Salguero: McCoy believes himself the leading candidate | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: McCoy believes himself the leading candidate

It is not ****y. I think it is out of respect for the Dolphins. HEAR THAT...someone WANTS THIS JOB!

Plenty of people want this job, Im sure if we interviewed Pete Carmichael he would want the job. So we should hire a lesser canidate because he wants the job

I like McCoy the most out of the three left, with Philbin being second, and leaving the position vacant as my third choice.

That being said, I find it hard to believe McCoy turned down the Raiders interview for the sole purpose that he expects to get this job. Thats just stupid. Nobody turns down an interview because they expect they will get another, unless they are absolutely certain of it. Either there is already an agreement behind the scenes between these two (although I don't know what the point of that would be) or he had some concerns about the Raiders organization

Plenty of people want this job, Im sure if we interviewed Pete Carmichael he would want the job. So we should hire a lesser canidate because he wants the job

Arguing over the Pete Carmichael's of the world does nothing at this time. Move on.

Here's what I hate about all this......there're tons of people on this board that always want to be right.......they don't even care if our team lose just as long as they can come back here and say "I told you I was right"......they do it with just about every player and every coach too. Whichever coach we pick there's going to be a million threads about how bad the move is and how the new coach will suck.That part is ok with me. It is a board and everyone has a right to type what they want. But there're people on this board that will HOPE that the new coach will fail just so they can say they were right.I for one will root for whoever we pick as I am a dolphins fan and will give the guy a chance.

Ozzy rules!!

I hope they do hire McCoy and proves everyone wrong, do it Ross give this guy the keys to the stadium.

Arguing over the Pete Carmichael's of the world does nothing at this time. Move on.
True, but his point is that everyone interviewing for the position is interested otherwise they wouldn't come here. Let's get the best person for the job, not just the one that says they want it the most. Sorry, but if the story is true that he turned down the interview because he believes he's the top candidate here in Miami screams ****y. The only way it's not is if Ross/Ireland told him that he was. Then that just means our FO is completely off the deep end. Either way, it would it's concerning.

I bet McCoy could put a pretty good staff together. We shall see. Hire soon though so THEY CAN hire a quality staff.

I am on board with either him or Philbin.

I want nothing to do with Philbin especially hearing he never called any plays in GB. That and after his son died I think it's too early, he needs time to grieve, right now he will coach with his heart on his sleeve which scares me.

I want nothing to do with Philbin especially hearing he never called any plays in GB. That and after his son died I think it's too early, he needs time to grieve, right now he will coach with his heart on his sleeve which scares me.

The calling of plays thing doesn't bother me but being a Father myself I cannot even put myself where he has been the last few weeks but he has admitted he is ready to relocate to begin his HC career.

Obviously not Harbaugh or Fisher!!...lol..This Franchise has problems up and down the line and people are not just lined up except guys that have ZERO credentials and have road the coattails of others.

Did i mention Cowher? nope hes on the above list aswell theres a reason people are not taken this job.

Hey, we're all Phin fans and want the best for the franchise. While we all have different opinions, it's all a crap-shoot at this point, so hopefully regardless how this all turns out I hope we get lucky and finally get to where we've not been in a LONG time !!!

Guess I'm one of a few that wants McCoy as the HC. Lots of haters.

I dont hate that you want Mccoy I just have no clue why he is a canidate to be our coach based on his body of work. if we hire him i will wish for the best but it wont make me believe its a better hire than it is. i just dont see how you have the whole league of assistants at your leisure to peruse and this guy comes out as the best hire. Before our search started not one person on this site or analyist was touting McCoy as a great person to look at as head coach but some on this board now that we have him as a name all of a sudden are on his bandwagon. I guess Ross only watched the end of the game versus the Broncos and forgot how inept that offense was the rest of the game. People blast Mularkey as a hire based on thier playoff game but against one of the worst defenses in the league Mccoys offense did nothing also but he is a great canidate.

Back
Top Bottom