Spiller Looks good... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spiller Looks good...

da305kid

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I always watch 1st teams of the preseason opponents we will face. Spiller Just torched Colts for probably a 40 yard TD. Too bad that they still need a QB so Defenses wont stack the box. Us DolFans know something about that, thought i would bring this up becuause obviously this is our week 1 opponent and it it imperative we get off to a fast start.

Concerns on Spiller? The homerun backs tend to give us problems.

/discuss

It's gotta freak the league out when players helmets pop off. I know it's been happening for decades, but concussions were overlooked for a long time, and they are finally getting serious attention. A helmet is only as strong as it's weakest link, in this case, the chin strap.

The Bills are terrible.

Then the Super Bowl runner ups must be god awful because the Bills are beating them. :lol:

And Spiller is beyond explosive but he is dancing too much. You can get away with that in college but not in the pros, especially against a fast defense like the Colts. Still, hope that Lynch and Jackson are back for the opener because I'd rather have Spiller as a change of pace guy right now. He could be deadly in that role.

What ch. is it on in Miami? I'm watching the Pat/Falcons game

OL is overrated as far as Spiller is concerned. He didn't have one at Clemson and he still was a beast. He is a rare talent.

Spiller made a move on Freeney tonight that was impressive.

Spiller has a little Barry Sanders in him. He will get hit for a loss and then make a big run. Be nice for Buffalo to finally have a star player, its only been like 10 years since we had one.

some of you sound surprised that spiller is a beast...the only thing holding that kid back is that oline...

oh and we can all scratch the falcons off the super bowl contender list...they STILL can't stop the run and the corners look suspect to say the least...will atlanta ever stop the run??? i doubt it

After watching the 1st teamers on offense for the Bills i will just say this, TERRIBLE OLINE, that Spiller TD was ALL him, shoulda been stuffed in backfield, like a straight up athlete this guy jukes 3 defenders and is gone.....The catch to Lee Evans had to be a blown assignment, neverless nice pass by Edwards, im just gonna say that you Bills have no O-line however so be prepared to see plenty of QB's eating turf, plenty of 2 yard losses and prepare to see Spiller build a highlight reel season IMO, he however is not enough to win. They said Edwards chipped a toof tonight on that play he lost his helmet.....in for a LONG season....Without Byrd this teams strength is in its secondary. So sparano pound them and pound them!!!!!

After watching the 1st teamers on offense for the Bills i will just say this, TERRIBLE OLINE

The Colts only had 5 tackles for a loss for the entire game. Trent wasn't sacked but hit while releasing twice. Brohm was sacked once.

Trent's QB Rating 142.2

Brohm's QB Rating 82.4

RB's had 144 yards on the day.

Other than the mishap early on where Trent got hit I don't see where you came to the conclusion that the O-Line was terrible in this game.

Since you brought up Spillers run there was only one D-Lineman that gets near CJ. The next player to come close is the Corner Back, Jacob Lacey, and that's 6 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Did you really even watch the game?

I have to be honest I didn't watch the game, so I can't give a 100% real opinion on Spiller. But I looked at the box score and he had 10 attempts for 54 yards. 31 yards came on one run. So, that means he had 9 attempts for 23 yards, not including his long break. For those who don't understand math, that is 2.6 yards per carry. Not good.

Back
Top Bottom