Speculation Dion Jordan MIGHT Not Be Ready for Week 1 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Speculation Dion Jordan MIGHT Not Be Ready for Week 1

This organization screwed up bad on this rushing him in and drafting him. Sorry but I am pizzed off beyond belief right now. What a waste of a pic this year. Does anyone really think he is gonna be healthy if he is hurt now but has had since feb. to get better, It is probably just as bad, near square 1 with his shoulder not being able to take a hard hit. I remember watching him in that Dallas game saying, he is hitting too hard, he is gonna screw his shoulder up, yup, he did. Did the dolphins even check out the surgeon who did this surgery because this is ridiculous. Bark Mingo was healthy, dont, know why we would go after Dion coming off surgery? I just dont get it. Now we have MISI as a pass rusher, get real. THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What a waste of a pic this year. Does anyone really think he is gonna be healthy if he is hurt now but has had since feb. to get better, It is probably just as bad, near square 1 with his shoulder not being able to take a hard hit.

yes, i do think he will be healthy. let's check back in a couple of week.

Sure hope your right but, have you ever been re injured on something you have been long recovering? and you took at jolt there and it feels almost as bad as when you hit it, you are screwed up for a loooonnggg time again. I have and that's what happens when you rush it.

It looks like Barkevious Mingo, the 6th overall pick in the 2013 NFL draft might be missing the first game too. Cleveland will likely be at an equal disadvantage.

So FREAKING WHAT?

If you had a chance to draft Jason Taylor at Jordan's position, BUT he may not have played in his first few games? You're not going to draft him?

Please let the silliness stop already.

This organization screwed up bad on this rushing him in and drafting him. Sorry but I am pizzed off beyond belief right now. What a waste of a pic this year.

Because he MIGHT miss one game?

Does anyone really think he is gonna be healthy if he is hurt now but has had since feb. to get better, It is probably just as bad, near square 1 with his shoulder not being able to take a hard hit.
This is just a ridiculous interpretation. He had a scheduled procedure, with a set rehab time. Yes, he probably got cleared to play a bit sooner than he should have. They obviously tried it out and he had a reaction to the impact on his shoulder. I just fail to see how that would mean that he is back to the point he was at in Feb. It's just nonsense.

Did the dolphins even check out the surgeon who did this surgery because this is ridiculous.
Chile Pleez, as a former Fin would say.

Bark Mingo was healthy,
Mingo is out for Game 1, Maybe for months, with a condition the surgeons can't quite believe. He's spitting up blood yet doesn't seem to have any broken ribs. They're not sure about the origin or treatment of the lung contusion. It looks serious. So there's your argument blown up again.

Now we have MISI as a pass rusher, get real.
Vernon will be the rusher, as he probably would have been for most downs anyway, even if Jordan did/does make Game 1. More nonsense.

ck probably knows more about this than i do but hasn't dion jordan at oregon had shoulder issues for years??? i know the stuff i saw of his last year he was playing with one arm pretty much...i wanna say this was more than a one time thing when it came to shoulder issues but maybe i'm off on that...

Had a torn labrum since midway through 2012 but to my knowledge hasn't had any shoulder injuries prior.

Problem is though he played too much with the injury. He injured it against Colorado and played immediately the next week against USC before bowing out against Cal to rest it. He went on to be a full participant in the next two weeks before having about 5-6 weeks off in preparation for the bowl game. Then during the bowl game, right away he re-aggravates the injury.

Given that history, I think you'd rather err on the side of caution.

The thing about Dion Jordan missing the game against Weeden is that Weeden's weakness is what he does under pressure. He can sling the football with the best of them, we all know that. But when you get pressure on him, he mostly falls apart. He's not one to buy time or keep a play alive or anything like that. The best you usually hope for is a throwaway.

Therefore, more than most QBs the Dolphins will face this year, how Brandon Weeden does against the Dolphins will vary widely according to how well you're pass rushing him. Pass rush him well, and he could be puddy in your hands. Pass rush him poorly, and Jordan Cameron just caught two touchdowns on you. Resort to constantly blitzing him, and don't be surprised if he finds the right quick reads to beat it.

Lets see how things shake out before we panic. Hopefully an improved Vernon, odrick on the inside, and a fresh set of linebackers will give him all the time he needs to get straightened out. I'd rather have him miss time the first quarter of the season than the (hopefully) playoff push.

Jordan not being at full health bothers me more than any other problem or perceived problem on this team just for the simple fact I'm very excited to watch him play.

The thing about Dion Jordan missing the game against Weeden is that Weeden's weakness is what he does under pressure. He can sling the football with the best of them, we all know that. But when you get pressure on him, he mostly falls apart. He's not one to buy time or keep a play alive or anything like that. The best you usually hope for is a throwaway.

Therefore, more than most QBs the Dolphins will face this year, how Brandon Weeden does against the Dolphins will vary widely according to how well you're pass rushing him. Pass rush him well, and he could be puddy in your hands. Pass rush him poorly, and Jordan Cameron just caught two touchdowns on you. Resort to constantly blitzing him, and don't be surprised if he finds the right quick reads to beat it.

Miami will row alot of zone blitzes at him. Since the right side of the browns line is their weakness, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to double Cameron wake. If you double wake that leads to blitzes up the middle without rb contain. We will get after weeden early and often. So, with or without dion Jordan they still don't have an answer for the strength of our defense and that's our front 7 and dline.

Then during the bowl game, right away he re-aggravates the injury.

Given that history, I think you'd rather err on the side of caution.

is this not what happened in the hof game? if he's wearing a harness now why wasn't he then?

this just has the feel of a guy who is going to battle this shoulder injury his entire career

We trade up to no 3 for a guy w a bum shoulder. I don't buy that Ireland knew the extent of this guy's injury. It's not as though Jeff can afford to have this pick on the sidelines in street clothes all season. Another questionable personnel move? Time will tell but not looking good for Jeff.

If it were my decision,I'd sit Dion Jordon untill after the bye week.Then ease him in ..

Back
Top Bottom