Spiller Looks good... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spiller Looks good...

I have to be honest I didn't watch the game, so I can't give a 100% real opinion on Spiller. But I looked at the box score and he had 10 attempts for 54 yards. 31 yards came on one run. So, that means he had 9 attempts for 23 yards, not including his long break. For those who don't understand math, that is 2.6 yards per carry. Not good.

He had a minus 6 run and a minus 3 run as well where he tried to do too much. Like I said, he reminds me of Barry Sanders, when he will try to do to much loise yards and then break a big one.

So he had 8 carried for 63 yards and 2 carried for minus 9 yards.

Its going to happen with a RB like Spiller.

Ronnie 5/20 yards. Longest run 8 yards. For those than don't understand the math that leave the remaining 12 yards were gained at 3 yards per carry. Not good.

Ricky 3/10 yards. Longest run 6 yards. For those than don't understand the math that leave the remaining 4 yards were gained at 2 yards per carry. Pitiful.

One preseason game is no way to define a player so give it a rest.

What you can learn from watching Spiller this preseason is that he can go from zero to greasy fast at the drop of a hat. I saw the same flashes of greatness he showed his entire college career.

CJ Spiller now has more yards in his 31 yard TD run than Ronnie Brown has total yards this preseason.

Is the Dolphin Offensive line just not opening holes or is Ronnie under preforming?

CJ Spiller now has more yards in his 31 yard TD run than Ronnie Brown has total yards this preseason.

Is the Dolphin Offensive line just not opening holes or is Ronnie under preforming?
Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams don't have to prove themselves in preseason. They have both been Pro Bowl running backs.

CJ Spiller has played two preseason games and suddenly he is the next Barry Sanders. :lol:

Spiller is exactly the kind of back you want with a bad/mediocre line, especially when you can bring in a quality power back for short yardage situations. He can make something out of nothing, he has value as a receiver making plays in the open field, and in college he almost never fumbled.

Still, he's a rookie, and that team has a lot of uncertainty with new coaching, new schemes and no starting QB named. Buffalo will go through stretches where they give him the ball 10 times and he gets 16 yards.

You mentioned Barry Sanders, not me.

What Barry had to say about CJ Spiller..."Spiller is a world-class athlete with that speed and explosion,'' said Hall of Fame former Detroit Lions running back Barry Sanders.

Spiller's carving up the Colts Defense is pretty Sanders-esque though. They also look alike when you see defenders slide off of them like warm butter on a hot knife.

You are right, Ronnie has nothing to prove in the preseason. He will however have to prove he isn't injury prone during the regular season.

The Colts only had 5 tackles for a loss for the entire game. Trent wasn't sacked but hit while releasing twice. Brohm was sacked once.

Trent's QB Rating 142.2

Brohm's QB Rating 82.4

RB's had 144 yards on the day.

Other than the mishap early on where Trent got hit I don't see where you came to the conclusion that the O-Line was terrible in this game.

Since you brought up Spillers run there was only one D-Lineman that gets near CJ. The next player to come close is the Corner Back, Jacob Lacey, and that's 6 yards past the line of scrimmage.

Did you really even watch the game?

DID U???? You fail to mention that 1 defensive lineman that gets close to him is 2 yards deep in the backfield with Spiller, you FAIL. Their was another play where Edwards got raped on goaline from terrible pass protection, and a few(2-3) other plays where the colts D-Line came untouched in the backfield. Trent's Qb rating came from that bomb which was a BLOWN assignment, I watched the game and rewinded it on several occasions to watch the O-line so you can take your homer *** somewhere else. I didnt even mention the false start penalties. Same Bills team, and I hardly think Spiller carved up the Colts, it was a great run but the rest of the game was spent with him dancing and juking and the D not falling for it...

You mentioned Barry Sanders, not me.

What Barry had to say about CJ Spiller..."Spiller is a world-class athlete with that speed and explosion,'' said Hall of Fame former Detroit Lions running back Barry Sanders.

Spiller's carving up the Colts Defense is pretty Sanders-esque though. They also look alike when you see defenders slide off of them like warm butter on a hot knife.

You are right, Ronnie has nothing to prove in the preseason. He will however have to prove he isn't injury prone during the regular season.
Read the whole thread, I didn't mention Sanders first, DaBills4life did. Apparently though you seem to agree with him.

You are right, Ronnie does need to prove he can last an entire season without getting hurt. Even though he did that as recently as 2008.

Look, Spiller will likely be a good back, but is he another Chris Johnson? I doubt it, and he definitely is not the next Barry Sanders, as you Bills fans seem to think.

DID U???? You fail to mention that 1 defensive lineman that gets close to him is 2 yards deep in the backfield with Spiller, you FAIL. Their was another play where Edwards got raped on goaline from terrible pass protection, and a few(2-3) other plays where the colts D-Line came untouched in the backfield. Trent's Qb rating came from that bomb which was a BLOWN assignment, I watched the game and rewinded it on several occasions to watch the O-line so you can take your homer *** somewhere else. I didnt even mention the false start penalties. Same Bills team, and I hardly think Spiller carved up the Colts, it was a great run but the rest of the game was spent with him dancing and juking and the D not falling for it...

Keep hatin'

Read the whole thread, I didn't mention Sanders first, DaBills4life did. Apparently though you seem to agree with him.

You are right, Ronnie does need to prove he can last an entire season without getting hurt. Even though he did that as recently as 2008.

Look, Spiller will likely be a good back, but is he another Chris Johnson? I doubt it, and he definitely is not the next Barry Sanders, as you Bills fans seem to think.

I'm not going to say he's Sanders or Johnson but no one thought Johnson was going to be Johnson either. It's BS if you said he would. Spiller has about as close of a skill set to Johnson of any rb in this league.

Have to say, I find it funny that you guys came here last week and complained about Fin fans taking pre-season too serious when you got a beat down by the Skins. Yet we are now hearing from you guys that Spiller is the next Barry Sanders??????????

And you know he definitely is not the next Barry Sanders how, exactly? No one knows how this kid is going to end up. He's got a great chance of success in this league. He also could tank. Right now, he's looking good, but it's only pre-season. For anyone to say whether he'll be wearing a gold jacket or he'll be a bust is WAY too early to tell. Pre-season means jack****. Don't put too much stock, good or bad, in preseason play, especially on a team with a new HC.

So judge the preseason when it makes another team look bad? Don't judge the preseason if it has to do with the performance of vets on your team? Don't speak anything positive about a rookie making a great play unless that player is a Miami player? Go away homer?

You want my honest opinion the Division goes Pats, Jets, Phins, Bills. I think the Pats and Jets will have similar records and the Phins and Bills will close to each other as well.

Only Guru coach is in NE. That with Brady and Moss means Championships.

Defense goes to New York. Defense can keep them in any game.

Miami has Ronnie and Marshall. No where near a complete team that can contend.

Bills have a great secondary and they are counting on a Rookie to do... it all. I will be wearing a paper bag on my head when I go to the bar on game days.

Next time you wanna call someone a homer check and see if you are not the one suckling at Sporano's ample teet.

I'm not going to say he's Sanders or Johnson but no one thought Johnson was going to be Johnson either. It's BS if you said he would. Spiller has about as close of a skill set to Johnson of any rb in this league.
Your right, no one did think that about Johnson. Spiller could do that also, but to assume he will or to expect it is where fans start to go overboard. He is a rookie, and he has not even taken one regular season snap. Spiller was a great college player and will probably have a good year this season. IMO, he is the best running back on your team without question.
And you know he definitely is not the next Barry Sanders how, exactly? No one knows how this kid is going to end up. He's got a great chance of success in this league. He also could tank. Right now, he's looking good, but it's only pre-season. For anyone to say whether he'll be wearing a gold jacket or he'll be a bust is WAY too early to tell. Pre-season means jack****. Don't put too much stock, good or bad, in preseason play, especially on a team with a new HC.
I think me thinking he is not going to be the next Barry Sanders is a lot more realistic then thinking he will be. We are talking about Sanders, who is 3rd on the NFL's all-time rushing list. Sanders probably would have been #1 on that list if he didn't retire in the prime of his career.

The fact that CJ Spiller and Barry Sanders are being used in the same sentence is ridiculous. He is an unproven rookie who will probably carve out a good career. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he fizzled. I have heard Bills fans rave since 2001 about how great Travis Henry, Willis McGahee and Marshawn Lynch were going to be. So....

So judge the preseason when it makes another team look bad? Don't judge the preseason if it has to do with the performance of vets on your team? Don't speak anything positive about a rookie making a great play unless that player is a Miami player? Go away homer?

You want my honest opinion the Division goes Pats, Jets, Phins, Bills. I think the Pats and Jets will have similar records and the Phins and Bills will close to each other as well.

Only Guru coach is in NE. That with Brady and Moss means Championships.

Defense goes to New York. Defense can keep them in any game.

Miami has Ronnie and Marshall. No where near a complete team that can contend.

Bills have a great secondary and they are counting on a Rookie to do... it all. I will be wearing a paper bag on my head when I go to the bar on game days.

Next time you wanna call someone a homer check and see if you are not the one suckling at Sporano's ample teet.

LOL lets get good out the way first, The Bills strength with/without Byrd is their Secondary, It looks like everyone of those DB's are built and are very athletic, I said Spiller showed the world he is a pure athlete by making 3 defenders miss on that 30 yd TD. Now, as for all this homer talk. You typed a statline of the game and then ?ion if i watched it. I watched enough to state the obvious which is the O-Line is terrible, and that opponents are going to stack the box to limit Spiller. I guess ill give credit to Trent Edwards for not overthrowing Evans and to Evans for not dropping the ball....

My opinion of this division:
NE is still strong just not on championship level, they have lost a step and have a pretty suspect Defense
NYJ have a strong D, but what good is a D when your QB is throwing picks left and right. The Jets are just a hype machine.
Buffalo uh, well Top 5 pick in next years draft.

The Phins may not be complete but who is in this division honestly??????(Pats-Good O/Bad D, Jets-GREAT D/suspect Offense)

Ill say this, if you got a good offense in todays NFL and a somewhat decent D you can make the postseason.(see your Division winning Pats) As far as the AFC EAST goes, the Dolphins have the most complete offense(WR,RB,OL) of any team in the division...Thats not homerism either.
I find it funny most of the Bills fans on this forum see the Phins fighting for 3rd in the East with Buffalo. Im not a homer and the truth hurts.

Back
Top Bottom