Source: Dolphins Will Try to Re-Sign Bush | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source: Dolphins Will Try to Re-Sign Bush

I also love it when someone uses the phrase "arm chair GM's", guess what, a bunch of these ARM CHAIR GM's would probably do a better job than Ireland could ever dream of.

Uh keeping salary flexibility to sign OTHER good players is more important to me than to overpay for someone. This is not the MLB, there is a salary cap. So yes, it should matter to EVERYONE what our players are getting paid.

With your logic how about we sign Jake Long to 15 million a year now, it don't matter what he gets paid right?

Don't give two ****s what somebody gets paid. It's not my money. It's also just a hobby for me to watch football. My pay in my job is more important to me than what Bush will be getting from Miami.

Amazing how many fools there are in the world, and how many are DOLFANS.

You better be prepared to offer BUSH $5 Million/year, for at least 3 years, preferably 4. Because ANYONE w/a brain in the NFL, and especially anyone who saw Sunday's game, was by Monday saying "Staff, get me ALL of the REGGIE BUSH tape you can find, and give me ALL the info you can find about his career...injuries, etc.!!! And be QUICK about it!!!". SOMEONE (and i/m/o, more than one) will offer REGGIE A LOT of money. You people are dreaming if you think that anything under $4.5 Million/year will get it done.

Sometimes this forum reminds me of Fantasyland: any minute now, I expect the Mouse, the Duck, and the tall spastic Dog to come dancing down freakin' Biscayne Boulevard while singing "It's A Small World After All"!!! I mean...JESUS H. CHRIST, people: get real and SOBER UP!

They got locked into a bad premise and can't let go. That's all it is. Very familiar among bar stool fans, or that happy talk mindset in general The only difference is it's a player on our team.

When Reggie was a Saint it became fashionable to knock him as an overrated player. Threads popped up here and elsewhere. Happy talk backslapping euphoria. Fairly soon they took it so far it became not merely overrated, but no good period. That's when the hilarious comparisons started popping up. Saying it was one thing, believing it was downright scary.

Look, I make plenty of mistakes on player evaluation. And that will continue. Certainly in higher percentage than my younger years because I don't follow anything nearly as closely as I used to but I still like to have an authoritative opinion and tone. Seriously, what good is a maybe post? I don't make maybe bets. They are going to grade those tickets one way or another.

If my evaluation fails at least I now I started out on the proper side, the 60/40 or greater likelihood side. I certainly had a weak opinion on Reshad Jones, after watching him fail in diagnostic roles against several types of offenses at Georgia, whether it was diagnosing the spread or Georgia Tech's flexbone or college versions of pro style passing attacks. I'm thrilled I was wrong about Jones, although I'm not convinced his path will remain upward instead of flattening out or naturally declining somewhat.

The Reggie Bush knockers embraced anything but 60/40 math. They took a kid who was a dominant legendary talent at every level and somehow decided he wasn't anything beyond reserve scatback caliber. The odds of that holding up were absurdly low. That's what I mean by lack of credibility. The ones who let it go were sharp and learned a valuable lesson. The ones who stick to it now are not only comically pathetic but they forfeit credibility with every word. Notice that all the supporting arguments have slipped away one by one. Reggie can't run on grass. Reggie has low yards per carry. Reggie gets hurt all the time. Reggie is not a team player. Those claims look ridiculous these days but they were the centerpiece at one point. That's what you deserve, and that's what you get, when you doubt a special talent. Now they've desperately resorted to fixation on dancing, and somehow believe the lack of those steps would equate to 4 or 6 yards on those carries if he merely churned his legs normally. :lol:

They got locked into a bad premise and can't let go. That's all it is. Very familiar among bar stool fans, or that happy talk mindset in general The only difference is it's a player on our team.

When Reggie was a Saint it became fashionable to knock him as an overrated player. Threads popped up here and elsewhere. Happy talk backslapping euphoria. Fairly soon they took it so far it became not merely overrated, but no good period. That's when the hilarious comparisons started popping up. Saying it was one thing, believing it was downright scary.

Look, I make plenty of mistakes on player evaluation. And that will continue. Certainly in higher percentage than my younger years because I don't follow anything nearly as closely as I used to but I still like to have an authoritative opinion and tone. Seriously, what good is a maybe post? I don't make maybe bets. They are going to grade those tickets one way or another.

If my evaluation fails at least I now I started out on the proper side, the 60/40 or greater likelihood side. I certainly had a weak opinion on Reshad Jones, after watching him fail in diagnostic roles against several types of offenses at Georgia, whether it was diagnosing the spread or Georgia Tech's flexbone or college versions of pro style passing attacks. I'm thrilled I was wrong about Jones, although I'm not convinced his path will remain upward instead of flattening out or naturally declining somewhat.

The Reggie Bush knockers embraced anything but 60/40 math. They took a kid who was a dominant legendary talent at every level and somehow decided he wasn't anything beyond reserve scatback caliber. The odds of that holding up were absurdly low. That's what I mean by lack of credibility. The ones who let it go were sharp and learned a valuable lesson. The ones who stick to it now are not only comically pathetic but they forfeit credibility with every word. Notice that all the supporting arguments have slipped away one by one. Reggie can't run on grass. Reggie has low yards per carry. Reggie gets hurt all the time. Reggie is not a team player. Those claims look ridiculous these days but they were the centerpiece at one point. That's what you deserve, and that's what you get, when you doubt a special talent. Now they've desperately resorted to fixation on dancing, and somehow believe the lack of those steps would equate to 4 or 6 yards on those carries if he merely churned his legs normally. :lol:

Reggie didnt get the job done in No but is doing great in Miami. One teams trash can be another teams treasure> Always liked Reggie coming out of college has special skills. If we can sign him to a realistic contract , not one that makes him among the best paid in nfl because he is not deserving of that but a fair contract I would be quite excited to have him back

Now they've desperately resorted to fixation on dancing, and somehow believe the lack of those steps would equate to 4 or 6 yards on those carries if he merely churned his legs normally. :lol:

"Negative yards" is in vogue these days. I made a point to look for this the past 2 games and he had 1 run for negative yards

Reggie didnt get the job done in No but is doing great in Miami. One teams trash can be another teams treasure> Always liked Reggie coming out of college has special skills. If we can sign him to a realistic contract , not one that makes him among the best paid in nfl because he is not deserving of that but a fair contract I would be quite excited to have him back

I agree that he doesn't deserve Adrian Peterson money, but I don't think he will ask for it. Reggie Bush was one of Jeff Ireland's few big hits as General Manager, I can't believe he would let him walk away without at least giving him a serious offer.

He does occasionally have that run where you watch it and wish he had cut it back inside, but look at touchdowns scored from 15+ yards over the last two seasons for Miami. Tell me which name keeps popping up...

Bush, Miller, and either Thomas or Jonas Gray at RB. Thigpen of course returning kicks/punts and bouncing between RB and WR. And Jovorskie Lane your lone FB.

well we arent resigning long so that freed up a Bunch of money...If we start using him correctly (roll outs, screens, putting him in the slot) bush is deadly...

that roll out pass for a td yesterday made me happier then Ive been all year...

NOW YOUR TALKIN ,IF USED THE WAY HE IS SUSPOSE TO BE USED ,Reggie would be deadly ,and once we get some WRS to strech the field , we will see stuff from Reggie that will be hard to imagin , he will be leathal , imo Reggies best years ARE STILL AHEAD OF HIM, imo he is one of the best RBs in the NFL coming out of the bk field at catching the ball and makin stuff happen after the catch, so it would be stupid to atleast offer him a deal , and imo he wants to stay in Miami and i say any half way fair deal that he stays in Miami.

We shall see I like Reggie but he has shown a history of playing hardball with money and obviously money is very important to him. Maybe he has matured and realizes he has it good here

I think the Dolphins offer him a contract about the same as the current contract....If he accepts...great...if not...everyone moves on.

Back
Top Bottom