Stop Assuming the FO knows more than us! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop Assuming the FO knows more than us!

I'm sorry, but you just proved your entire post to be incorrect.

Are you telling me Randy and Cam have seen less than 2 of Beck's games? You can be sure they have seen every one of his snaps since high school. Twice. So there goes your theory.

Dude, just because you watch a lot of games doesn't mean you evaluate people properly. You think the people who evaluated Tim Couch and Akili Smith and Cade McNown didn't watch a lot of their games? Of course they did. But that doesn't mean they no diddly about their prospects in the NFL.

Cam will get paid millions to COACH the team...it was clear that Randy made the final decision (as it should be with most GMs).

Moreover...I would EXPECT you'll be submitting your glowing resume TOMORROW for the vacated Front Office positions once Cam and Randy are both fired for their 'ineptitude...'

Cam's excited about what can be, and I, for one, am excited for him and our fans who will SUPPORT this team...

Go FINS - '07
i support the team, this does not mean i have to support its leadership and its inept decision making.

In order to be a real fan you must never ever ever question a decision made by the coach. if you do you are not only a bandwagon fan but a communist. i smell lots of sheep ...BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Regardless of where I stand on the Quinn/Ginn situation, what you said is absolutely ridiculous....

You just stated that your weakly based(espn, nfl network) beliefs are superior to hundreds and hundreds of career football professionals beliefs simply because you guessed somewhat correct on like 2 decisions.

Think before you post....

First of all, I mentioned a lot more than 2 decisions. And second, if you knew anything about football and watching some of the perennially deplorable teams like the cardinals and lions, all it takes is two decisions to set back your franchise like 10 years. Manning over Leaf was one decision. And that's exactly what's happened here. You don't think taking Brees would have completely altered the course of this franchise? Or taking Quinn now as opposed to, at very best, a guy who may be as good as Joey Galloway?

I can honestly say the dumbest thread I have ever seen on this board...hands down not even close. Just let it sink in..."stop assuming the FO knows more than we do"..mind boggling...simply mind boggling. I guess I am more qualified to do your job(whatever it is) even though I have not recieved any training..have no idea what you do...and have not even studied what it takes to do your job...just assume that I know your job better than you do...Doctor...Lawyer..Teacher...DOES not matter. You just assume that because you went to school for these things...been at it for dozens of years..studied your craft everyday...means that I am not more qualified? Where to begin?????:shakeno: :shakeno:

Dude, just because you watch a lot of games doesn't mean you evaluate people properly. You think the people who evaluated Tim Couch and Akili Smith and Cade McNown didn't watch a lot of their games? Of course they did. But that doesn't mean they no diddly about their prospects in the NFL.

You just proved my point about this board. Everyone here wants to be critical of the Ginn pick, but most havent even seen Beck play. How can anyone on this board evaluate someone when they dont even watch them? Since you have been to numerous ND games and have seen Beck play twice, does that make you an expert? Does it make me an expert that I have seen Beck and Quinn play a lot? No it doesnt. All this nonsense today comes down to people having a hard on for Quinn cause he is the "sexy" pick, but yet no one really knows exactly how either of these two are going to pan out.

I can honestly say the dumbest thread I have ever seen on this board...hands down not even close. Just let it sink in..."stop assuming the FO knows more than we do"..mind boggling...simply mind boggling. I guess I am more qualified to do your job(whatever it is) even though I have not recieved any training..have no idea what you do...and have not even studied what it takes to do your job...just assume that I know your job better than you do...Doctor...Lawyer..Teacher...DOES not matter. You just assume that because you went to school for these things...been at it for dozens of years..studied your craft everyday...means that I am not more qualified? Where to begin?????:shakeno: :shakeno:

Wow, small idea from a small mind. You're probably the same person worshipping Saban cuz he wrote a book about being a coach, eh? How'd that turn out for ya?

And I'd like to see the great genius degrees these front office people have gotten that you speak of. All that great training to draft Jamar Fletcher.

First of all, I mentioned a lot more than 2 decisions. And second, if you knew anything about football and watching some of the perennially deplorable teams like the cardinals and lions, all it takes is two decisions to set back your franchise like 10 years. Manning over Leaf was one decision. And that's exactly what's happened here. You don't think taking Brees would have completely altered the course of this franchise? Or taking Quinn now as opposed to, at very best, a guy who may be as good as Joey Galloway?

How do you know that? How do you know that Quinn wont turn into Leaf, and Ginn wont turn into Holt? Because you have watched them play? Be careful, dont contradict yourself.

Or taking Ginn now as opposed to a guy who may be as good as Joey Harrington?

Seriously, two sides to every story... The FO was not sold on Quinn. Even though Quinn's QB coach from ND is now the QB coach for the 'Phins... Go figure... :shakeno:

carry on in your denial dolfan homers. our draft today was a circus. ginn is great, but we have needs, none of which were met. no, not even with their "oh **** the fans are trippin' out, we better get a QB fast" pick of john beck in the 2nd round. then, we took an interior lineman when we clearly need someone that can play on the outside. finally, lorenzo booker? don't even try to explain that one...

You just proved my point about this board. Everyone here wants to be critical of the Ginn pick, but most havent even seen Beck play. How can anyone on this board evaluate someone when they dont even watch them? Since you have been to numerous ND games and have seen Beck play twice, does that make you an expert? Does it make me an expert that I have seen Beck and Quinn play a lot? No it doesnt. All this nonsense today comes down to people having a hard on for Quinn cause he is the "sexy" pick, but yet no one really knows exactly how either of these two are going to pan out.

Honestly, what's the best that Ted Ginn could become...Joey Galloway? Anyone see him as more than that, honestly?

Meanwhile, honestly best case, Quinn could be a franchise QB, correct?

Just from a simple risk/reward standpoint, how can you defend the picks?

Wow, small idea from a small mind. You're probably the same person worshipping Saban cuz he wrote a book about being a coach, eh? How'd that turn out for ya?

And I'd like to see the great genius degrees these front office people have gotten that you speak of. All that great training to draft Jamar Fletcher.
You have every right to be disappointed in this draft..every right. When you say you know more than people who have studied hours upon hours of film,done face to face interviews with these people,have legions of scouts who have broken down each player..you sir are truly LOST. MY mind is big enough to know that your theory is based solely on anger and disappointment. You don't have the slightest idea the work and time that goes into the scouting and research of every player. Your idea that you know more is almost criminal. :shakeno: :shakeno:

You have every right to be disappointed in this draft..every right. When you say you know more than people who have studied hours upon hours of film,done face to face interviews with these people,have legions of scouts who have broken down each player..you sir are truly LOST. MY mind is big enough to know that your theory is based solely on anger and disappointment. You don't have the slightest idea the work and time that goes into the scouting and research of every player. Your idea that you know more is almost criminal. :shakeno: :shakeno:

You're missing the whole point bud, just like everyone else. It's not about knowing MORE, it's about getting it right. There's a huge difference. I have no doubt these guys work hard at what they do, but you tell me, how many first day picks have our draft "gurus" gotten right in the last 7-8 years? Not more than 30%. Meanwhile, franchises like the colts, patriots, ravens, etc. continue to get 70-80% right every year, getting pro bowl guys, or at least starters, almost every year. Meanwhile, you look at some of our picks...Yatil Green, J.J. Johnson, Abdul-Jabbar, Fletcher, on and on and on....you tell me why I should believe based on these results that they're "knowledge" helps them get it right any more than me?

I bow down to guys like Pioli and Polian. But not our guys...

Honestly, what's the best that Ted Ginn could become...Joey Galloway? Anyone see him as more than that, honestly?

Meanwhile, honestly best case, Quinn could be a franchise QB, correct?

Just from a simple risk/reward standpoint, how can you defend the picks?

Who was Steve Smith when he came out of college? Can you tell me what type of player he was, or what he was projected to be? No you cannot, nor can you tell me that Ginn, at best, will be a Galloway, where as Quinn, at best, could be a franchise QB. Quinn, like Ginn, has flaws in his game that can be corrected, but decision making and accuracy are things that normally cant be corrected (see Daunte). Ginn is an inexperienced wideout, and route running can be a fixable issue, and Ginn has gamebreaking abilities, which he showed in the championship game, while Quinn had his issues in big game situations. Now here are my opinions of the two, but Im not proclaiming one is going to be better than the other, or one is going to be a Galloway and the other a franchise QB. There is just no way that you, like so many others on this board, proclaim that Quinn is so superior to Ginn and that he was the better pick for the Fins.

You're missing the whole point bud, just like everyone else. It's not about knowing MORE, it's about getting it right. There's a huge difference. I have no doubt these guys work hard at what they do, but you tell me, how many first day picks have our draft "gurus" gotten right in the last 7-8 years? Not more than 30%. Meanwhile, franchises like the colts, patriots, ravens, etc. continue to get 70-80% right every year, getting pro bowl guys, or at least starters, almost every year. Meanwhile, you look at some of our picks...Yatil Green, J.J. Johnson, Abdul-Jabbar, Fletcher, on and on and on....you tell me why I should believe based on these results that they're "knowledge" helps them get it right any more than me?

I think the title of your Thread is the problem.
If you would have stated this opinion first..alot more people would agree with you and I would be one. Yet when you state that that "we" know more than the FO does...it takes away from your arguement. Have we drafted well in the past few years..no way!. Does that mean that some laymen off the street would do a better job?...lets be realistic. You have every right to have little faith in thier judgement...track record has been iffy at best. Yet I would never assume no matter how much I love football..research it..view it...that I would know someone elses job better than he would.

Mueller and Cam havent been doing this for 7-8 years, they have been doing it for a day! Like you, I would LOVE to have Pioli running this team, but going by Muellers drafts in the past, Im confident in what he can do for this team. I will agree with you about what this team has done wrong in the past few years, but you have to be fair and let them have more than a day to evaluate what direction they put the team in.

Back
Top Bottom