SI: NFL power rankings. Guess who's number 1? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SI: NFL power rankings. Guess who's number 1?

I may be bias but why should the jets be top ten, cause they made the afc championship game? Remember they were a 7-7 team that had cinn and indy lay down for them.. and i see in another thread they are now interested in T.O. good he'll be the final firecracker that blows that team/locker room right out of the water..

I know they are overrated, but they do have a top D, a strong O-line, and powerful running game. To say they are not a top 10 team is foolish, but they are not a top 5 team.

We're #1:D

PerpetualToiletPaperTrophy-1.jpg

:sidelol: bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

The maturation of Sanchez.............Still has not shown he has matured.

Shonn Greene being our primary back....Which is a big question mark for a 2nd year that has yet to start an entire year.

Santonio Holmes.............After he comes back from his suspention, he and his 1 above average year will do wonders as your #1.

Braylon for 16 games.......Braylon dropping crucial passes for 16 games.

The emergence of keller......When Sanchez finds him, and is not being sacked from his blindside.

The return of Jenkins..........At the point he is going, will he be able to walk out there, or roll out there.

adding a pass rusher..........That is in the downslide of his career, and may not make it past 5 games if he's out there too long.

asdding the threat of a pass catcher out of the backfield....Who can't run much anymore, so his biggest threat is pass-catching.

bolstering the DBs.....With more question marks.

Yup, your team is loaded. :up:

I could do the same thing for you guys. Just take every postive and put a negative spin on it. It's not that difficult but there is a reason we are considered one of the favorites in the AFC. I know as a rival fan it's hard to give credit to us but I look forward to your excuses if we do have a great year.

the jets still dont have a QB that can play, sanchez is all hype, mark my words he is rex grossman, he will be out of the game in less then three years time

:lol2::lol2: We all aren't lucky enough to have a Chad Henne:lol:

Let me END this thread. It's SI. Anybody remember this awesome prediction?!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/preview/2006/scout.report/index.html

2006 we get C-Pep and they pick us to make the Superbowl!

More like 6-10! :(

You're welcome. Enjoy your paper Superbowl JESTS!

First off all predictions mean nothing.

W/ that said that prediction was not Don Banks' prediction who made up these power rankings.

Lastly, Our team actually won 2 playof games last year. Your team heading into '06 hadn't even been a playoff team and brought in a loser QB who always choked in big spots. In one postseason sanchez already has equalled Daunte's posteason win total.

It means my team has been better pretty much every year. Only '05 and '08 has Miami been better and we split games in both of those years.

Since I have been here:

Jets 8-4 against Miami
Jets 3 playoff apps, Miami 1
Jets 3 playoff wins, Miami 0

cant argue with that.

For Jets fan you better HOPE that they live up to the hype, if not it will be a VERY long season indeed for the Gang Green.......

As long as the team continues to improve I will be very happy. We have a second year HC/QB combo. It's not Super Bowl or bust or anything like that. The media might push that stuff but nobody can do anything about that.

I could do the same thing for you guys. Just take every postive and put a negative spin on it. It's not that difficult but there is a reason we are considered one of the favorites in the AFC. I know as a rival fan it's hard to give credit to us but I look forward to your excuses if we do have a great year.

Of course you could, but Miami is not the team that is being overrated, are they? Look, your team has good talent, and has as good a chance to win the AFC east, as the Pats and the Dolphins, but there is NOTHING that shows them getting better from last year when they needed and got help to get in the playoffs.

Miami had problems with the defense last year, so they went out and got a better coordinator, drafted only on defense, and got a top 5 Receiver to help their young QB.

If Miami had been the team mentioned as the #1 team, you would probably be setting records on most posts in 24 hours, to make sure everyone knew, Miami at #1 is insane....well guess what, Jets at #1 is Insane and laughable. :sidelol:

Of course you could, but Miami is not the team that is being overrated, are they? Look, your team has good talent, and has as good a chance to win the AFC east, as the Pats and the Dolphins, but there is NOTHING that shows them getting better from last year when they needed and got help to get in the playoffs.

Miami had problems with the defense last year, so they went out and got a better coordinator, drafted only on defense, and got a top 5 Receiver to help their young QB.

If Miami had been the team mentioned as the #1 team, you would probably be setting records on most posts in 24 hours, to make sure everyone knew, Miami at #1 is insane....well guess what, Jets at #1 is Insane and laughable. :sidelol:

I gave you 5-6 things that we improved upon on paper. It's your biased opinion that we got worse and you got better.

Your DC is a middle of the pack DC
Those draft picks may or may not turn out to be good
You got a great possession WR

I couldn't care less where the Jets or Miami are picked. I think we deserve to be higher than Miami based on last season but that doesn't mean we will be better. We were one of the last 4 teams playing last year so #1 isn't that big of a stretch. If you guys had our talent and CS you'd be talking 14-2, 15-1.

Rex Ryan probably threatened to eat the writers children if he didn't put the Jets at #1.

Wow, a fat joke, how original. The fact is that somebody's pre season ranking doesn't mean anything. I've been a fan long enough to know that my boys are more than capable of imploding. I do find it amusing how upset dollfans are about something they say doesn't matter.

I don't see this as something to brag about from a Jets fans perspective. Banks is obviously taking a veiled shot at the Jets, so as to say there's no way they live up to the hype so why not just go all out with it.

So yeah, screw Banks. :up:

Back
Top Bottom