say it ain't so, Danny? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

say it ain't so, Danny?

This is sad to hear, it just shows no matter what the reputation unless you actually know these guys you really don't know them. Dan had a great reputation and this soils it. I hated facing him but I admired everything about marino on and off the filed, now it's just on the field.

I know Marino is revered around here as a messianic legend, but the man is an ahole. I have heard several stories of fans and other people meeting him and being treated like trash by him.

To have an affair that results in a love child and cover it up is a scumbag move. Especially considering the family he has, and the struggles he and his wife had with an autistic child. This is a major betrayal to highly supportive wife.

I know Marino is revered around here as a messianic legend, but the man is an ahole. I have heard several stories of fans and other people meeting him and being treated like trash by him.

To have an affair that results in a love child and cover it up is a scumbag move. Especially considering the family he has, and the struggles he and his wife had with an autistic child. This is a major betrayal to highly supportive wife.
It would be more scumbag if his wife didn't know about it. The fact that his him and his wife decided to work through their marital issues inspite of this "love child" tells me Dan isn't above the everyday problems normal people face in the game of life and marriage. Doesn't make it right, but I guess it gives people on message boards, the news and the water cooler something to talk about. Fact is, this happens every day to a lot of people. I have also heard he can be a real jerk . . . but that isn't the issue here and I don't know the man personally so I can't comment on that.

It would be more scumbag if his wife didn't know about it. The fact that his him and his wife decided to work through their marital issues inspite of this "love child" tells me Dan isn't above the everyday problems normal people face in the game of life and marriage. Doesn't make it right, but I guess it gives people on message boards, the news and the water cooler something to talk about. Fact is, this happens every day to a lot of people. I have also heard he can be a real jerk . . . but that isn't the issue here and I don't know the man personally so I can't comment on that.

There is also the issue of the little girl. Its good that she is being supported financially, but it seems like her father (Marino) is not in her life at all.

I wish guys would think with the right head, because dick-thinking leaves a lot of hurting people out there in the world.

just goes to show you , when we put people on a pedestal , some can handle it, and some forget their obligations to their Family and do stupid things. So do we pat him on the back and say that ok for you to cheat , Lie to his Family. Just as other future men that are going in the Hall, , Drug Use, Dog Killing , Rape, Murder cover up, < lets not forget we are all Human. we Do Make mistakes. I hope he can keep his Family , but I am Disappointed in him.

It can't be said any better than this.

Of course I was shocked when I heard it, but honestly, it changes nothing for me. He was my one and only sports hero and that's not going to change because neither my childhood or my memories have been changed. If his wife has forgiven him then far be it from me to hold this against him. I couldn't care less.

I do echo the sentiment that Dan should be a lot more careful re. birth control. A vasectomy wouldn't have been a bad idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing new........................... not like we all didnt do it....But used protection. Danny just thought he could pull out the car out the garage in time.................Dam danny whats the matter with you.....................You should be a player........you should be used to these things.

Did he have a son with this chick? If so, maybe in a few years we can field a team of all bastard children starting with Ahnuld's kid and now this one. 3 to go to start an NBA team!

There is also the issue of the little girl. Its good that she is being supported financially, but it seems like her father (Marino) is not in her life at all.

I wish guys would think with the right head, because dick-thinking leaves a lot of hurting people out there in the world.

It always amazes me to think about what kids like this will face in their lives as they get older. Dan Marino is one of the most famous QBs in the history of the league so imagine what this kid will go through. "Who's your dad?" "Uh, Dan Marino".

:snack:

That's a bad job out of him. You just never know what goes on off the field with these guys.

Well guys, we all know men have an incredible urge to f***, and when you're a celebrity and its thrown in your face constantly, what are you gonna do? Society needs to be way more understanding of the male sex drive. They are in other countries, but America still has the ridiculous Puritan strain.

Well guys, we all know men have an incredible urge to f***, and when you're a celebrity and its thrown in your face constantly, what are you gonna do? Society needs to be way more understanding of the male sex drive. They are in other countries, but America still has the ridiculous Puritan strain.

Hey, if a guy wants to eff everything under the sun, more power to them. But if you are going to get married and claim to be devoted to your wife and the mother of your children, then play by the rules and resist your urges. You know, it is possible not to ACT on these urges. To pull a cliche, you can't have your cake and eat it too, unless this is a mutual understanding.

But seriously, if you want to go be a man and bang random women all over, be single. Otherwise, it's a betrayal of trust that affects the whole family, not just the spouse. I think that's what gets me most, how this kind of thing can destroy the family structure and seriously impair their children's lives.

Hey, if a guy wants to eff everything under the sun, more power to them. But if you are going to get married and claim to be devoted to your wife and the mother of your children, then play by the rules and resist your urges. You know, it is possible not to ACT on these urges. To pull a cliche, you can't have your cake and eat it too, unless this is a mutual understanding.

But seriously, if you want to go be a man and bang random women all over, be single. Otherwise, it's a betrayal of trust that affects the whole family, not just the spouse. I think that's what gets me most, how this kind of thing can destroy the family structure and seriously impair their children's lives.

Well, I don't think he "banged random women all over". Look I see your point. I just don't think this means Dan has bad character, and it shouldn't tarnish his rep, although it will. Guys just aren't meant to be w one woman his whole life, it's unnatural.

If you were a big time celebrity, and a good family man, but had women throwing themselves at you left and right, you sayin you wouldn't slip? It happens. It should also be noted that Dan took care of the woman and child, as he should. He's a good man who simply wanted a piece of strange. Doesn't mean he is of low character. But for the simpletons in America, the media has to put everything as black or white. No in between. I wouldn't even be surprised if CBS fired him.

LOL @ Rationalizing cheating on your wife of 20+ years and his selfishness.

If Marino had an incredible urge to ****, then he should go **** his wife.

This is nothing more than a man being a dog.

Back
Top Bottom