SI: NFL power rankings. Guess who's number 1? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI: NFL power rankings. Guess who's number 1?

We're #1:D

PerpetualToiletPaperTrophy-1.jpg

:lol:

Congrats, your team is SI's pre-season champs. :D

Don Banks needs to end his career as a "sports writer" and move onto something he may be more suited for , like comedian.However I don't think he'd do very well at that either , maybe something on the lines of Taco Bell or Micky Ds is more like it. To have the Jets ahead of teams like the Saints, Colts, Vikings, and Packers has to certainly be a joke, but in my opinion not a very funny one. Also sportsillustrated has become more of a joke lately , with these hacks they have working for them. Maybe they should just concentrate on the swimsuit stuff and leave sports up to the real professionals.

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2: The Jets should be good this year, but the Jets did not do anything last year or in the off-season to realistically make anyone think they will be top 10 (let along #1), or that they will be better then the Pats or Dolphins this year.

The maturation of Sanchez
Shonn Greene being our primary back
Santonio Holmes
Braylon for 16 games
The emergence of keller
The return of Jenkins
adding a pass rusher
asdding the threat of a pass catcher out of the backfield
bolstering the DBs

We've done plenty to be considered a favorite

LOL. the only time poor Junc will ever have his day in the sun. live it up buddy.... live it up.

I've been here since 2004 and outside of '08 I've pretty much had the upper hand here.

Santonio Holmes
Braylon for 16 games
The emergence of keller
The return of Jenkins
adding a pass rusher
bolstering the DBs

I've been here since 2004 and outside of '08 I've pretty much had the upper hand here.

Dude you use a lot of ifs in your assessment. How do you know all of this is going to happen.
How do you know Sanchez wont collapse
How do you know keller will emerge
What pass rusher? If you say JT I'm going to laugh so hard at you!!!!!!!!!

Santonio Holmes
Braylon for 16 games
The emergence of keller
The return of Jenkins
adding a pass rusher
bolstering the DBs

Not sure what this means

Dude you use a lot of ifs in your assessment. How do you know all of this is going to happen.
How do you know Sanchez wont collapse
How do you know keller will emerge
What pass rusher? If you say JT I'm going to laugh so hard at you!!!!!!!!!

He didn't collpase under postseason pressure so I feel pretty good about him.

Keller has already emerged, he and Sanchez were a very good duo in postseason.

Taylor can still rush the passer and in our D he will only be rushing the passer. I bet he has double digit sacks.

Not sure what this means

It means my team has been better pretty much every year. Only '05 and '08 has Miami been better and we split games in both of those years.

Since I have been here:

Jets 8-4 against Miami
Jets 3 playoff apps, Miami 1
Jets 3 playoff wins, Miami 0

Santonio Holmes
Braylon for 16 games
The emergence of keller
The return of Jenkins
adding a pass rusher
bolstering the DBs

The maturation of Sanchez.............Still has not shown he has matured.

Shonn Greene being our primary back....Which is a big question mark for a 2nd year that has yet to start an entire year.

Santonio Holmes.............After he comes back from his suspention, he and his 1 above average year will do wonders as your #1.

Braylon for 16 games.......Braylon dropping crucial passes for 16 games.

The emergence of keller......When Sanchez finds him, and is not being sacked from his blindside.

The return of Jenkins..........At the point he is going, will he be able to walk out there, or roll out there.

adding a pass rusher..........That is in the downslide of his career, and may not make it past 5 games if he's out there too long.

asdding the threat of a pass catcher out of the backfield....Who can't run much anymore, so his biggest threat is pass-catching.

bolstering the DBs.....With more question marks.

Yup, your team is loaded. :up:

There's a difference between having a high ceiling and being a favorite. I think the Jets would be the only team in the NFL that could go 6-10 or 14-2 and noone would be surprised.

Also, I'll take the bet on Taylor getting double digit sacks, especially going up against the fins and pats o-lines 4 times.

Sports Illustrated should stick to what it does best ... Photos.

Has anyone here heard that some children feed off of negative attention? That kid in this case is NY Junk.......So please don`t feed the bears and they just might go away.

Let them be number 1. Its whether they will be at the end of the season that counts.

the jets still dont have a QB that can play, sanchez is all hype, mark my words he is rex grossman, he will be out of the game in less then three years time

lol, if you play the new madden demo the jets r in it and the announcers talk about how bad sanchez was last year and how the jets were almost last in pass attempts n sanchez will threw all those pics

Back
Top Bottom