Sports Agent David Canter predicts QB Ryan Tannehill will start opening day | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Agent David Canter predicts QB Ryan Tannehill will start opening day

If it is anywhere near close RT should start. Were paying him $8M for the season. Moore is being paid 3.75M and Garrard 3.35M.

Either Moore and Garrard would save us around $3M vs cap if cut. That makes room to pickup another skilled player.
Either way RT should be 2nd string and one of the Moore/garrard combo should go.

No need to spend over $15M for the QB position when you don't have a top 10 QB. well maybe we do in RT but he needs to start to find out.

my thoughts as well...i think if garrards health holds up he sticks as the vet presence backup if he doesn't win the job for tannehill...i think moore goes one way or another...b/t where did you get the $8 mil number for tannehill this year??? if thats the case we are front loading the heck out of the contract which should help us down the road if we cut him eat little to no money...

care to give us your take on what you see??? also should tanny be getting reps with the 1's in your opinion off what you see on the field???

IMO the coaches are trying to settle who is better between Gerrard and Moore first. That's why they are getting most of the reps with he 1st team right now. I expect that battle to have full clarity after this weekends scrimmage. Once that is settled I think we will see the winner of that battle compete with Tannehill for the starting job for the rest of the preseason and we will see Tanny get his opportunities with the 1's.

As far as what I see? I see everything Canter said. I see a smart QB that has traits you can't teach such as accuracy, ball placement, anticipation. I see a guy with better awareness and instincts than the other QB's. The only negative I have seen is that he is rushing his reads when he gets blitzed but that is something that can be easily corrected the more he plays. As far as talent though, the kid has it.

IMO the coaches are trying to settle who is better between Gerrard and Moore first. That's why they are getting most of the reps with he 1st team right now. I expect that battle to have full clarity after this weekends scrimmage. Once that is settled I think we will see the winner of that battle compete with Tannehill for the starting job for the rest of the preseason and we will see Tanny get his opportunities with the 1's.

As far as what I see? I see everything Canter said. I see a smart QB that has traits you can't teach such as accuracy, ball placement, anticipation. I see a guy with better awareness and instincts than the other QB's. The only negative I have seen is that he is rushing his reads when he gets blitzed but that is something that can be easily corrected the more he plays. As far as talent though, the kid has it.

how bout moore and garrard...clear cut winner in your opinion already???

how bout moore and garrard...clear cut winner in your opinion already???

Garrard is winning that battle right now. Moore looks very erratic. For every nice throw he makes he follows it up with a WTF were you thinking play. Garrard looks steady. Nothing special but he is more composed than Moore and when he is in there you don't worry about him making mistakes. BTW garrard threw an absolute beautiful bomb to Wallace down the sideline to close out practice. His arm strength looked great on that pass.

I hope you are right...and I actually think this makes sense. I could see Tanny start getting reps with the 1s next week...and then if he performs well in the 1st preseason game then things will start getting really interesting.

I hope you are right...and I actually think this makes sense. I could see Tanny start getting reps with the 1s next week...and then if he performs well in the 1st preseason game then things will start getting really interesting.

As greedy as it would be, I agree there's no way they keep two both Garrard and Moore. Both at the very least will make extremely attractive candidates for teams needing a worthwhile #2 or possible #1 (depending on their QB situation).

Garrard is winning that battle right now. Moore looks very erratic. For every nice throw he makes he follows it up with a WTF were you thinking play. Garrard looks steady. Nothing special but he is more composed than Moore and when he is in there you don't worry about him making mistakes. BTW garrard threw an absolute beautiful bomb to Wallace down the sideline to close out practice. His arm strength looked great on that pass.

is wallace making plays against guys who will make the roster or camp fodder??? also garrard i'm sure they look at him like penny...steady eddie...nothing special...but safe

one other thing point blank if you had to say today off what you've seen to date if we found our long term qb in ryan tannehill right now what would you say...yes/no??? do you see franchise qb???

Even if Tannehill plays better, I think coahes will still sit him. I think theres a pretty good chance he could be the #2 QB on the depth chart though. We also tend to put too much weight on these practice tweets. How these QB's execute in the games is what will tell us the most about them.

And David canter is Paul Soliai and Sean Smith's agent

my thoughts as well...i think if garrards health holds up he sticks as the vet presence backup if he doesn't win the job for tannehill...i think moore goes one way or another...b/t where did you get the $8 mil number for tannehill this year??? if thats the case we are front loading the heck out of the contract which should help us down the road if we cut him eat little to no money...
Moore is in big trouble. Im hopeful we could trade him for a late pick...or maybe a depth player at another position. Heck GB could be interested in him as a backup...they have a few WRs that they may have to end up cutting that are pretty dang talented...more so than guys like Naanee who for the life of me I still don't understand why he's ahead of Wallace on the depth chart right now.

I trust Philbin and Sherman know what they are doing with Tannehill.

Let's see how he fairs in preseason. If he dominates the 3rd stringers, you have no choice but to keep bumping him up. That's what studs force you to do.

Moore is in big trouble. Im hopeful we could trade him for a late pick...or maybe a depth player at another position. Heck GB could be interested in him as a backup...they have a few WRs that they may have to end up cutting that are pretty dang talented...more so than guys like Naanee who for the life of me I still don't understand why he's ahead of Wallace on the depth chart right now.

If my boy Moore's skillset don't fit this offense when everything's said and done, then I doubt GB takes a flyer on him. Seems an unlikely destination.

Still a lot of camp left and the preseason.

IMHO - They are trying to determine whch of the two gets them the best 8-10 starts and whether David is healthy enough to give them that because I believe Tanney will end the year as the starter - no question

So whats Pat Delvin been up to? He could be a legit #3 QB should Tannehil end up being the #2...

is wallace making plays against guys who will make the roster or camp fodder??? also garrard i'm sure they look at him like penny...steady eddie...nothing special...but safe

one other thing point blank if you had to say today off what you've seen to date if we found our long term qb in ryan tannehill right now what would you say...yes/no??? do you see franchise qb???

Re Wallace: I dont see anything special but you can see he has gotten a little better from last year. He looks like he runs his routes at a quicker pace. His hands look better. However, he doesn't get targeted often which tells me he might have trouble creating separation. I'll try to focus on him more, even when the ball doesn't come his way.

Re Tanny: Man, that's a loaded question. I'll say this. Talent wise, yes, franchise QB material. But I won't go there yet. We need to see how he leads, how he overcomes mistakes, how resilient he is, how many times he can pull out wins in 4th quarters. I guess the only way to find that out is by letting him play. So is he a franchise QB? I'll get back to you on that one....lol.

Back
Top Bottom