Speculation Dion Jordan MIGHT Not Be Ready for Week 1 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Speculation Dion Jordan MIGHT Not Be Ready for Week 1

yup. would it be nice if he is 100% for the browns? yes. if he isn't, does that in any way indicate he wasn't the right pick for us, or that we shouldn't have drafted him? no. you won't even remember this time period two years from now when he is playing well for us.

Everyone is playing vanilla on offense and defense right now, not showing any cards. Just straight up man on man etc. That said, i dont think we blow them out, but i do think we beat them soundly. 27-17
Not Buffalo. They are running actual plays and showing everything

Even he said it wouldn't surprise him at all if he misses the opener. How did we draft a DE with Chad Penington's shoulder #3 overall?
Listening to Dion's words makes me think, I shouldn't think about him being a contributor anytime soon. He is obviously quite concerned about his shoulder short and long term.

Bigger concern is him needing additional "corrective" surgery... Either way -- he was a high risk pick @#3 considering the medical...

Ireland seems to roll the dice with injury histories and doesn't think he's gonna get burned -- but the odds are we get burned...

Oh my god it's the end of the world..........wait nope just a typical day at Finheaven and the overreaction and misinterpretation of many here continues!

You think we can handily beat the Browns? I sure as he** dont.

Sorry to say, but Weeden has been looking better than Tanny this preseason. Note that I said preseason, so you Tanny lovers don't get bent out of shape.

Even if he goes on PUP, I still stand by the pick. You have to look at the big picture here.

the big picture is this is a team with no depth that has a GM trading away draft picks to move up and get injured players at positions we dont need.

Probably wont miss week one. Seen what we needed to see in first two playoff games now let him rest and get stronger.

Oh my god it's the end of the world..........wait nope just a typical day at Finheaven and the overreaction and misinterpretation of many here continues!

yeah remember when everyone overreacted to dk's knee injury? man im glad he was ok....

maybe Weeden has a 108.3 rating lol. I seriously don't know

Got curious Weeden has a 139.8 rating 3 tds no int

Best qb rating in preseason is Tavaris Jackson 156.3 3tds no int

Its preseason lets not get into preseason passing championships lol.
There are 20 qb's with higher preseason rankings than Tannehill and its doesn't matter at all.

Phillp RIvers and Ben Rotlisberger have ratings in 50's and Im sure qb is the last point of concern for any of their coaches

stay at 12 and take BPA...stop trying to outsmart everybody...we do not have so much talent that the taking of Dion Jordan was going to be the cherry on top...we need day 1 contributors, ESPECIALLY trading up into the top-3...

i commend the move for the BALLS it takes, but our medical staff really sucks the big one...don't take someone that is already hurt and going under the knife...you never know how someone comes back from that...

NO, NO, NO, NO.
If Ireland is guilty of one thing (and let's face it, it's probably more than one), he drafted too conservatively for too long and put together a roster of median-quality players, who all worked hard and played hard but achieved median-quality results. We are sorely lacking in special talent on the roster. Of our three elite players, one is a center and the other is a punter.

Ireland HAD to make a move like this. And he has to make more of them in future drafts. Yes, drafting a player who needs a bit of shoulder surgery is a risk. But this idea that's going around that he has a bum shoulder and will be a draft bust because of it is wildly speculative, premature and probably nonsensical.

I didn't like our draft this year and I posted about how drafting and signing so many currently or formerly injured players was a risk (Jordan, Taylor, Thomas, Jenkins, Grimes, Louis, Keller....). The one player I had no hesitation in getting behind, risk or not, was Jordan.

The people who think we shouldn't make bold moves for special players or take risks on what we perceive to be elite talent are the people who wonder why we go 7-9 or 6-10. They're the people who say "why can't we hit on Russell Wilson or Doug Martin or Aldon Smith or Jimmy Graham?" I'll tell you whay. because Ireland and 30 other GMs saw some other player at that spot who they reckoned they could just plug in from day 1.

So maybe Jordan misses the Browns game. He is one of 30 or so "core" players to be used on the day - 3.33% of the contribution to the game. Lets make him 5% because he's a special talent. I think we can manage at 95%. There are 16 games in a season. That's now a 0.31% loss for the year. We expect Jordan to have a Fins career of at least 5 years. Thats 0.0625% of his career. So people are calling him a bust on the basis of him only being available for 99.9375% of his potential career. Wow, that is significant.

Bottom line. His shoulder still hurts after surgery. That's it.

Back
Top Bottom