Sanchez-Henne-Fitz Watch | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sanchez-Henne-Fitz Watch

There was only 1 running play on that last drive after the Dallas turnover. The other 2 plays were passes that were incomplete. (1 almost being intercepted) The main point remains the same though.

Ah yes, thanks, corrected some things.

Henne got the ball into the end zone more than Sanchez did and turned the ball over only once (last garbage play of game) and Sanchez turned it over twice. (Should have been 3 if not for yet another dropped pick) I'm not getting how these games are even comparable, Henne played much bettter. Maybe he could have won if he got the game handed to him on a silver platter like sanchez did.

i counted at least 2 and i think 3 "should have been interceptions" that henne threw.

No, Romo threw an easy interception to Revis and all your offense had to do was run down the clock and kick a field goal, so your offense scored 17 points.

Don't come in here and talk about your team in a "Sanchez-Henne-Fitz Watch" thread, go find another thread to talk about that. Sanchez played bad sunday night and Romo and your special teams won that game.

gues we'll have to tak eback the score you guys got after brady threw that interception.

This is a sad and embarrassing thread for all three fan bases.

Pretty sure the author of the Henne-Sanchez-Fitz watch trolled the **** out of all of.

Bunch of grown men arguing over who is SECOND. Many of you should go work in the front office of these teams because you'd fit right in with those guys who just can't seem to win.

The Jets offense didn't keep them in the game, they couldn't get a drive going at all during the game, the Defense won the game for you.

The Fumble in the Goal line and the Blocked Punt turned the game, not the Offense.

Maybe it's just the Jets offense sucks?

The Patriots have a completely new defense and so you compare them to last year...nice.

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Jets fans were the same before Rex Ryan and are always like that when the Fins beat you.

Down 10-0, leads 87 yd TD drive to pull w/in 10-7 to end half.
Down 17-7, leads 64 yd drive for FG to pull w/in 17-10
Down 24-10, leads 84 yd drive for TD in less than 3 mins to get us back w/in a TD.

Other than that he and the O did nothing to keep us in that game.

So, an offense that moves the ball 2 yards and kicks a field goal, is better than an offense that goes 76 yards to the 1 and goes for it and does not make it? You agree that both the Dolphins and Jets scored 17 points in the competitive portion of the game, but you are also giving credit for the Jets moving the ball 2 yards on one of those scores. I think you are really reaching on this one.

The Dolphins offense played better than the Jets offense in week 1. It is not even debatable. It is just 1 game however and does not mean much.

Did you get points? You want a cookie for getting close? if you want to say it was 17-17 fine but our 17 helped win the game, your 17 had you 21 pts behind. Every game is different, some games you could score 30 and lose and others you could score 10 and win. It's about making plays to win and neither QB did that.

You don't get extra points for yds, your O did NOT play better than us. They played similar games.

Or maybe Miamis offense was just that good to make the Pats D look bad?

The Jets offense didn't keep them in the game, the Cowboys were cruising in the 4th quarter until the forced fumble and blocked punt, then came Romo and I think we all know what happens when romo gets the ball in the 4th quarter.

Well well, I guess it isn't all Fins fans now is it?

How do you make a D look bad scoring 17 pts in the competitive portion of the game?

I explained how the Jets O kept them in the game, read earlier in this post.

Jesus. How the hell can junc think Sanchez did anything good in crunch time is beyond me. How he thinks Sanchez played as well as Henne is beyond me. How he thinks Sanchez led his team to victory is even further beyond me. He was 4-10 for 56 yards when within 7. What a clutch player. If Romo doesn't go full retard, the Jets likely lose the game.

I didn't say he did, I didn't say Sanchez played very well. I said he was ok and unlike usual he did fail to come through late. The problem is Henne didn't step up late either so please explain to me how he was great?

Jets=won despite Sanchez
Dolphins=lost because the defense gave up 900 yards

Nobody said he was

The Jets did not win in spite of sanchez and Miami lost for many reasons, one of which was that your O couldn't answer the Pats O and your QB couldn't make plays down the stretch.

Idiotic post go figure. 4th quarter within 7. 4-10 56 yards, but this guy was a playmaker in the clutch on Sunday somehow. Henne was hurried 18 times and played better than Sanchez by far. I guess Sanchez is as good as Alex Smith, Grossman, Luke McCown, and Jason Campbell right? Admit to that last point, and I might give you a pat on the back for finally following your own logic.

down 31-17 in the 4th how many poitns did henne lead Miami to before garbage time?

ESPN just started using QBR this season. :crazy:

Sanchez "wins" more games because he plays on a team with much more talent than either Fitzpatrick or Henne do. His OL is much better. His D is much better. Last season Sanchez had much better receivers.

Sanchez had an INT and a fumble, and it was his teammates who won the game for the Jests not Sanchez. He fouled up and he didn't contribute much to the win. That's why his QBR is so low.

I can't speak about Henne but if Fitzpatrick played on the Jests and Sanchez played on the Bills, Fitz would have even better stats and Sanchez would be considered a bust. Sanchez has NOT been that impressive given the talent around him, and that's especially true compared to the talent around either Fitz or Henne.

I understand that but they debuted this info months ago and it showed Sanchez being much better than Henne last year yet no one wanted to discuss it. The bottom line is it is another stat, stats only tell part of the story. It's hard to take a stat seriously that has McNabb and his 30 pass yds ahead of sanchez who led a few great drives for us to keep us in the game.

Sanchez wins more games b/c he is on a better team(though on this board I always hear how Miami is better everywhere) and b/c he makes plays to win games unlike Fitz last year in all those close games and unlike Henne.

if Fitz was on the Jets he may put up better #s but we wouldn't win as much. Fitz has nevr played in a big game in this league, it's a different beast not only playing in big games but doing so under the NY spotlight.

Junc you are officially pissing me off. I usually put up with your crap and every once in a while give you credit when you say something reasonable.....but now you are just being stupid. For the love of god just admit than Henne had a much better game than Sanchez. It doesnt matter if you are talking about Qb rating, QBR rating, watching the game, whatever......It is very clear to everyone in the world that Henne was far better. Quit being a Jackass

I don't admit things that aren't true, sorry about that. I am not going to rave about a QB who led his team to 17 pts in the competitive portion of the game and trailing by 21. I think both Henne and Sanchez were ok, nothing more.

Blind homers aren't able to acknowledge when someone has a better performance than someone on their own team just like they aren't able to acknowledge their team isn't perfect in every facet of the game.

You would know what a blind homer looks like.

First of all, Henne had one in the endzone cuz of miscommunication with Marshall, but it wasn't nearly as egrigious as Sanchez's. Plus Sanchez fumbled twice because he's a little *****.
Diving, nearly impossible catch? What the hell are u talking about? The ball hit the idiot in the hands, any non retarded corner picks that ball off. The headline of the game should have been "JETS GET HANDED GAME BUT SANCHEZ IMMEDIATELY RETURNS THE FAVOR IN THE BATTLE FOR WHO WANTS IT LESS"

and the excuses begin. Mason didn't fall on that "dropped INT"?

He was diving forward, it would have been an amazing catch, this was not a "dropped INT". This is where that stat loses steam, just b/c a defensive player gets his hands on a ball does not mean he should catch it.

:lol: You guys are funny. The only points Sanchez put on the board in the 4th quarter (and should get credit for) was when the team was down 14 points and most of Dallas' secondary was injured and not on the field. That was one drive at the very beginning of the 4th. Sanchez had 2 opportunities after that to tie the game, but could not. The defense (or Romo) gave the offense the ball on the Dallas 34. Greene gains 2 yards, but Sanchez gets the credit for being clutch? :lol2:

Sanchez has made some clutch plays in the past, but to try and give him credit for the win against Dallas is laughable.

Neither QB was clutch the other night but in the 4th when Sanchez had a chance to cut a 14 pt lead to 7 he did it while henne w/ the same opporunity failed.

To review b/c I am sure you guys are interpreting my posts rather than reading.

Fitz played a really good game

henne played ok

Sanchez played ok

Nowhere was henne insulted but if you think he played great then you have no idea what great QB play looks like. He played well enough to give you guys hope but 17 pts in the competitive portion of the game will not cut it most weeks especially against a high powered O like NE has.

gues we'll have to tak eback the score you guys got after brady threw that interception.

If we kicked a field goal, I would agree. A QB throwing a 10 yard TD after a turnover is much different than the QB throwing 2 incomplete passes (RB running 2 yards) and kicking a FG. Especially, when the offense was already in long FG range after the TO. Seeing how well Folk kicked it, those 2 yards meant nothing.

If you guys want to give the offense credit for that, you might as well argue that the offense should get credit for the blocked punt. Sanchez did fumble the ball right before that, giving Dallas possession. And the Jets offense was standing real close to the sidelines when the block punt happened. :lol:

Neither QB was clutch the other night but in the 4th when Sanchez had a chance to cut a 14 pt lead to 7 he did it while henne w/ the same opporunity failed.

To review b/c I am sure you guys are interpreting my posts rather than reading.

Fitz played a really good game

henne played ok

Sanchez played ok

Nowhere was henne insulted but if you think he played great then you have no idea what great QB play looks like. He played well enough to give you guys hope but 17 pts in the competitive portion of the game will not cut it most weeks especially against a high powered O like NE has.

If a QB can have 475 total yards and 3 TDs, I call that a great day for that QB. You give Sanchez a lot of credit for 1 drive early in the 4th (when several Dallas corners were out) down 14. What about the rest of the game? He did nothing to help the team out which was still down 7. I don't care if you want to call Henne's performance just ok, but you can't put Sanchez on that same level in week 1 when it was the D and ST that won the game.

Did you get points? You want a cookie for getting close? if you want to say it was 17-17 fine but our 17 helped win the game, your 17 had you 21 pts behind. Every game is different, some games you could score 30 and lose and others you could score 10 and win. It's about making plays to win and neither QB did that.

You don't get extra points for yds, your O did NOT play better than us. They played similar games.

We are comparing the offense right? 17 points (14 really) helped the Jets win the game becasue of the ST and D. The win does not change how the offense performed.

Forget the fact that the Dolphins drove 77 yards to the 1 and went for it on 4th down and failed. Forget the garbage time TD. Just compare the 17 points that you agree the Dolphins should get credit for against the Jets 17 points.

The Dolphins drove 80+ yards and ended up kicking a FG, the Jets went 2 yards when they were already in range.

If we kicked a field goal, I would agree. A QB throwing a 10 yard TD after a turnover is much different than the QB throwing 2 incomplete passes (RB running 2 yards) and kicking a FG. Especially, when the offense was already in long FG range after the TO. Seeing how well Folk kicked it, those 2 yards meant nothing.

If you guys want to give the offense credit for that, you might as well argue that the offense should get credit for the blocked punt. Sanchez did fumble the ball right before that, giving Dallas possession. And the Jets offense was standing real close to the sidelines when the block punt happened. :lol:

If a QB can have 475 total yards and 3 TDs, I call that a great day for that QB. You give Sanchez a lot of credit for 1 drive early in the 4th (when several Dallas corners were out) down 14. What about the rest of the game? He did nothing to help the team out which was still down 7. I don't care if you want to call Henne's performance just ok, but you can't put Sanchez on that same level in week 1 when it was the D and ST that won the game.

We are comparing the offense right? 17 points (14 really) helped the Jets win the game becasue of the ST and D. The win does not change how the offense performed.

Forget the fact that the Dolphins drove 77 yards to the 1 and went for it on 4th down and failed. Forget the garbage time TD. Just compare the 17 points that you agree the Dolphins should get credit for against the Jets 17 points.

The Dolphins drove 80+ yards and ended up kicking a FG, the Jets went 2 yards when they were already in range.

Playing QB is about leading your team about leading them to points and making plays to help your team win games. Henne led them to 17 in the compeititve portion and din't make crucial plays down the stretch to keep them in it. Sanchez didn't make the plays to win it but he did make plays to keep them in it.

It would be 20(17 really if you take away the last FG) not 17(14).

Again, I am not crediting Mark for the comeback. he failed late which is unusual for him but he did keep us in the game.

Do you get a prize for going 77 yds and getting down to the 1? he and the O didn't finish the drive off.

Sanchez led two 80+ yd TD drives, Henne one.

Playing QB is about leading your team about leading them to points and making plays to help your team win games. Henne led them to 17 in the compeititve portion and din't make crucial plays down the stretch to keep them in it. Sanchez didn't make the plays to win it but he did make plays to keep them in it.

It would be 20(17 really if you take away the last FG) not 17(14).

Again, I am not crediting Mark for the comeback. he failed late which is unusual for him but he did keep us in the game.

Do you get a prize for going 77 yds and getting down to the 1? he and the O didn't finish the drive off.

Sanchez led two 80+ yd TD drives, Henne one.

I forgot about that FG in the 3rd. Even so, I still don't think the Jets offense played as well as the Dolphins in week 1. Both teams have things they need to work on. The Jets offense needs to get better, as I don't think the Jets will get another team this year that will implode like Dallas did. The Dolphins defense really needs to improve. I think both will do so, and hopefully have an exciting week 17 matchup.

I forgot about that FG in the 3rd. Even so, I still don't think the Jets offense played as well as the Dolphins in week 1. Both teams have things they need to work on. The Jets offense needs to get better, as I don't think the Jets will get another team this year that will implode like Dallas did. The Dolphins defense really needs to improve. I think both will do so, and hopefully have an exciting week 17 matchup.

Isn't it amazing how many teams implode when playing us? Do you think it has anything to do w/ our team keeping pressure on the other team and our team being comfortbale playing from behind late in games?Does our team get any credit?

We played what should be a better defense and we scored more points in the competitive portion of the game. At worst our Os were very similar, not bad but not great either.

Isn't it amazing how many teams implode when playing us? Do you think it has anything to do w/ our team keeping pressure on the other team and our team being comfortbale playing from behind late in games?Does our team get any credit?

It really is amazing! I think a lot of teams would be comfortable playing from behind if they knew how poorly / stupid the other team would play with a lead. I give the Jets credit for making the plays to win, but without the help of poor play calling and crazy things happening, they would not even have the chance to do so. I have already given you the examples with the Cowboys

How about the Detroit game last year. N. Suh trying to kick an extra point and missing it, making it just a 3 point game instead of 4. Stafford getting injured up 10. The worst was when the Lions on 3rd and 6 (up 3 points) threw the ball with the backup Qb with only 1:56 left in the game. They could have run the clock down to 1:00 with a 3 point lead. After that the Lions player makes a dumb play and hits LT out of bounds for an unnecessary roughness penalty that puts the Jets in FG range for the score that ties the game. I give the Jets credit for winning in OT (like I give them credit for hitting the 50yd FG against Dallas) but if the other team played it a little smarter, the Jets don't get the opportunity to do so.

I'm not saying that the Jets get lucky every time they win. They are a good football team that is capable of winning games. I am just saying that there have been several games that the Jets won becasue of the other teams stupid plays / decisions, not because they played well.

In this thread, Jets fans licking Sanchez's testicles...

We played what should be a better defense and we scored more points in the competitive portion of the game. At worst our Os were very similar, not bad but not great either.

Stripping out all the spinning, simply put, you got gifted yet more charity by a 6-10 team and a QB who lost 6 out of his last 7 games -who was coming off an injury at that.

It really is amazing! I think a lot of teams would be comfortable playing from behind if they knew how poorly / stupid the other team would play with a lead. I give the Jets credit for making the plays to win, but without the help of poor play calling and crazy things happening, they would not even have the chance to do so. I have already given you the examples with the Cowboys

How about the Detroit game last year. N. Suh trying to kick an extra point and missing it, making it just a 3 point game instead of 4. Stafford getting injured up 10. The worst was when the Lions on 3rd and 6 (up 3 points) threw the ball with the backup Qb with only 1:56 left in the game. They could have run the clock down to 1:00 with a 3 point lead. After that the Lions player makes a dumb play and hits LT out of bounds for an unnecessary roughness penalty that puts the Jets in FG range for the score that ties the game. I give the Jets credit for winning in OT (like I give them credit for hitting the 50yd FG against Dallas) but if the other team played it a little smarter, the Jets don't get the opportunity to do so.

I'm not saying that the Jets get lucky every time they win. They are a good football team that is capable of winning games. I am just saying that there have been several games that the Jets won becasue of the other teams stupid plays / decisions, not because they played well.

That Detroit timeout never should have been necessary, after we scored to make it a 3 pt game they allowed the clock to keep running. I believe we lost 15-20 secs.

We keep bringing pressure to other teams, it forces mistakes. Not long ago we used to be the mentally fragile team that allowed opponents to use their will over us but those days are over.

Stripping out all the spinning, simply put, you got gifted yet more charity by a 6-10 team and a QB who lost 6 out of his last 7 games -who was coming off an injury at that.

what does their reocrd las year have to do w/ anything? I guess you are playing a 6-10 team this week so you should win comfortably, right?

No one spins more than you, I present facts to those who lack basic football knowledge and think just b/c a guy throws for a ton of yards it means he had a great game.

Back
Top Bottom