Sitting here watching the Bills Vs Jets game.... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sitting here watching the Bills Vs Jets game....

Like the Jests fan said (jesus, this thread is so awful from the guy who needs sleep -- that again I'm agreeing with them) Trevor Pryce isn't paid much.

But Jet Offensive, you guys will have cap problems next year. But that doesn't matter this year. It isn't Trevor Pryce, its the other "stars" that will all want to be paid like Top 3 players COUGH COUGH BRAYLON EDWARDS.

This. We actually didn't pay much for any of the players we acquired this offseason.

LT, Taylor, Holmes and Cromartie received little or no guaranteed money.

The issue that we face is that we have a handful of players who are at the end of their deals. It'll be tough to keep them all.

Yep, jets are looking like the team they were hyped to be unfortunately. They are proving themselves right before our eyes. At least we have a good young core of players.

This. We actually didn't pay much for any of the players we acquired this offseason.

LT, Taylor, Holmes and Cromartie received little or no guaranteed money.

The issue that we face is that we have a handful of players who are at the end of their deals. It'll be tough to keep them all.

Santonio will remain a Jet. He said he wants to.
Braylon made it easier to keep him at a low contract with his off the field issues
Cromartie will not want to play for anyone but rex, jets fit his style of play....man to man

Then there's the if we win the superbowl scenrio where the players will want to stick together and sacrifice money for dynasty

The Jets have a very good football team. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either allowing their allegiance to the Phins to cloud their thinking or dont understand the game of football.

well that was pretty much an old fashioned beating. if we had revis it would have been worse

The Jets have a very good football team. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either allowing their allegiance to the Phins to cloud their thinking or dont understand the game of football.

i have to say likewise for the fins. normally i would be rooting for you guys to be the patriots tomorrow. since i feel the fins are more of a threat i am forced to root for the cheaters tomorrow.

Braylon made it easier to keep him at a low contract with his off the field issues
Cromartie will not want to play for anyone but rex, jets fit his style of play....man to man

Then there's the if we win the superbowl scenrio where the players will want to stick together and sacrifice money for dynasty

Listen dude -- I am a lot more familiar with Ant Cro than you. I've lived in SD the whole time he played here.

I have news for you. That guy has bills to pay, and he is WAY more selfish than you think. WAY WAY WAY more selfish.

And you do NOT have the players for the Bill B. style "I want to play here so pay me less." GIVE ME A BREAK DUDE. I give you guys a lot of credit, but you do NOT have team first players. Your best player just sat out for a long time, and he is one of the good guys!

They all want to be Jets. :)

Yes, hopefully we get the "rap sheet" discount on Braylon. But with the emergence of Keller we may not really need 2 stud WRs. Braylon is huge in the run game though.

Harris, and at least one of Holmes/Edwards are the absolutely essential moves. Cromartie depends on how Wilson develops... which isn't looking too good right now. Brad Smith is also up for a new deal after the year.

It's huge that we were able to sign Ferguson, Revis and Mangold in the offseason.

They all want to be Jets. :)

Yes, hopefully we get the "rap sheet" discount on Braylon. But with the emergence of Keller we may not really need 2 stud WRs. Braylon is huge in the run game though.

Harris, and at least one of Holmes/Edwards are the absolutely essential moves. Cromartie depends on how Wilson develops... which isn't looking too good right now. Brad Smith is also up for a new deal after the year.

It's huge that we were able to sign Ferguson, Revis and Mangold in the offseason.

You will probably get to pay Edwards for a one year prove it or lose it deal. He did himself a lot of damage.

Brad Smith shouldn't be a big contract as a role player. Holmes/Cromartie won't be cheap.

Just had to quote this post as it's probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. All 3 are entirely selfish and will not accept the low offers the Jets will have to offer them being after they pay Harris, and Keller since I assume he's going to want more money. Jets can't afford them and at least 2, but probably all 3 are as good as gone, especially after the inevitable Jets late season collapse.

Back to the topic on hand. The Bills blow. I had originally pegged them to go 3-13, I now think X-Pacalypse was right, this is an 0-16 team. Thankfully they'll be selecting a PAC 10 QB in the 1st round.

You will probably get to pay Edwards for a one year prove it or lose it deal. He did himself a lot of damage.

Brad Smith shouldn't be a big contract as a role player. Holmes/Cromartie won't be cheap.

Edwards is playing well enough that this "discount" is nothing more than an illusion. Some team will pay him more than the Jets are able/willing to.

Just had to quote this post as it's probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. All 3 are entirely selfish and will not accept the low offers the Jets will have to offer them being after they pay Harris, and Keller since I assume he's going to want more money. Jets can't afford them and at least 2, but probably all 3 are as good as gone, especially after the inevitable Jets late season collapse.

Back to the topic on hand. The Bills blow. I had originally pegged them to go 3-13, I now think X-Pacalypse was right, this is an 0-16 team. Thankfully they'll be selecting a PAC 10 QB in the 1st round.

I found the insinuation that they would actually play for "less" to be equally ridiculous. And I didn't even think about David Harris, who has been "promised" a deal. Keller will probably break 1000 yards this year and 10 TD's. He will hold out (I don't know if his deal is up this year) or something.

LOL @ them not being 'me first' guys...

I'm afraid of someone offering Brad Smith a ridiculous contract. He's a good player but it took the Jets years to figure out how to use him properly. I could see him signing a big deal somewhere else and then that team not utilizing him right.

I am completely befuddled because of two things.

1) How did our defense manage to make the Jet offense look so good? They clearly suck. They have very little in the way of a running game, nothing in terms of a down the field passing attack, and when the defense covers Dustin Keller Sanchez looks completely lost back there.

2) How did we not completely blow out the Bills? They are completely and totally abysmal. Nothing going for them whatsoever.

I dunno, I really hope my Fins show me somethin tomorrow night because right now I'm pretty apalled.
r u on a drug or something? the jets offense is not good?

Back
Top Bottom