Sanchez-Henne-Fitz Watch | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sanchez-Henne-Fitz Watch

what does their reocrd las year have to do w/ anything? I guess you are playing a 6-10 team this week so you should win comfortably, right?

No one spins more than you, I present facts to those who lack basic football knowledge and think just b/c a guy throws for a ton of yards it means he had a great game.

you parse facts to befit your agendi..... Tony Romo lost a bunch of games coming in before his injury. He was on a roll.. but unfortunately it was all downhill. There was nothing in the Cowboys' 6-10 record to suggest they were gonna be a formidable opponent. Don't even attempt to glorify them.

However to your credit you haven't (at least yet) altered your "wins are more important than bad stats" Sanchez defense rap to point out Romo's decent-good stat lines while he was losing all those games to again selectively parse your nonsense.. The fact that in your typical passive aggressive manner, you're denigrating an outstanding performance by Henne by likening it to Sanchez's suckage instead of admitting your team once again stepped in undeserved **** and won despite tacoboy reveals you for the homer you truly are. In this thread, "the emperor has no clothes." It is what it is, Sorry

That Detroit timeout never should have been necessary, after we scored to make it a 3 pt game they allowed the clock to keep running. I believe we lost 15-20 secs.

We keep bringing pressure to other teams, it forces mistakes. Not long ago we used to be the mentally fragile team that allowed opponents to use their will over us but those days are over.

Yes, I agree that the officials should have stopped the clock, and they did lose 14 seconds. It was a tough call for them to make on that play as it looked like Sanchez knee might have been down. Regardless, they should have stopped the clock.

I don't think 14 seconds would have made a difference. Had Det ran the ball, the clock would have been down to 1:14. (if you count the time they lost on the TD) Going 80 yards with no timeouts with 1:14 on the clock is not likely. Even with the extra time, it took a penalty to get the Jets in FG range. I don't think those things happen because of the Jets. It is just stupid calls, and undisciplined football by the other team.

Listen, last 2 yrs jets had a better record than miami and so far this year too. But someone posted that we werent giving jets credit for wins when they were handed games like the dallas game. I give them credit for taking adantage of it but they need the luck of a terrible romo play to stay in the game then to take the lead in the game. Im referring to the fumble and then the int. Last yr, all det had to do was to run the ball but they had stafford thrown an incomplete pass to stop the clock which allowed the jets to get in fg range to win the game. I give the jets credit for moving into fg range and making the fg but anyone with half a brain knew if they just ran the ball or took a knee, the jets would have gotten the ball with 40 secs left and no time outs and they would have lost. Just find it odd that even coaches call the wrong plays in clutch time against the jets. On another note, I really would like to know how the jets were not called for one holding penalty all night? Not one penalty period all night. Meanwhile in preseason they were getting 10+ penalties plus per game. You may think im nuts but it was the 10 yr 9/11 memorials going on in nyc. I know darn well the nfl wanted the jets to win that night at home.

Playing QB is about leading your team about leading them to points and making plays to help your team win games. Henne led them to 17 in the compeititve portion and din't make crucial plays down the stretch to keep them in it. Sanchez didn't make the plays to win it but he did make plays to keep them in it.

It would be 20(17 really if you take away the last FG) not 17(14).

Again, I am not crediting Mark for the comeback. he failed late which is unusual for him but he did keep us in the game.

Do you get a prize for going 77 yds and getting down to the 1? he and the O didn't finish the drive off.

Sanchez led two 80+ yd TD drives, Henne one.

you parse facts to befit your agendi..... Tony Romo lost a bunch of games coming in before his injury. He was on a roll.. but unfortunately it was all downhill. There was nothing in the Cowboys' 6-10 record to suggest they were gonna be a formidable opponent. Don't even attempt to glorify them.

However to your credit you haven't (at least yet) altered your "wins are more important than bad stats" Sanchez defense rap to point out Romo's decent-good stat lines while he was losing all those games to again selectively parse your nonsense.. The fact that in your typical passive aggressive manner, you're denigrating an outstanding performance by Henne by likening it to Sanchez's suckage instead of admitting your team once again stepped in undeserved **** and won despite tacoboy reveals you for the homer you truly are. In this thread, "the emperor has no clothes." It is what it is, Sorry

I'd be willing to bet Dallas ends up w/ a better record than Miami.

I realize you guys have really low standards but to call a performance where a QB leads a team to 17 pts in the competitive portion of the game(trailing by 21) "oustanding" is beyong comical. Was he good? Yep, did he looke MUCH better than last year? Absolutely, should dolphin fans have some excitment around this? no doubt but it wasn't great, it wasn't outstanding. he was ok which is much better than he was most of last year.

Yes, I agree that the officials should have stopped the clock, and they did lose 14 seconds. It was a tough call for them to make on that play as it looked like Sanchez knee might have been down. Regardless, they should have stopped the clock.

I don't think 14 seconds would have made a difference. Had Det ran the ball, the clock would have been down to 1:14. (if you count the time they lost on the TD) Going 80 yards with no timeouts with 1:14 on the clock is not likely. Even with the extra time, it took a penalty to get the Jets in FG range. I don't think those things happen because of the Jets. It is just stupid calls, and undisciplined football by the other team.

We would have had more time b/c the clock would have stopped at the 2 min warning on the last play. That bonehead incomplete pass just made up for the officials screw up.

If we don't get the penalty we still have more than enough time to get into chip shot range.

Good teams take advantage of lesser teams mistakes, it's nice to be on the right side of this for a change.

Listen, last 2 yrs jets had a better record than miami and so far this year too. But someone posted that we werent giving jets credit for wins when they were handed games like the dallas game. I give them credit for taking adantage of it but they need the luck of a terrible romo play to stay in the game then to take the lead in the game. Im referring to the fumble and then the int. Last yr, all det had to do was to run the ball but they had stafford thrown an incomplete pass to stop the clock which allowed the jets to get in fg range to win the game. I give the jets credit for moving into fg range and making the fg but anyone with half a brain knew if they just ran the ball or took a knee, the jets would have gotten the ball with 40 secs left and no time outs and they would have lost. Just find it odd that even coaches call the wrong plays in clutch time against the jets. On another note, I really would like to know how the jets were not called for one holding penalty all night? Not one penalty period all night. Meanwhile in preseason they were getting 10+ penalties plus per game. You may think im nuts but it was the 10 yr 9/11 memorials going on in nyc. I know darn well the nfl wanted the jets to win that night at home.

I don't buy into conspiracies, maybe we should have started holding b/c sanchez was under pressure all night long so if we were holding we weren't doing a good job of it.

We would have had more time b/c the clock would have stopped at the 2 min warning on the last play. That bonehead incomplete pass just made up for the officials screw up.

If we don't get the penalty we still have more than enough time to get into chip shot range.

Good teams take advantage of lesser teams mistakes, it's nice to be on the right side of this for a change.

No, the Det RB was not down until there was 2:26 left on the clock. Even with 14 extra seconds, they can still bring it to the 2 minute warning before the 3rd down play. Even if you take away N. Suh trying to kick an extra point and missing it, and Stafford getting injured up 10, that 1 call to pass instead of run gives the Jets the chance to win. Had they run, there is no way they have enough time to get in FG range.

No, the Det RB was not down until there was 2:26 left on the clock. Even with 14 extra seconds, they can still bring it to the 2 minute warning before the 3rd down play. Even if you take away N. Suh trying to kick an extra point and missing it, and Stafford getting injured up 10, that 1 call to pass instead of run gives the Jets the chance to win. Had they run, there is no way they have enough time to get in FG range.

I will have to review that tape, I am certain we would have had plenty of time had they not run off that time and had det run the ball on their last play. I don't recall the exact circumstances but I will check.

Here's Henne's drives:

First Drive: Excellent drive. 84 Yards, rush TD
Second Drive: 3 and out
Third Drive: 1 FD, punt
Fourth Drive: 3 and out
Fifth Drive: 1 FD, punt
Sixth Drive: Kneel down with just 2 seconds left in half. Not counting.
Sixth Drive: TD, but starts at NE 9.
Seventh Drive: 87 Yard Drive, FG.
Eighth Drive: 3 and out
Ninth Drive: 3 and out
Tenth Drive: 76 Yards, but ZERO points
Eleventh Drive: 74 Yards, TD
Twelfth Drive: 63 Yards, Int

Seems to me he got most of his yardage in garbage time (21 points down, 5:39 left in the game). 102 Yards to be precise (7/13, 1 int, 47.6 QB rating)!
The one drive that did count, he couldn't get a TD after getting a 1st and goal. Talk about how great he played, he couldn't score there to make it a 7 point game with almost 6 minutes left. Instead, he throws an incomplete on 4th and 1, and Brady hits Welker on the next play to make it a blow out game. It was a much closer game than the score suggests, but that incomplete fade route was just a bad throw.

Go check the tape. Det would have punted and jets would have had about 40 seconds to drive into fg range with no timeouts after the det punt. Do you want to talk about another game? How about den, with less than a minute left the refs called pass interfence on den 5yd when den cb's hand accidently hit holmes in helmet.. I dont care if it were miami or any other team, I would not call pass interference unless it was flagarant esp with less than 1 min left that allowed the team to win.

How about Cleve game? Ex jet fumbles in OT when it was a first down after his catch and run? they were in fg range at that point and would have gotten at least a little closer before attempting a fg. I will just repeat one thing "ex jet".

I will have to review that tape, I am certain we would have had plenty of time had they not run off that time and had det run the ball on their last play. I don't recall the exact circumstances but I will check.

Sanchez's Drives:

First Drive: 3 n out
Second Drive: 3 FD,46 Yards, punt
Third Drive: 3 n out
Fourth Drive: 3 n out
Fifth Drive: 87 Yards, 4 FDs, TD
Sixth Drive: 3 n out
Seventh Drive: 64 Yards, 3 FDs, FG
Eighth Drive: 1 FD, Int
Ninth Drive (score 24-10): 84 Yards, 3 FDs in a row, TD (24-17)
Tenth Drive: 51 Yards, 2 FDs, Fumble
Eleventh Drive: 1 FD, punt
Twelfth Drive: 2 Yards, FG (24-27)

Both QBs had FOUR 3 n outs. Both QBs had Two drives with one FD.
Both QBs had 5 drives of 45+ yards (Henne had two in garbage time, Sanchez had two while the game was on the line)

People keep talking about how Romo gave away the game to the Jets. If Sanchez doesn't lead that Ninth Drive listed above, the Jets lose the game. Im not saying Sanchez out played Henne. Henne had a heck of a game. But to those that keep saying Sanchez was terrible, he had similar stats to Henne (minus the garbage time stats against a prevent D).

Go check the tape. Det would have punted and jets would have had about 40 seconds to drive into fg range with no timeouts after the det punt. Do you want to talk about another game? How about den, with less than a minute left the refs called pass interfence on den 5yd when den cb's hand accidently hit holmes in helmet.. I dont care if it were miami or any other team, I would not call pass interference unless it was flagarant esp with less than 1 min left that allowed the team to win.

How about Cleve game? Ex jet fumbles in OT when it was a first down after his catch and run? they were in fg range at that point and would have gotten at least a little closer before attempting a fg. I will just repeat one thing "ex jet".

Again they allowed those extra seconds to run off after we scored. Looking at the play by play had they not allowed 15-16 secs to run off our 3rd timout would have been before 2:40(it was at 2:33) meaning the 3rd down play would have happened before the 2 min warning so we would have gotten the ball back w/ a similar amount of time left.

In denver Holmes facemask was pulled badly and he still almost caught the ball, if he wasn't interfered w/ he easily catches that pass and a couple of awful calls put us in a bad situation but we overcame them.

In Cle our K missed 3 kicks including a 24 yarder. You only seem to remember breaks that went for us not breaks that went against us.

I do not think den cb pulled his facemask badly, his hand hit it and got caught in it for a sec but he pulled it out without yanking. you guys won that game, just admit you caught a break. If that were a mia receiver i would have said we caught a break because if i were the ref there is no way i call that with the game on the line.

I dont care how many fgs your kicker missed, folk is known for that. Im talking about an ex jet fumbling ball in ot. Cle had no chance to make playoffs but jets playoff lives were on the line all year. Very easy to help out your old friends. im not saying that happened but it did cross my mind.

Again they allowed those extra seconds to run off after we scored. Looking at the play by play had they not allowed 15-16 secs to run off our 3rd timout would have been before 2:40(it was at 2:33) meaning the 3rd down play would have happened before the 2 min warning so we would have gotten the ball back w/ a similar amount of time left.

In denver Holmes facemask was pulled badly and he still almost caught the ball, if he wasn't interfered w/ he easily catches that pass and a couple of awful calls put us in a bad situation but we overcame them.

In Cle our K missed 3 kicks including a 24 yarder. You only seem to remember breaks that went for us not breaks that went against us.

I do not think den cb pulled his facemask badly, his hand hit it and got caught in it for a sec but he pulled it out without yanking. you guys won that game, just admit you caught a break. If that were a mia receiver i would have said we caught a break because if i were the ref there is no way i call that with the game on the line.

I dont care how many fgs your kicker missed, folk is known for that. Im talking about an ex jet fumbling ball in ot. Cle had no chance to make playoffs but jets playoff lives were on the line all year. Very easy to help out your old friends. im not saying that happened but it did cross my mind.

Seems like he did yank it, and let it go a the very last second to try and get the int. From the first pic, he looks back, sees the ball, realizes he's about to give up a big play, grabs Holmes' face mask, yanks it enough to throw him off balance, and then tries for the int.

Attachments

• Holmes PI.jpg
    Holmes PI.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 3

He turned his head w/ it so it was bad enough.

So you think a guy we traded wanted to give us the game? Cle had just whooped NO and NE the previous 2 games and a win over us would have made them 4-5 and put them in the race.

Henne got the ball into the end zone more than Sanchez did and turned the ball over only once (last garbage play of game) and Sanchez turned it over twice. (Should have been 3 if not for yet another dropped pick) I'm not getting how these games are even comparable, Henne played much bettter. Maybe he could have won if he got the game handed to him on a silver platter like sanchez did.

If i recall pats had 3 dropped picks since thats a stat with u guys. The endzone one, on a pass to bess and on another to marshall i believe

Henne got the ball into the end zone more than Sanchez did and turned the ball over only once (last garbage play of game) and Sanchez turned it over twice. (Should have been 3 if not for yet another dropped pick) I'm not getting how these games are even comparable, Henne played much bettter. Maybe he could have won if he got the game handed to him on a silver platter like sanchez did.

so the garbage time INT doesn't count but the garbage time TD does? How does that work exactly?

Back
Top Bottom