Sports Business Journal..Ross' company bidding on LA stadium? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Business Journal..Ross' company bidding on LA stadium?

I think Ross wants the team to succeed here, but it seems no matter what miami fans won't show up for this team. He spent a billion $ on this team, eventually you have to ask, whats it gonna take?

I started getting worried the dolphins could leave Miami during the pennington run when we were making an incredibly exciting run for the playoffs, and the stadium was still empty.

Gee, one playoff appearance in what 8 years....no wonder the fans aren't coming. Consistant winning will bring the fans back, plain and simple. Not just a one year shot. The mismanagement of the franchise is the reason for low attendance.
Secondarily, should the Dolphins move, I will never watch another one of their games (or any NFL games), I've been a loyal fan of the MIAMI Dolphins, and them alone.

Even when the stadium is not empty there are a TON of the opposing team fans.

You don't see that anywhere else. Only in miami!!!!!

Gee, one playoff appearance in what 8 years....no wonder the fans aren't coming. Consistant winning will bring the fans back, plain and simple. Not just a one year shot. The mismanagement of the franchise is the reason for low attendance.
Secondarily, should the Dolphins move, I will never watch another one of their games (or any NFL games), I've been a loyal fan of the MIAMI Dolphins, and them alone.
look at big market teams new york or philly, or small market teams like buffalo or greenbay...it doesnt matter what they do...win or lose people are going to show up (not saying they wont complain but they will show up)

Miami is at a disadvantage in that if the dolphins suck, I have 300,000,001 more things to do if its a nice day out and 200,000,002 if the weather is bad...all florida teams (outside of UF but we wont get into the Jorts wearing rednecks) have this issue...

In the end winning is the only thing that will bring people back...and not just 1 good season...we've been through 13 years of flat out sucking and havent been to a superbowl since 84...its gonna take a few seasons...

people keep saying the NFL wont let ross leave and I dont know why? the NFL let Houston leave, it let Cleveland leave...if ross decides he's leaving why would the NFL block him especially if it brings a team back to LA...

It would serve Miami right if the dolphins move! The new generation of fans down there are the epitome of the entitlement generation! I think Puerto Rico would be a better destination though!

Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me

You people are ****ing hilarious. This has nothing to do with the Dolphins. I swear, people just love being negative about everything. I don't get the mindset.

I am sure people in Baltimore were chuckling about the Colts "never moving away," until the Irsays filled up the moving vans and took the team to Indianapolis. The bottom line to Ross, and every other NFL owner, is not pleasing the fans, it is about MONEY...and that speaks a lot louder than anything else.

Just tweeted out by Ben Volin. Does anyone have an account with Sports Business Journal to post the jist of the article. Interesting if he's sending Miami-Dade a message for a new stadium.

:rolleyes:

Ross will never move the team he isnt in this for money. The Dolphins have been a massive money drain for him.

However if attendances and tv figures dont improve and the next owner isnt a fan or a local, the people of Miami have plenty to worry about. Especially if the stadium doesbt tie the team to the city.

I am sure people in Baltimore were chuckling about the Colts "never moving away," until the Irsays filled up the moving vans and took the team to Indianapolis. The bottom line to Ross, and every other NFL owner, is not pleasing the fans, it is about MONEY...and that speaks a lot louder than anything else.

moving the team would be quite a loss of money since the stadium is part of what he paid for. Its not as easy as bringing in a moving van in in todays NFL. Pleasing the fans usually results in making money .
That being said it wont happen, this is quite a different case and the NFl wants a team in Miami.

I seriously doubt the NFL would approve of Miami losing the Dolphins. Ross is being an idiot if he is trying to bully the taxpayers into helping to fund the renovations. They just got screwed by the Marlins and Ross is only vilifying himself.

While Ross might want to attempt to get the NFL's approval, I don't think he actually needs it. Al Davis won his court case against the NFL when the NFL tried to stop him from moving the Raiders from Oakland to Los Angeles. That legal precedent has already been set.

I don't have a subscription, but the link just says Ross is in the running to purchase AEG, which, if Wikipedia is to be believed, is:

"the world's largest owner of sports teams and sports events, the owner of the world’s most profitable sports and entertainment venues, and under AEG Live, the world's second largest presenter of live music and entertainment events."

They own numerous arenas in multiple cities/countries. Doesn't seem like any special indication that the Dolphins are about to pick up and leave Miami.

I suggest everybody takes five minutes and researches exactly what AEG owns.

This is about real estate.

Back
Top Bottom