Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Schefter: Tannehill may not be the answer for Dolphins

Answer me one question about Adam Schefter.

Has he ever played QB in the NFL?

No? He is dismissed. Give me Trent Dilfer's opinion, it's valid.

Is Dilfer's opinion of Mark Sanchez valid?

You guys are so selective with the "well so and so said" argument.

Man, you guys are rough, Tannehill is just a rookie and we have a very marginal WR corp at best, I would love to see better but I still think we should hold off on some of the get rid of him stuff

i am sure you know what shula said about tannehill?

Nope, haven't really been paying close attention.

I just think it's weird that someone would say that you should discount a man's opinion simply because he never played the position in the NFL. I don't discount Schefter's opinion, even if I don't necessarily agree with it.

I just don't understand how everyone looks for an excuse to cover/justify their argument. Whatever happened with holding a player accountable? You guys make it sound if we bring in stars, future hall of famers, then Tannehill will excel, well who wouldn't? Right now he's not playing to the level of a #1 pick. As for Sanchez, I need to worry about what is going on in my own backyard let alone with something in NY, plus they had a Miami Hurricane go up there and caused them all sorts of turmoil.

-ucfpf13

It is because everyone would rather win the argument than come to the correct conclusion.

Don Shula never played QB in the NFL. Would you instantly dismiss his opinion? How about Tony Dungy's? Bill Belichick's?

OK let me revise that.

Has Adam Schefter ever played QB, or COACHED in the NFL?

No?

Dismissed.

How's that?

I just don't understand how everyone looks for an excuse to cover/justify their argument. Whatever happened with holding a player accountable? You guys make it sound if we bring in stars, future hall of famers, then Tannehill will excel, well who wouldn't? Right now he's not playing to the level of a #1 pick.
-ucfpf13

Simple concept that many are ignoring.

i could care less what shefter thinks about any players on field performance...the only thing that guy brings of value is he breaks news...everything else i guess is for twitter followers and a waste of time...

i wouldn't care if he was saying it about tom brady or aaron rodgers...sheft has proven to me thru the years the one thing he's good for is breaking news and scoop...and that's all...

are you seriously trying to tell me that tannehill and blaine gabbert have shown about the same as rookie qbs??? seriously??? i cannot take you seriously if that's the case...gabbert was hot garbage as a rookie...scared to death of contact...played the position like a girl

tannehills teammates respect him...gabberts can't wait for him to go away

And I can't take you seriously if you think that in any shape or form regardless of Rookie or not, Tanny is having anything other than a bad season. He's performing like you would have expected him to coming out of college, the odd highlight reel (too few and far between) interspersed by some good and a lot of bad.

Gabbert was plain awful on an awful team last year, Tanny has been a bit better but not by an awful lot.

The rookie salary cap makes cutting ties with a missed first rounder more feasible, you kind of argued that against yourself. But like I said they have to believe that Tanny is not gonna reach his potential for it to make any sense and if they do the sooner they do it the better. I'm not convinced any within the organization has given up on him. Personally I never believed in him to begin with, I was willing to give him a chance though, and totally on the fence as to whether he's our future or not.

OK let me revise that.

Has Adam Schefter ever played QB, or COACHED in the NFL?

No?

Dismissed.

How's that?

So really this forum should be closed down because according to you no one on here has the right to air their views. Don't care where the source comes from, it's the substance of the point that determines if it's worth debating.

So really this forum should be closed down because according to you no one on here has the right to air their views. Don't care where the source comes from, it's the substance of the point that determines if it's worth debating.

As many do on here, you are missing the point.

I said COMPARED to Trent Dilfer's comments, I will chose to dismiss Adam Schefter's. Trent Dilfer has played the QB position and won a superbowl. Therefore I feel that he is far more qualified to remark on what a successful QB is. Not some guy who never played the game at that level and who sits behind a desk typing on a computer.

Is that easier to understand?

I said COMPARED to Trent Dilfer's comments, I will chose to dismiss Adam Schefter's. Trent Dilfer has played the QB position and won a superbowl. Therefore I feel that he is far more qualified to remark on what a successful QB is. Not some guy who never played the game at that level and who sits behind a desk typing on a computer.

Schefter is one of the best at breaking news and stories that happen in the NFL. He is a great reporter. I have 0 respect for him as an analyst as these are two completely different skill sets.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2010/11/08/trent-dilfer-is-really-bullish-on-mark-sanchez/

Back
Top Bottom