Steve Hutchinson or Bentley? Your Thoughts? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steve Hutchinson or Bentley? Your Thoughts?

infiltrateib said:
Heh. You just put a late-round draft pick without a snap on his resume in at Left Tackle on a reshuffled line with a brand new QB.
I think he has alot of talent and he can handle it, Frerotte will still be our QB unless we trade for somebody like Schaub and I think we are done trading for back-ups

nick1 said:
I think he has alot of talent and he can handle it, Frerotte will still be our QB unless we trade for somebody like Schaub and I think we are done trading for back-ups

Where did you gather that he has a lot of talent and can handle it? We haven't seen him play a down.

And no one else seemed to think so, since he came to us preeeeety late.

infiltrateib said:
Where did you gather that he has a lot of talent and can handle it? We haven't seen him play a down.

And no one else seemed to think so, since he came to us preeeeety late.
he has a mean streak on the football field, when we drafted him we had and still have the best o-line coach in the NFL who sees something good in him. just a hutch but I think he will be a future starter

Disgustipate said:
No, they did not say they are going to franchise him. Some Seahawk fans think this is a case, some others do not. Please get it straight.
Actually, you get it straight, 2 hardcore Seahawk fans close to the team on Maddenmania boards have passed this info along. (and they aren't in good spirits this day.)

They can't franchise Alexander, Jones finally signed a long term deal, Hutchinson is their only big resign...and one of the biggest in the NFL offseason. He will be franchised.

VanDolPhan said:
Don't expect to sign either. Saban signed Houck so he wouldn't have to spend large money on OL.
I have to agree. Although I'd like to see us be able to add an OL the likes of these two, Saban is most likely to stick with the idea of getting value for his money. I think he'll likely go with a FA that is being knocked for one reason or another, but a reason that Saban feels he can deal with. I just don't see him reaching for a an OL, especially interior OL, as they're too easy to find late in the draft, when they cost next to nothing and are hungy to prove something.

Schleprock said:
Actually, you get it straight, 2 hardcore Seahawk fans close to the team on Maddenmania boards have passed this info along. (and they aren't in good spirits this day.)QUOTE]

Then I guess it's official!

Schleprock said:
Actually, you get it straight, 2 hardcore Seahawk fans close to the team on Maddenmania boards have passed this info along. (and they aren't in good spirits this day.)

Oh joy. People on a message board. Yah that's legitimate :rolleyes2

It's not guarenteed. Nobody in the Seattle organization has said boo on it yet. They would have to pay him LEFT TACKLE money to franchise him and I do believe they don't have enough cap room to carry a franchise tag on a GUARD.

Either way he isn't coming here. I can't see Saban blowing huge money on OL that he hasn't personally drafted etc.

Trade a fourth to the Vikes for Birk!!! He's already basically blacklisted himself by saying he didn't like the Vikes head office.

Dolfan5000 said:
Trade a fourth to the Vikes for Birk!!! He's already basically blacklisted himself by saying he didn't like the Vikes head office.

That's a situation that certainly needs to be followed. A 4th is quite a bit to give up at random though, however but Ricky+ a pick isn't such a bad proposition.

Jaj said:
That's a situation that certainly needs to be followed. A 4th is quite a bit to give up at random though, however but Ricky+ a pick isn't such a bad proposition.
Birk is under 28 I think and he's a Pro Bowl center soooo... maybe worth a 4th or 5th.

Dolfan5000 said:
Birk is under 28 I think and he's a Pro Bowl center soooo... maybe worth a 4th or 5th.

I'm pretty sure he's 29 turning 30 this season. Since he's in the NFC it would be a good deal, however we would play him next season. The advantage to a Ricky trade plus a pick is that his signing bonus will be absorbed heavily by Minnesota and we'll be able to play around with it in the coming years.

Jaj said:
I'm pretty sure he's 29 turning 30 this season. Since he's in the NFC it would be a good deal, however we would play him next season. The advantage to a Ricky trade plus a pick is that his signing bonus will be absorbed heavily by Minnesota and we'll be able to play around with it in the coming years.
Yeah, something like Ricky for Birk and a 3rd or so would be really beneficial for both teams. But since they've had trouble with Smith getting suspended for a year because of drugs would you want to trade for Ricky, knowing what he has been capable of doing, if you were Wilf?

Dolfan5000 said:
Yeah, something like Ricky for Birk and a 3rd or so would be really beneficial for both teams. But since they've had trouble with Smith getting suspended for a year because of drugs would you want to trade for Ricky, knowing what he has been capable of doing, if you were Wilf?

I'm thinking the best trade might be with the Eagles tell you the truth. The Eagles have first of all T.O. if Saban wants him, their own 3rd round pick, and three fourth round picks to play ball with. A T.O., 3rd, 4th deal after T.O.'s roster bonus would be a nice deal.

Then we can ship that 4th to the Vikings for Matt Birk.

Jaj said:
I'm thinking the best trade might be with the Eagles tell you the truth. The Eagles have first of all T.O. if Saban wants him, their own 3rd round pick, and three fourth round picks to play ball with. A T.O., 3rd, 4th deal after T.O.'s roster bonus would be a nice deal.

That seems like a reach right now, but I'd love to see it happen.

Jaj said:

Don't you believe the Eagles will release T.O. before they have to pay him that roster bonus? I don't think any team (especially the Dolphins), would trade for T.O. and be on the hook for his current contract.

Back
Top Bottom