Sanchez-Henne-Fitz Watch | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sanchez-Henne-Fitz Watch

Idiotic post go figure. 4th quarter within 7. 4-10 56 yards, but this guy was a playmaker in the clutch on Sunday somehow. Henne was hurried 18 times and played better than Sanchez by far. I guess Sanchez is as good as Alex Smith, Grossman, Luke McCown, and Jason Campbell right? Admit to that last point, and I might give you a pat on the back for finally following your own logic.

Again, you are using pure stats to prove a point. Tell me who's idiotic now? I was using YOUR logic of stats deciding the better player. Using YOUR logic, the most important stat is W, and Sanchez had that. Is it that hard to understand?

Why I think Sanchez was clutch? He had a TD drive early in the 4th quarter to keep it a one possession game. Henne had three drives with zero points early in the 4th quarter, putting his team in a hole. I never said Sanchez was perfect. Inside the 7, going 4 out of 10, 56 yards, 1 TD, and no int is not bad at all (not great either, before you start assuming things). The field gets so small, its tough completing passes. How often do we see TDs inside Goal-to-Go situations on 3rd downs and 4th downs. Main thing is to not turn it over.

Sanchez had a lower QBR than McNabb and McNabb threw for 39 yds, that tells you how much this stat actually tells us. Henne's team lost by 14(21 if not for a garbage time TD), passing yds are nice but it's about points and making plays to win. sanchez didn't make plays late to win but he made a ton of plays to keep them in the game until those last couple of drives.

How come you guys are using total QBR now? last year you used the regular QB rating b/c henne was slightly ahead and you haven't brought up the total QBR b/c Sanchez was much better in that one.

We can post all the stats we want but it's about making plays to win games- something Sanchez does better than Henne and Fitz.

ESPN just started using QBR this season. :crazy:

Sanchez "wins" more games because he plays on a team with much more talent than either Fitzpatrick or Henne do. His OL is much better. His D is much better. Last season Sanchez had much better receivers.

Sanchez had an INT and a fumble, and it was his teammates who won the game for the Jests not Sanchez. He fouled up and he didn't contribute much to the win. That's why his QBR is so low.

I can't speak about Henne but if Fitzpatrick played on the Jests and Sanchez played on the Bills, Fitz would have even better stats and Sanchez would be considered a bust. Sanchez has NOT been that impressive given the talent around him, and that's especially true compared to the talent around either Fitz or Henne.

Sanchez had a W, Henne got a L. Who gives a ****. This is a Sanchez-Henne-Fitz watch, not a Jets-Dolphins-Bills watch. Are Jets fans really this clueless. Wait, stupid question. Henne and Fitz were far better than Sanchez week 1, end of story. Who got a W or L means nothing to how good or bad a QB played.

ESPN just started using QBR this season. :crazy:

Sanchez "wins" more games because he plays on a team with much more talent than either Fitzpatrick or Henne do. His OL is much better. His D is much better. Last season Sanchez had much better receivers.

Sanchez had an INT and a fumble, and it was his teammates who won the game for the Jests not Sanchez. He fouled up and he didn't contribute much to the win. That's why his QBR is so low.

I can't speak about Henne but if Fitzpatrick played on the Jests and Sanchez played on the Bills, Fitz would have even better stats and Sanchez would be considered a bust. Sanchez has NOT been that impressive given the talent around him, and that's especially true compared to the talent around either Fitz or Henne.

Idk about that. Fitzgerald seems like a perfect fit for Chan Gailey's offense. Not sure if he'd look so good in the Jets offense, but I suppose it's not too hard to look better than Sanchez.

Sanchez's team and coaching staff are the #1 reason he "wins"

Fitz is the best one because hes been playing well for a bit now and really moves the chains/scores (with little talent)

Henne will beat Sanchez is Total QBR, and the regular QB rating system. Henne will throw for more TDs, Rush for more TDs, and throw less INTs. But Sanchez will have more wins. And its not because he's better. That will be the arguement at the end. Take the better QB? or the winning QB? I'll take the better, then put him a team that carries him. Lets trade Henne for Sanchez, I'm sure Sanchez would do a lot better than Henen in Miami. He would have beaten the pats too with miami's team.

Sanchez's team and coaching staff are the #1 reason he "wins"

Fitz is the best one because hes been playing well for a bit now and really moves the chains/scores (with little talent)

Henne will beat Sanchez is Total QBR, and the regular QB rating system. Henne will throw for more TDs, Rush for more TDs, and throw less INTs. But Sanchez will have more wins. And its not because he's better. That will be the arguement at the end. Take the better QB? or the winning QB? I'll take the better, then put him a team that carries him. Lets trade Henne for Sanchez, I'm sure Sanchez would do a lot better than Henen in Miami. He would have beaten the pats too with miami's team.

Nonsense. QB's are the reason a team wins. The other 21 starters on the team as well as coaching have no factor in wins or losses.

Junc you are officially pissing me off. I usually put up with your crap and every once in a while give you credit when you say something reasonable.....but now you are just being stupid. For the love of god just admit than Henne had a much better game than Sanchez. It doesnt matter if you are talking about Qb rating, QBR rating, watching the game, whatever......It is very clear to everyone in the world that Henne was far better. Quit being a Jackass

Junc you are officially pissing me off. I usually put up with your crap and every once in a while give you credit when you say something reasonable.....but now you are just being stupid. For the love of god just admit than Henne had a much better game than Sanchez. It doesnt matter if you are talking about Qb rating, QBR rating, watching the game, whatever......It is very clear to everyone in the world that Henne was far better. Quit being a Jackass

Blind homers aren't able to acknowledge when someone has a better performance than someone on their own team just like they aren't able to acknowledge their team isn't perfect in every facet of the game.

He did thanks to a garbage time TD, in the competitive portion of the game Sanchez led his O to more points against a better D.

:lol:I assume you man the diving, near impossible catch on the last possession? I love the "dropped INTs" stats, didn't Henne have a couple dropped or do those not count?

First of all, Henne had one in the endzone cuz of miscommunication with Marshall, but it wasn't nearly as egrigious as Sanchez's. Plus Sanchez fumbled twice because he's a little *****.
Diving, nearly impossible catch? What the hell are u talking about? The ball hit the idiot in the hands, any non retarded corner picks that ball off. The headline of the game should have been "JETS GET HANDED GAME BUT SANCHEZ IMMEDIATELY RETURNS THE FAVOR IN THE BATTLE FOR WHO WANTS IT LESS"

I guess I don't understand the meaning of clutch. To me, its putting points on board to lead the game very late when ur team is down or tied. Yeah, he got 2 yards, but he didn't turn it over.

:lol: You guys are funny. The only points Sanchez put on the board in the 4th quarter (and should get credit for) was when the team was down 14 points and most of Dallas' secondary was injured and not on the field. That was one drive at the very beginning of the 4th. Sanchez had 2 opportunities after that to tie the game, but could not. The defense (or Romo) gave the offense the ball on the Dallas 34. Greene gains 2 yards, but Sanchez gets the credit for being clutch? :lol2:

Sanchez has made some clutch plays in the past, but to try and give him credit for the win against Dallas is laughable.

That's EXACTLY why I put "generally" in my statement.

The Bears have been successful with terrible QBs for the past decade until Cutler rolled around they didn't had a good QB in ages.

I guess I don't understand the meaning of clutch. To me, its putting points on board to lead the game very late when ur team is down or tied. Yeah, he got 2 yards, but he didn't turn it over. I guess ur gonna go back to the "Omg, he had dropped pick" girly talk? For that matter, Alan Ball is a corner and corners aren't WRs that make diving ints on regular basis.

Yeah cause those incompletions really showed how clutch Sanchez is.:rolleyes2:

By the time 4th quarter rolled around, it was an 11 point game for Dolphins. By the time 4th quarter rolled around, it was a 10 point game for the Jets. How different are the situations?

Again defense gave up 500+ passing yards...there was no way we were getting back in that game, and Henne led the team to some deep drives late in the 4th but a bad call on 4th and inches hurt them. Besides Sanchez didn't even do anything clutch worthy, he could've sat down and finished his photos with GQ while eating a hot dog and the game still would've been tied.

I never knew handing the ball to the running back and throwing 2 incompletions was clutch.:rolleyes2:

The Bears have been successful with terrible QBs for the past decade until Cutler rolled around they didn't had a good QB in ages. No **** he didn't turn the ball over, they ran it 3 times in a ****in row, if he would of fumbled then he would've been Tony Romo 2.0, the ball should've been easily picked but that really doesn't matter. Again defense gave up 500+ passing yards...there was no way we were getting back in that game, and Henne led the team to some deep drives late in the 4th but a bad call on 4th and inches hurt them. Besides Sanchez didn't even do anything clutch worthy, he could've sat down and finished his photos with GQ while eating a hot dog and the game still would've been tied. I never knew handing the ball 3 times in a row to a runningback was clutch.:rolleyes2:
There was only 1 running play on that last drive after the Dallas turnover. The other 2 plays were passes that were incomplete. (1 almost being intercepted) The main point remains the same though.

NYJunc is being retarded if he thinks ***chez did anything clutch in that game. he won because his defense and special teams helped him unlike Miamis. Henne put up 400 yards with 3 total TDs and a great completion percentage but thats not as good as Sanchez? lets see what Sanchez did that was so "clutch"

final drive of the game:

1-10-DAL 34 (:49) 23-S.Greene up the middle to DAL 32 for 2 yards (50-S.Lee).
Timeout #1 by NYJ at 00:41.
2-8-DAL 32 (:41) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass incomplete short right to 85-D.Mason (20-A.Ball).
3-8-DAL 32 (:37) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass incomplete short left to 17-P.Burress (21-M.Jenkins).

2 incompletions which made them rely on the kicker having to make a 50 yard FG

you say he kept them in the game? lets look at the previous drives in the 4th quarter which we can all admit is the clutch time

1-10-NYJ 20 (2:16) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass short left to 17-P.Burress to NYJ 22 for 2 yards (21-M.Jenkins).
Two-Minute Warning
2-8-NYJ 22 (2:00) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass incompletedeep right to 85-D.Mason.
3-8-NYJ 22 (1:55) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass short right to 21-L.Tomlinson to NYJ 31 for 9 yards (50-S.Lee).
1-10-NYJ 31 (1:28) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass incomplete short right to 10-S.Holmes.
2-10-NYJ 31 (1:23) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass incomplete short right to 21-L.Tomlinson.
3-10-NYJ 31 (1:19) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez sacked at NYJ 29 for -2 yards (93-A.Spencer).

previous drive...

(8:59) 23-S.Greene left guard to NYJ 9 for 6 yards (90-J.Ratliff).
2-4-NYJ 9 (8:15) 6-M.Sanchez pass deep middle to 17-P.Burress to NYJ 35 for 26 yards (20-A.Ball).
1-10-NYJ 35 (7:59) 6-M.Sanchez pass incomplete short left to 17-P.Burress.
2-10-NYJ 35 (7:33) (Shotgun) 21-L.Tomlinson up the middle to NYJ 35 for no gain (50-S.Lee).
3-10-NYJ 35 (6:52) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass deep right to 81-D.Keller to DAL 46 for 19 yards (50-S.Lee).
1-10-DAL 46 (6:52) 6-M.Sanchez sacked at DAL 46 for 0 yards (40-D.McCray). FUMBLES (40-D.McCray) [40-D.McCray], RECOVERED by DAL-50-S.Lee at NYJ 47. 50-S.Lee to NYJ 47 for no gain (21-L.Tomlinson).

previous drive...

1-10-NYJ 16 (14:46) 23-S.Greene right tackle to NYJ 15 for -1 yards (99-K.Coleman; 95-S.Lissemore).
2-11-NYJ 15 (14:04) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass short middle to 10-S.Holmes to NYJ 43 for 28 yards (26-A.Elam). DAL-21-M.Jenkins was injured during the play.
1-10-NYJ 43 (13:33) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass short right to 85-D.Mason to DAL 44 for 13 yards (26-A.Elam).
1-10-DAL 44 (13:33) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass short right to 21-L.Tomlinson to DAL 33 for 11 yards (20-A.Ball).
1-10-DAL 33 (12:37) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 21-L.Tomlinson left guard to DAL 26 for 7 yards (50-S.Lee).
2-3-DAL 26 (12:09) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass incomplete deep left to 17-P.Burress (37-B.McCann).
3-3-DAL 26 (12:03) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass deep left to 17-P.Burress for 26 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Play Challenged by Replay Assistant and Upheld.

he had 1 good drive in the whole 4th quarter and that was at the very beginning of the quarter overall he was 8 of 15 passes with 1 TD but also 1 fumble. Sanchez is horrible, Henne threw for more yards and a higher completion % then Sanchez has ever done

Is this really even a debate after the first week? Henne played great, there is no disputing that. Sanchez wasn't even in the same level. If anyone can honestly look at that Dallas/Jets game and walk away saying that Sanchez did well needs to get their eyes checked because that's not even close.

He did win and like I have said many of times before, wins aren't the sole bases of evaluating a qb. That game is living proof that just because they won doesn't mean he played well. As on the other end of the spectrum, even if you play well doesn't mean you'll win (Henne).

Just don't bother telling that to any of these people that are masters of spinning everything in their favor. It's not even worth your time.

My eyes tell me what I thought would have happened with a new OC and the dedication Henne put forth during the off-season. Now, let's get this monkey off of our back and beat Houston.

When Sanchez does something worth mention in terms of his performance on the field then his fans can say something..

Back
Top Bottom