Sign Rolando McClain? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Rolando McClain?

Nooooooooooo to McLain. Wasn't that Bruce Willis' name in Die Hard?....I would rather Bruce suit up at Linebacker than Rolando.

Out of curiosity what are you basing this off of? The limited facts released by the media pertaining to the situation?

Yes. Not saying I know he murdered him but Im not convinced he didnt.

In the case of Wilson there is a difference between flat out murder and what transpired. Yeah a guy ended up dead but the guy that ended up dead is the one who pulled the gun. Let me tell ya something brother if you pull a gun on me I automatically go into a new mode, a mode that says if this ****er has the balls to pull it, he has the balls to use it so I must defend myself accordingly.

Before you say I have no experience on the matter, let me tell ya, I've been involved in two fights where a gun was pulled on me. I was lucky both times to have come out without harm, the other guy, not so much. You either pull it and shoot me or you get beat down without haste or remorse because I'm fighting for my life at that point and I'll do ANYTHING to protect myself and the people around me.

Am I proud that I put myself into those situations, no. I am proud I came out on top both times, you bet ya.

Maybe he never pans out..... or maybe getting cut from his team and leaving the black hole (raiders) will wake him up a bit.

He's only 23 yrs old, man. He's still a kid. I'm just hoping Belichick doesn't get a hold of him and gets the best out of him and makes him the next Ray Lewis.

Would def love to see the guy get a chance down here. What do we have to lose?

Maybe teh ravens take a chance and make him teh next Ray Lewis

In the case of Wilson there is a difference between flat out murder and what transpired. Yeah a guy ended up dead but the guy that ended up dead is the one who pulled the gun. Let me tell ya something brother if you pull a gun on me I automatically go into a new mode, a mode that says if this ****er has the balls to pull it, he has the balls to use it so I must defend myself accordingly.

Before you say I have no experience on the matter, let me tell ya, I've been involved in two fights where a gun was pulled on me. I was lucky both times to have come out without harm, the other guy, not so much. You either pull it and shoot me or you get beat down without haste or remorse because I'm fighting for my life at that point and I'll do ANYTHING to protect myself and the people around me.

Am I proud that I put myself into those situations, no. I am proud I came out on top both times, you bet ya.

Oh I totally agree with that. No argument from me there. I thought there was some controversy over whether he actually acted in self defense though?

Oh I totally agree with that. No argument from me there. I thought there was some controversy over whether he actually acted in self defense though?

The controversy was that they convicted him for murder or manslaughter or whatever and that isn't exactly what happened.

Maybe teh ravens take a chance and make him teh next Ray Lewis

The Ravens make the most sense to me. They run a 3-4 defense, which is what he thrived in at Alabama. Ray has one year left & to be around him to mature then take over for Ray would be good for him. Baltimore also has two of his former defensive mates in Courtney Upshaw & Terrance Cody on the roster (though Cody may be cut next training camp).

This is me getting all attorney on you but let me ask, are you going into the situation thinking "I need to be convinced that it was self defense" or are you coming in thinking "I need to be convinced it was murder" ? Our justice system asks that you view it from the latter, not the former.

There's controversy between the facts presented and the defense raised, simply because you have an affirmative defense. It's a difficult line. It's one of those things that people, when they hear a slanted version of the facts, say to themselves "How could they defend this guy/let this guy go?! He's clearly a killer"

The controversy was that they convicted him for murder or manslaughter or whatever and that isn't exactly what happened.

Wait, they convicted him? I thought he was just in jail because he couldnt post bond or whatever.

This is me getting all attorney on you but let me ask, are you going into the situation thinking "I need to be convinced that it was self defense" or are you coming in thinking "I need to be convinced it was murder" ? Our justice system asks that you view it from the latter, not the former.

There's controversy between the facts presented and the defense raised, simply because you have an affirmative defense. It's a difficult line. It's one of those things that people, when they hear a slanted version of the facts, say to themselves "How could they defend this guy/let this guy go?! He's clearly a killer"

I apparently dont know as much about the case as I thought I did. I thought there was a serious contention as to whether he acted in self defense for some reason.

As a jury member if theres doubt you definitely have to let him walk.

Wait, they convicted him? I thought he was just in jail because he couldnt post bond or whatever.

Maybe he was. I just thought I remembered reading something about him being wrongfully imprisoned or something.

Nevermind. The trial just took two years apparently.

Back
Top Bottom