at least three times since Mike Shula was fired as Alabama's coach, although there has been no contact in recent weeks.

During those talks, university representatives did not make a firm contractual offer, but did discuss parameters of a deal -- approximately $4 million annually. There also was talk of a signing bonus in the $7 million range.

Alabama's offer is expected to be much more than the $15 million Saban is owed for the three years remaining on his contract. The difference could amount to a guarantee in the $40 million range against Miami's $15 million.

If Wayne really believes Saban's the guy then he might have to make a counter offer with an extension and possible signing bonus.

Since Wayne really doesn't know a lot about football, he's already probably consulted with a bunch of different sources (like he did when he hired Nick) to find out if there's a ready-made suitable alternative or whether he'd just be better off giving him what it takes for Saban to stay.

There has been nothing to even hint that Saban deserves more money in Miami. If it's about money to Saban then I hope the door slams on his back on the way out.

He's already making 5 mil a year, and his record says he aint worth that....

If Wayne really believes Saban's the guy then he might have to make a counter offer with an extension and possible signing bonus.

Since Wayne really doesn't know a lot about football, he's already probably consulted with a bunch of different sources (like he did when he hired Nick) to find out if there's a ready-made suitable alternative or whether he'd just be better off giving him what it takes for Saban to stay.

If WH counters an Alabama offer, there needs to be a clause in their that guards against this sort of thing happening in the future. We'll have to deal with this sort of distraction year after year...My gut feeling is that Saban stays and we have an excellent offseason!

If he leaves then he leaves and Miami will have to go and hire an offensive minded coach this time around but they would need to keep Capers around.

he is not going anywhere we know now, why is alabama waisting time with nick

Why is everyone so upset on Nick leaving if the offer was in fact 15 million extra for 3 years. This isn't about anything to prove but you have to consider 15 million dollars is a ton of money.

I don't want him to leave and I would be disappointed if he did, but I would understand fully, as I would not be one to turn down that kind of money.

On the flip side if he does stay he shot up my charts with his decision.

There is a big difference here though. Herm Edwards was always a crappy coach who was just charismatic. Saban on the other hand I have to think is one of the better coaches in the league and losing him would not be good. Unless we found a suitable replacement of course, like Jeff Fischer.

Look at our talent that we were left and our salary cap situation. Wanny and Rick not only traded away alot of our future in draft picks but they also picked poorly with the ones they did have. I am a Calgary Flames fan and I know what extended years on not getting any talent can leave you.

We have a big gap in players between the ages of 24-28 that should be carrying our team. Instead it is entirely veterns like Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Keith Traylor, Kevin Carter and very young players like Ronnie Brown, Channing Crowder that carry this team. Chambers, McMichael, possibly Bell are really the only ones in that mid range and even they are pushing the upper edge and not contributing that much.

This team needs a decent QB and some consistency from the oline and skill positions before we can even look at the coach. And for that to happen you need talent, that this team has been deprived of for the last 4 years.

Our last two draft classes are looking great, and our cap is finally almost clear of bad contract with the exception of Olindo, Booker, Taylor (worth it), and Thomas (worth it). In Nicks 4th year he will have room to go after the biggest names in free agency and he will have good rookies, good mid year players and hopefully some veterns like Thomas and Taylor left to make a legitimate run at the Super Bowl.

I love Nick Saban as much as the next guy. But to be brutally honest, I havent seen the improvement and upside of this team that would warrant peole to worry about Nick leaving. The tumoltous offseason is what produced the 4-12 record that Wanny produced. This wasn't a BAD team then but it hasn't improved like it should have. I still see a conservative and non-verticle offense, the same mental errors, no toughness or physicality on either side of the ball.
I really am not even 50% sold that Nick can have success in the NFL like he did in college.

This isnt a run of the mill local journalist trying to make a name for himself. Heres his info:

Jeremy Green is director of pro scouting for Scouts Inc. He has been an NFL scout for 11 years, including two as director of pro personnel for the Cleveland Browns. He is the son of Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green.

This resume' does not make him credible.

At this point I could care less if Saban stays or leaves but this guy is no more credible than Fat Hank, Armando Salguero, or Louie the Wrench....

I'm hopin Saban stays. If he leaves for the money, I lose all respect for the guy. He has nothing to prove by going back to the college level except money (which looks like an awful lot and probably hard to pass up) and being a failure and a quitter in the pros.

Hope your feelin better for the new year FFIC!

why would you lose repsect for a guy wanting more money?? Maybe he's just thinking about his family(spreewell style:sidelol: ).. not just his immediate family, they are taken care of... but his kid's, kid's.. and their kid's and so on... he's going to be coaching regardless so it would be hard for me to question his heart.. people change... life changes.. maybe it's a better situation for him or his family.. who know's his reason if he decides to... he love's coaching obviously.. beside's you don't have to lose respect for him because he's already said he's not going to coach Alabama.. what more do we want him to say?? now if he lied to us.. i'll lose respect for him.

Back
Top Bottom