Speculation Dion Jordan MIGHT Not Be Ready for Week 1 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Speculation Dion Jordan MIGHT Not Be Ready for Week 1

To me this quote is being read incorrectly. If you read it I believe he is saying that it "wouldnt be a surprise at all" for him to know if he is going to miss the opener or not, thus why he brings up that its his body and asks a rhetorical question. The way I read it he is basically saying "Its my body of course I will know if Im not going to be ready to play or not" which would be different then how its being interpreted right now.

You know what I agree. He's simply pointing out that he will know if he'd ready or not and will not be surprised if he doesn't play because he wod know he's not ready. I read the tweet which left a lot of that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends what you mean as "handily". I don't expect a blowout, but yes I expect the team will beat the Browns. The Dolphins should easily be the better team.

No reason our defense can't shut down their offense which is less their #1 wr. Question is can our offense put up 20points, which should be enough to win

put him on the PUP list and keep the best of the 'O' brothers to start the season .... Jordan is about getting some experience this year and being fully ready next year.

can do the same thing with Taylor .... get him healthy for the 2d half of the season, suffer with Carroll/Davis initially

clearly not what you 'want' for top draft picks .... but its really about future production - not necessarily 'immediate' production, acknowledging you'd certainly like/plan on your 1st/2nd round picks contributing right away.

imo from my time watchin football for the last 33 + years when you draft a player in the top 10 dosent matter what poss they play , 99.9% of the time they are automatic starters from day one , there NOT picked that high to say meehhh we will start them next year , or even maybe the year after that , when your picked that high and gettin that kinda money ,Teams cant afford to sit them on the bench , i understand if your hurt , but thats on the front office on that , i hope for a speedy recovery for Jordan and Taylor..

The Giants won a couple of Super Bowls using a rotation of three very good ends. You can't have too many quality defensive ends. Lets say a year from now fins are heading into the playoffs and Wake goes down, how good of a pick would Jordan be then?

The Giants won a couple of Super Bowls using a rotation of three very good ends. You can't have too many quality defensive ends. Lets say a year from now fins are heading into the playoffs and Wake goes down, how good of a pick would Jordan be then?

They hid a very pedestrian secondary as well.

i don't think people though understand the differences personnel wise on our schemes with and without jordan...this d's good now it can be elite with a move and burst athlete like that on the field 100 percent in it...that guy can also help you hide a lot of things on the back end...
Really interested in this, if healthy I wonder could we see a load of Vernon and Jordan on the field at the same time, with one dropping and one rushing. Agree you can never have enough pass rushers and it seems bar Solai and Misi everyone in our front 7 could be effective pass rushers for their position. Get a decent lead in a game and unleash the hounds!

Really interested in this, if healthy I wonder could we see a load of Vernon and Jordan on the field at the same time, with one dropping and one rushing. Agree you can never have enough pass rushers and it seems bar Solai and Misi everyone in our front 7 could be effective pass rushers for their position. Get a decent lead in a game and unleash the hounds!

ive come for your , mudders brudders boiy lmao :d-day:

To me this quote is being read incorrectly. If you read it I believe he is saying that it "wouldnt be a surprise at all" for him to know if he is going to miss the opener or not, thus why he brings up that its his body and asks a rhetorical question. The way I read it he is basically saying "Its my body of course I will know if Im not going to be ready to play or not" which would be different then how its being interpreted right now.

You are exactly right. He's saying that either being able to play or not being able to play would not be a surprise to him because it's his body and he would know one way or the other prior to the opener. He's not saying that he would not be surprised if he wasn't ready... The way it's worded it's easy to come to this conclusion though.

You think we can handily beat the Browns? I sure as he** dont.

Everyone is playing vanilla on offense and defense right now, not showing any cards. Just straight up man on man etc. That said, i dont think we blow them out, but i do think we beat them soundly. 27-17

put him on the PUP list and keep the best of the 'O' brothers to start the season .... Jordan is about getting some experience this year and being fully ready next year.

can do the same thing with Taylor .... get him healthy for the 2d half of the season, suffer with Carroll/Davis initially

clearly not what you 'want' for top draft picks .... but its really about future production - not necessarily 'immediate' production, acknowledging you'd certainly like/plan on your 1st/2nd round picks contributing right away.

Dude, we are not in a position to draft #3 overall and have that pick be a luxury pick that we can count on to marinate. Dion Jordan not being ready physically is extremely disappointing and anyone who says otherwise is deceiving themselves.

So the solution to our issues was a round one guard? Rightttttttt

Did you watch Jonathan Cooper dominate every task he was assigned v the Cowboys?

Not saying we shoud've drafted a guard but Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas would be much better for it, and that in turn would help Tannehill put points up on the board.

stay at 12 and take BPA...stop trying to outsmart everybody...we do not have so much talent that the taking of Dion Jordan was going to be the cherry on top...we need day 1 contributors, ESPECIALLY trading up into the top-3...

i commend the move for the BALLS it takes, but our medical staff really sucks the big one...don't take someone that is already hurt and going under the knife...you never know how someone comes back from that...

I like Dion Jordan, but i think i agree. Another thing that kindve bothers me is Ireland's love of drafting kids from lesser schools. If i was a GM i'd be more inclined to take big names from big programs and 1 db from the SEC every single year for all of eternity:hump:

I really could care less if he is ready....the fact is, he is a rookie, he won't impact the game on his own. I would be concerned if we didn't have Cameron Wake. We have seen the defense without Jordan, and it is very capable of keeping us in the game. I don't want to risk losing Jordan for a long period. What happens if he plays week 1 and gets injured and is out for like 5 games? I would rather he is 100% confident in his shoulder and won't miss more games after his return. He hasn't even had time to practice, so he won't even be a huge impact if he does play. He is strictly a pass rusher this year.

hennelol2gif-1.jpg

:lol: /thread

I for one and NOT WORRIED.

This pick was about taking a PLAY MAKER that will be a tremendous asset and assist the phins in doing a lot of WINNING for YEARS to come. It wasnt all about this season, but so long as he winds up playing games Im certain it will help.

This pick was NOT about looking at the roster and "filling needs". You dont draft that way anyhow..... at least you shouldnt. Only teams that are already loaded should worry about filling a gap here or there. Other teams should be focused on adding as many big time players as possible. IMHO, Dion Jordan will be a great player in this league that will allow the phins to exploit many teams' offenses.

Anyone who wanted to go cornfed in round 1 still just simply dosent get it.

If Ireland drafted offensive lineman at the three spot, this board would have erupted into a mob. Don't start playing the if card now. This is what we wanted from Ireland. Now we live with it and hope for the best. Grass is always greener from the other side. I'm for one excited about Jordan's long term career as a Fin.

Back
Top Bottom