Salguero: McCoy believes himself the leading candidate | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Salguero: McCoy believes himself the leading candidate

The calling of plays thing doesn't bother me but being a Father myself I cannot even put myself where he has been the last few weeks but he has admitted he is ready to relocate to begin his HC career.

That's how I feel as well as a father as well it's too soon after a death in the family.

Obviously not Harbaugh or Fisher!!...lol..This Franchise has problems up and down the line and people are not just lined up except guys that have ZERO credentials and have road the coattails of others.

Did i mention Cowher? nope hes on the above list aswell theres a reason people are not taken this job.

Billick said he wants the job

I dont hate that you want Mccoy I just have no clue why he is a canidate to be our coach based on his body of work. if we hire him i will wish for the best but it wont make me believe its a better hire than it is. i just dont see how you have the whole league of assistants at your leisure to peruse and this guy comes out as the best hire. Before our search started not one person on this site or analyist was touting McCoy as a great person to look at as head coach but some on this board now that we have him as a name all of a sudden are on his bandwagon. I guess Ross only watched the end of the game versus the Broncos and forgot how inept that offense was the rest of the game. People blast Mularkey as a hire based on thier playoff game but against one of the worst defenses in the league Mccoys offense did nothing also but he is a great canidate.

No one knew who John Harbaugh was either when they hired him up in Balt. After reading up about McCoy he intrigued me to the point where I thought he'd make a good HC and watching his interviews he doesn't sound stupid. Plus he's really young, I sure hope they do hire him I think he will surprise a lot of people.

No one knew who John Harbaugh was either when they hired him up in Balt. After reading up about McCoy he intrigued me to the point where I thought he'd make a good HC and watching his interviews he doesn't sound stupid. Plus he's really young, I sure hope they do hire him I think he will surprise a lot of people.

This trying to hire the youngest coaches has no real rationale at all. Do you really think NFl players play harder for a younger guy than an older guy. Im pretty sure most of the guys interviewing are smart guys, hell if we want smart lets hire Clements who is also a lawyer but this is a job as football coach and there is a learning curve and jobs should not be given out just because some people equate young and with being hungry . I wouldnt doubt that Ross will hire MCCoy and sell us some bill of goods of how he is this young exciting coach that has so much potential but as an Oc in reality it was a 23 rd ranked offense and I very much doubt anybody would even rank MCcoy as one of the best 10 coordinators in the league. When people think of the statement young shula most dont know that he was a defensive coordinator for a very good Detroit defense not some coordinator of some back of the league offense that mustered 10 points versus the 31st ranked defense.

I bet McCoy could put a pretty good staff together. We shall see. Hire soon though so THEY CAN hire a quality staff.

here's the thing though, I'm really curious to see what kind of staff he'd put together. Philbin I look at and say he's been with the entire offensive staff in Green Bay since 06 so all their offensive assistants would be in play. Namely Tom Clements, Edgar Bennent, and Jerry Fontenot. Defensively, you got Darren Perry, Kevin Greene, Mike Trgovac, and Joe Witt Jr as DC candidates.

McCoy? I can't really say. I guess Adam Gase would be a choice as they've been together for 3 years but otherwise I dunno

Well they've interviewed the 2 other candidates and no offer has been made... So it does sound like its his job to lose. no?

This trying to hire the youngest coaches has no real rationale at all. Do you really think NFl players play harder for a younger guy than an older guy. Im pretty sure most of the guys interviewing are smart guys, hell if we want smart lets hire Clements who is also a lawyer but this is a job as football coach and there is a learning curve and jobs should not be given out just because some people equate young and with being hungry . I wouldnt doubt that Ross will hire MCCoy and sell us some bill of goods of how he is this young exciting coach that has so much potential but as an Oc in reality it was a 23 rd ranked offense and I very much doubt anybody would even rank MCcoy as one of the best 10 coordinators in the league. When people think of the statement young shula most dont know that he was a defensive coordinator for a very good Detroit defense not some coordinator of some back of the league offense that mustered 10 points versus the 31st ranked defense.

While I'm sure McCoy will take full responsibility (and he does deserve some criticism), it doesn't help to have your quarterback throw 34%. Or a 3.6 YPC average from your running backs.

They had clock control, but man if Tebow throws half-way decent, they might actually be in the game. The offense converted just 1 of 3 redzone tries.

Think if Tebow had the completion percentage of Matt Moore (about 60%) in that game. He would complete about 6-7 more passes for about 225 total yards (89 more based on his yards per completion). Not saying it would've made a difference, but you never know.

McCoy takes blame, but having Tebow as your quarterback doesn't help.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

here's the thing though, I'm really curious to see what kind of staff he'd put together. Philbin I look at and say he's been with the entire offensive staff in Green Bay since 06 so all their offensive assistants would be in play. Namely Tom Clements, Edgar Bennent, and Jerry Fontenot. Defensively, you got Darren Perry, Kevin Greene, Mike Trgovac, and Joe Witt Jr as DC candidates.

McCoy? I can't really say. I guess Adam Gase would be a choice as they've been together for 3 years but otherwise I dunno

Could at least say Trgovac is an option given their time together in Carolina.

I like to think that mccoy would bring the bonus of not having cronyism. (sp)

Im pretty sure philben would put together the best staff of the three by far. If mccoy is hired Im pretty sure Bowles is gone because I think losing to Philben woulld be easier to understand although he may stay or leave no matter what. MCCoys biggest problem is he has only been a coordinator for two years so the people that have worked under him is quite limited. Philben has worked with alot of coaches in Green Bay and would definately bring an assistant or two from one of the best staffs in the league.

Well Philbin as only been OC for 4 years, not in total control of that offense, and was a OL coach before....

When talking McCoy don't ignore that he was a big part of the Panthers 10th ranked offense in 2008.

Also, what is this team's biggest need the past decade? A quarterback. McCoy is a former QB and has helped develop a few a the NFL level. Give him a young QB to work with, whether that is someone like Matt Flynn or going all in for RGIII, or drafting someone in the second round. McCoy could bomb, but he has the chance to be good.

Well Philbin as only been OC for 4 years, not in total control of that offense, and was a OL coach before....

in tha time though he has worked with a much better staff than mccoy, clements would be a great oc for us

When talking McCoy don't ignore that he was a big part of the Panthers 10th ranked offense in 2008.

Also, what is this team's biggest need the past decade? A quarterback. McCoy is a former QB and has helped develop a few a the NFL level. Give him a young QB to work with, whether that is someone like Matt Flynn or going all in for RGIII, or drafting someone in the second round. McCoy could bomb, but he has the chance to be good.
'

In his time in the league what Qb has he developed? You could say he had some part in Moore's dvelopment but Moore was also quite horrid the previous year so I would not count Moore as much of a development until he shows he can play conssistently good.

I want nothing to do with Philbin especially hearing he never called any plays in GB. That and after his son died I think it's too early, he needs time to grieve, right now he will coach with his heart on his sleeve which scares me.

I can understand the concerns with Philbin regarding his son. In reality, everyone grieves differently, no matter what the tragedy. For some, losing a child would devestate them, plunging them into a world of grief and pain. Others will try to move on with their lives (I've heard multiple people in similar situations confess they eventually realize that life doesn't stop just because they are hurting or have lost something great).

The ones that try to move on WILL still grieve, perhaps just not as openly as others. They will feel their pain, but also try to move on with their life WHILE coping with the pain. Some people just have the strength and ability to move beyond the grief and continue on with life as normal (despite crying/etc behind closed doors).

Back
Top Bottom