Sparano: Dolphins will have run-first offense 'because that's my nature' | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sparano: Dolphins will have run-first offense 'because that's my nature'

Why do we always manage to hire the most retarded people to coach our team? with the exception of Jimmy Johnson and Don Shula. Like seriously just because its your "nature" to incorporate a boring offense doesnt mean you should do it as far as im concerned nowadays pass first teams win the superbowls not the runfirst so is sources are a tad bit outdated. God what a moron Sparano is he doesnt even know how to handle things with class.

This is priceless. Morano is an idiot. He abandoned the run game so much last year. I guess that could be because of the steller line he had going there, OLine Guru me azz. Quick stat check 2010: Pass Plays 557 Rushing 445. Morano to "continue" doing something requires you were already doing it.
Henning called the plays, not Sparano. Sparano now has his guy at OC.

No problem with being a run first team. There will be more passing, Sparano even says that. They want to control the ball and clock. Just means they are not going to go into every play with pass on their mind. A successful running game will open up the passing game and mean more big vertical plays. Nothing wrong with that philosophy as long as you can build a strong running game.

Nubs. That is an old school mentality. I feel in the NFL today, the pass game opens up the running game. Keep those safeties honest and not 6 yards off the line with an actual vertical game, stop the LBs from sneaking up with a real TE and slot threat. That opens up holes for our RBs to run through.

Henning called the plays, not Sparano. Sparano now has his guy at OC.

I really don't think Daboll is "Sparano's guy". I think it was more like, Dabolls the only one who will take the job. Also, ****** is the Head Coach. Allowing Henning to call the plays that way ultimately has the responsibility fall on him. No excuses for the man in charge plz.

You just want Sparano gone because he owns Rex and the Jets.

Personally, I'm not even the least bit concerned with the Fish in 2011. I don't mean to insult your team, but I see you guys having a bad year. I mean BAD. Bottoming out bad. This is just an opinion, but the HC has no respect from the players. They won't run through a wall for him. If you guys even sniff 8 wins next year, I'd be shocked.

The ole lets keep it close and win down the stretch mentality. One problem Sparano, you have had no 2 min offense for 3 years. This guy is clueless. Here is hoping the lockout continues for a long time.

I had to test it to be sure. Yeah, if you spell Tony's last name wrong, it's censored.
:rotfl1:

I was a little skeptical of Tony suddenly having "a plan" for Ross when his job was on the line, seeing as how he didn't have a plan during the year. How could he suddenly come up with something fresh and exciting that would be a modern offense, score a lot of points, and energize the fanbase?

Umm... he didn't.

Nothing wrong with being a run first team, but the reality is we're doing this to protect our QB because we don't have one. Unfortunately, the OL and RBs aren't (as of this writing) strengths of the team, either.

We shall see what we shall see.

Personally, I'm not even the least bit concerned with the Fish in 2011. I don't mean to insult your team, but I see you guys having a bad year. I mean BAD. Bottoming out bad. This is just an opinion, but the HC has no respect from the players. They won't run through a wall for him. If you guys even sniff 8 wins next year, I'd be shocked.

What do you mean, didn't you see them play their hearts out for hs job against the Pats? how about how motivated they played for him against the Browns, Lions, and Bills at home down the stretch?

Ordinarily I don't like Ron Jaworski, but he always says "you move the ball with the running game, but you score touchdowns with the passing game" and I completely agree with that statement. I'm all about having a savage running game, but if you can't get big plays in the air, and if you CONSTANTLY HAVE TO SETTLE FOR FIELD GOALS BECAUSE OF INEPT PLAY CALLING/ SLOW *** SKILL POSITION PLAYERS, then your offense is Miami 2010.
Keep on playing "not to lose" Tony, see where it gets you.

hit the nail on the head about 2 minute offense
it doesn't exist with the dolphins
henne or fill in the blanks " "
needs to be able to use passing to the sideline
for advantage to save some clock
and have the ability to feel comfortable
and not waste timeouts that are needed to score!
the 2 minute drill was so bad last year
it looked like they never practiced it much less an afterthought.
Tony initial success was when we burned time off the clock
but not all games we want to burn time..

The owner wants a wide open offense. The meatball wants to continue the tired old philosphies of Parcells and Henning. Explain to me why this moron was given another year?

Considering how much we abandoned the run last year, we need this approach. Now if we can only get Ingram to tote the rock I'll be ecstatic.

This is priceless. ****** is an idiot. He abandoned the run game so much last year. I guess that could be because of the steller line he had going there, OLine Guru me azz. Quick stat check 2010: Pass Plays 557 Rushing 445. ****** to "continue" doing something requires you were already doing it.

those extra 100 pass plays were like runs passes under 5 yards..

The owner wants a wide open offense. The meatball wants to continue the tired old philosphies of Parcells and Henning. Explain to me why this moron was given another year?

Something about a leopard changing it's spots comes to mind.

We're going to pound the rock. Ok. Like Rotoworld said, both of our OTs are coming off surgeries and the interior of our OL is in flux. We don't want our RBs back. Good grief there's work to be done, yet we have a delayed FA and limited draft choices to work with. I will always root for this team, but as a betting person, my money would be elsewhere in 2011.

Yes you did, that is exactly what you meant to do. The Jets are primed to bottom out also with guys like JT gone and LT continuing to age. Not only that, Ryan's hollow predictions of winning the Super Bowl are starting to wear thin with the fan base and especially the players. I am not sure if a player would run through a wall for Rex either, probably because Rex is big enough to go through a wall, feet first of course.

Head to head, Miami is the better team.

The Dolphins have a top 6 defense, the best receiver and left tackle in the AFC East and a bunch of other solid starters on offense like Carey and Bess. The Dolphins are much closer to being a playoff team than they would be to what you think they will be.

The Dolphins will make the playoffs and the Jets won't in 2011, not to be mean, but that is how I see it. I would be SHOCKED if the Jets made the playoffs this year.

Back
Top Bottom