Sparano: Dolphins will have run-first offense 'because that's my nature' | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sparano: Dolphins will have run-first offense 'because that's my nature'

Yes you did, that is exactly what you meant to do.

Not at all. I really don't see the Fish as a threat so there's not much animosity towards them.

The Jets are primed to bottom out also with guys like JT gone and LT continuing to age.

JT is what? LOL... a situational pass rusher that played about 10% of plays. LT is what he is. He's going to continue to split carries with Shonn Greene until we run him into the ground. Neither one of them are irreplaceable and neither was instrumental to our success. We have the best OL, even a half dazed Joe McKnight ran for well over 100 yards when given the chance.

Not only that, Ryan's hollow predictions of winning the Super Bowl are starting to wear thin with the fan base and especially the players. I am not sure if a player would run through a wall for Rex either, probably because Rex is big enough to go through a wall, feet first of course.

You're not from NYC. Rex Ryan RUNS NY. He can take a **** on the Empire State Building and the newspapers would praise him as a great motivator. Lets put this in perspective: this guy is so damn charismatic that he basically got away with pimping out his wife to dudes for his own pleasure and we all said "hey, it's no big deal". No one could've gotten away with that. He's that damn good.

Head to head, Miami is the better team.

Maybe the Hurricanes over Rutgers. But that's debatable.

The Dolphins have a top 6 defense, the best receiver and left tackle in the AFC East and a bunch of other solid starters on offense like Carey and Bess. The Dolphins are much closer to being a playoff team than they would be to what you think they will be.

The Jets have a Top 3 defense. Marshall is so good, he scores once every 5 + games. I'm shaking. Long is great. Brick is very good. The difference is, Long is the only one on your OL that can block while Brick is part of the best OL in the NFL, not just the AFC East.

The Dolphins will make the playoffs and the Jets won't in 2011, not to be mean, but that is how I see it. I would be SHOCKED if the Jets made the playoffs this year.

Lets make it interesting. If the Jets make the playoffs and the Fish don't, you have to change your signature to a picture of Sanchez (I'll choose the picture). If things happen as you "see it", I'll do the same with a Fish player of your choice.

i dont mind watching run-heavy games, especially the bad weather games, those are great when you can run effectively. i think we just need some better blocking and and playcalling to make that happen. the place where i'd like to see more game changing plays is actually on defense rather then offense you know? i mean it would be cool to have us bombing TD's all day but realistically i think were not far off from getting a running game going like in 09 again but this time with the defense to back it up. games like the saints game and colts game, hell the steelers this year, i think we'd win a lot of these closer games if we have the defense and run game at the same time. i also always perfect running the ball in the redzone, just safer to me, but you gotta score.

idk man in NY it goes Yankees, Giants, Mets, Rangers, Jets, Knicks as far as most popular teams so i wouldn't exactly say rex ryan owns the city. and if anything the knicks might take them soon hahaha

idk man in NY it goes Yankees, Giants, Mets, Rangers, Jets, Knicks as far as most popular teams so i wouldn't exactly say rex ryan owns the city. and if anything the knicks might take them soon hahaha

The Jets bumped the Giants off of every backpage this year, wtf are you talking about? And Rangers? No one even follows hockey as far as I know. I haven't seen a hockey game other than the Finals advertised anywhere.

with melo studimire and billips to the knicks
people thought they would overtake the #1 celebrity sports team in ny
as its turning out melo is now hiding from the ny media
and is taking criticism for his lackluster performance and seeming scarred..
It is clear ny gave up too many pieces for mello..

I think the jets are higher on the new york mind
than you give them credit for
they got a voyeuristic fat slobbering coach that pimps out his wife for free
and a quarterback who bangs girls still in high-school
that has TMZ dripping goo from the keyboard..
Yeah the jets are a show all-right :p

If he wants to be employed next year he had better figure out how to be a "run first" team while scoring points. No one will care how he does it as long as he is scoring points....

Sparano is both DUMB and ARROGANT

Not sure why we're seeing all the negativity about this quote. When the running game is working, Miami wins... when it isn't they lose, regardless of how well the passing game is going. First games that come to mind are SNF against the Jets and MNF against the Pats. We had lots of success through the air, but never did really attempt to establish the run. End result? 2 losses.

I realize the running game sucked last year, but let's face it, most of that had to do with Dan Henning getting pass happy. First game that comes to mind is the Ravens game. We gashed them in the beginning. Ronnie had 45 yard or so on the first drive alone, as well as a touchdown. Ricky had some nice runs as well. Next thing you know, Dan Henning comes along and ****s it all up. It actually really makes me wonder about the guy... because we were running the ball well, he wanted to start passing? It doesn't take a football fan to tell you that if it aint broke, don't fix it.

As far as the quote goes, have at it Sparano. If you think you can save your *** behind a strong running game, by all means, go for it. Don't do something that you don't believe in or think the team can accomplish just because the fans want excitement. Do whatever has to be done to win. That's all that matters. If the Dolphins are winning, the stadium will fill up and Ross will be a much happier owner.

Sparano should have been fired this past offseason. But no worries, he'll be fired after this season (if there is one) anyway.

For gods sakes son i hope your right.
sparano122110-1.jpg

All indications point to Ross giving Sparano more than one year to build a winner..
The extension, the raise, and the current statement by ross that Sparano should not
worry about short term success..I think it would take a tremendous amount of failure
a total implosion for Ross to kick Sparano out..

Look up our record for when we ran the ball 30 times or more. I'm all for running the ball.

For gods sakes son i hope your right.
Why? You want Sparano to fail?? Where's the logic in that?

Basically what you're saying is that you're hoping Sparano fails miserably, and Miami continues to be stuck in mediocrity? I thought Sparano should've been fired after this year, but hey, he wasn't. I'm fully behind him and I truly hope he turns out to be a great coach for us.

Same goes for Henne. I don't necessarily believe he is the answer, but you can be damn sure I'm praying he is and that he'll be the next great thing. If he is the starter next year, then so be it. Just like Sparano, I'm fully behind him and will be rooting for him to succeed.

Rooting for our own players/coaches to fail is unbelievable. I don't know about you, but I want to win, regardless of who it's with. As long as the player/coach is a member of the Miami Dolphins, you better believe I'm hoping they'll pull through.

Also, sorry to single you out. This isn't just to you though, there are many others who follow the same philosophy.

Back
Top Bottom