Salguero: McCoy believes himself the leading candidate | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: McCoy believes himself the leading candidate

God, these media guys are going from bad to worse. This wreaks of conjecture! "A Source" huh?? I'll tell you exactly what this is: Armando is deducing that because McCoy withdrew his name from Oakland, that that must mean that he believes that the Dolphins job is his to lose.

How about he just doesn't want to coach in Oakland? And you know what? I wouldn't blame him. Oh hold on, let me put on my "Armando" hat and try this again:

"A source within Mike McCoy's camp informed me that he doesn't want to coach within a toxic environment like Oakland, which is why he withdrew his name from contention".

I should apply at the Herald...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just Great.

I bet he is gonna tell them that he can turn Moore into a franchise QB (LOL).

Season tickets barely hit 40k last year...

How far will they drop this year?

Hmm I wonder if the economy has or will have anything to do with that?

I hear everyone moan and groan about attendance, it's like some ppl forget we are in one the worst economies in the last 40-60 years.

Hmm I wonder if the economy has or will have anything to do with that?

I hear everyone moan and groan about attendance, it's like some ppl forget we are in one the worst economies in the last 40-60 years.

Yeah blame it on the economy. I personally know 3 season ticket owners who didn't renew and didn't even attend games they had tickets for, just couldn't be bothered about it. Fan apathy will hit an all-time low next year if we don't start making some forward progress. This franchise needs a shot in the arm bigtime. Look at the Heat and their stars and even the Marlins are going ot create a huge buzz in town this year. What are the Dolphins going to do to keep up? Hire Bowes as HC? THis franchise is in serious trouble.

At this point I see the positives of both Philbin and McCoy, and will be interested and optimistic about where they will take the team. For this reason, I'm completely expecting Bowles to get the job and this board to explode.

At this point I see the positives of both Philbin and McCoy, and will be interested and optimistic about where they will take the team. For this reason, I'm completely expecting Bowles to get the job and this board to explode.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I think we all get caught up on wanting an offensive guy and we look at Green Bay success and think that Philbin will be the right choice for Head Coach. The Dolphins are looking for a Head Coach and not a Offensive Coordinator. They need someone that is able to deligate responsibilities and lead men. I'm not sure who the right person for the job but we need a leader and maybe Mccoy shows more promise in that area.

I think we all get caught up on wanting an offensive guy and we look at Green Bay success and think that Philbin will be the right choice for Head Coach.  The Dolphins are looking for a Head Coach and not a Offensive Coordinator.  They need someone that is able to deligate responsibilities and lead men.  I'm not sure who the right person for the job but we need a leader and maybe Mccoy shows more promise in that area.

Yeah blame it on the economy. I personally know 3 season ticket owners who didn't renew and didn't even attend games they had tickets for, just couldn't be bothered about it. Fan apathy will hit an all-time low next year if we don't start making some forward progress. This franchise needs a shot in the arm bigtime. Look at the Heat and their stars and even the Marlins are going ot create a huge buzz in town this year. What are the Dolphins going to do to keep up? Hire Bowes as HC? THis franchise is in serious trouble.

Yea you are correct, the economy has very little to do with it. It's not like Dolphins season tickets are cheap or anything.

lol

It just hit me. Who would have thought a few months ago we'd be sitting here debating the merits of possibly hiring Philbin or McCoy as our next head coach? Especially considering some of the orginal names thrown out there! I know it's the reality now, but we would have mentioned these names back then, we'd get laughed off the site.

Heard on Sirius that Mccoy is expected to be announced head coach within next 24 hours.

Mike Mccoy is interviewing with miami again today right??????????? So maybe we will hear some news today it would be nice for this drama to finally END.........

Back
Top Bottom