Sports Business Journal..Ross' company bidding on LA stadium? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Business Journal..Ross' company bidding on LA stadium?

this whole thing sucks.

the marlin money should have gone to the Dolphins. tell the marlins to go F themselves and move if they wanted. this isn't a baseball town anyway.

neither team deserves any public money

AEG does not own the Lakers. Philip Anschutz personally owns part of the Lakers, but his company AEG does not. AEG only owns the stadium, not the team.

ok, I was just going off the website so I stand corrected.

The point still remains that it is an investment worth looking in to.

Anybody who honestly thinks this is a ploy to get a stadium is either really naive or an idiot. No offense meant, but unless we're talking the NBA or NHL (where there are so many state of the art arenas around the country ready made for relocation) it's not happening, and the league can deny the move.

Remember, a few years ago the cities of San Antonio and Portland were ready and willing to fully fund building baseball stadiums to bring the Marlins in but Bud Selig wouldn't let them leave. The NFL refused to let Tom Benson move the Saints. In most cases, relocation is a last resort unless the new owners are from a city that is desperate for a pro team.

I dont see why this has anything to do with moving the Dolphins to LA. Sounds like a legitimate business move to me.

The major assets owned by AEG are the Staples Center in LA, the Cal State stadium, and the Millennium Dome in London. AEG also owns stakes in Major League Soccer teams (DC, Chicago, NYC, and San Jose), and the hockey team the LA Kings. It sounds like a good buy to me.

AEG was in talks to develop a new stadium in Los Angeles, not take ownership of a team - and Ross is in the commerical real estate development business. Owning a stadium and owning a team are not the same things. Even if Ross wanted to move the team, whats he going to do with an empty stadium in south FL? That would be a huge money pit. Nobody is buying that stadium without a pro sports team's with a long term stadium lease.

You all are paranoid.

Superb post and my thoughts exactly.

you guys are funny.

Like Ross's partners wouldn't want to bid on an NFL stadium because ross has the dolphins...

1- they don't give a rat's ass, they're into real estate not sports (ross is, not all the guys around him)

2- Ross likes miami, and also relishes the fact that we can host a superbowl and have done so once every four years since the existence of the event.

It is a fair asumption to believe that if Ross and his buddies buy the LA stadium, the dolphins could be in the talks for the move... but not in a near future, not a all. He's thinking long term, if this was bound to happen it would be in 5+ years

Well that should end all the Los Angelas Fairies dreams from certain people on this website.

I agree its not an issue but lets not act like Ross is some beacon of integrity and would be beyond lying once again

I thought about it and I really don't care. If it happened I would just stop following the NFL. As you get older you begin to realize it's just the same bs over and over. The only reason I care now is because I have been a fan of the Dolphins since I was about 7 years old. Thats 37 years. That really is the only attachment that I have to the NFL. Now if Orlando had a team or even an MLS team I would be thrilled. Assuming the Dolphins were no longer n Miami.

Who would have thought the legendary and fabled franchise of the Baltimore Colts would move to Indy. Similarly the fabled and legendary Cleveland Browns left to go to Baltimore.

As the Chinese would say 'We live in interesting times'

I thought about it and I really don't care. If it happened I would just stop following the NFL. As you get older you begin to realize it's just the same bs over and over. The only reason I care now is because I have been a fan of the Dolphins since I was about 7 years old. Thats 37 years. That really is the only attachment that I have to the NFL. Now if Orlando had a team or even an MLS team I would be thrilled. Assuming the Dolphins were no longer n Miami.

I think many share your sentiments. The NFL is all about bamboozling taxpayers out of hard earned money and filling their coffers. The NFL doesnt give one crap about its fans

the move has absolutely nothing to do with relocation. AEG is a product that would be too good to pass up for him to own. It's a company that has helped save several sports franchises around the world.
Yeah uhm, AEG isn't just the LA stadium folks, calm down.

Yea I think if they shipped the fins out of Miami I would just stop watching the NFL. I hope LA does get a team so they can stop threatening every team that doesn't sellout with a move.

Bravo. Your posts are really great. Save me some time. You hit all the valid points.

My browser doesn't work well on Finheaven, for some reason. I can't see anything until I switch to "printable view." That means I'm spared sigs and avatars and other nonsense but it also means it's not as convenient, and often my stays are short here, and I don't visit as many forums or revisit threads. My number of thanks is certainly lower than it should be, although I've tried to improve that lately.

I wouldn't mind setting up my account to automatically thank TheWalrus for every post, regardless of content. I'd take my chances.

High praise indeed from the Dean of Dolphins Stadium Hating. I'm at most but a lowly Associate Professor in that discipline. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom