Stop Assuming the FO knows more than us! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop Assuming the FO knows more than us!

MadDawg is right about one thing...this front office is not more knowledgable than the average fan. In fact, they seem to be doing their best to outsmart themselves. Hell, they didn't even know how old Beck was.

I had to chime in on this after reading some of he ridiculous posts on this board saying we made the right decisions today. We didn't make the right decisions; we haven't made the right decisions over the last decade. The fact that our two best players in the present (JT and ZT) were drafted by Jimmy Johnson a decade ago is proof enough.

So everytime any of us knowledgeable fans gives our opinion, stop with the ludicrous argument that, "The GMs and NFL Scouts know more than us...it's their job...blah blah blah." You know what, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt when they do something RIGHT for once. What reason has the Dolphins organization given us to trust them? Why should I believe they know more than I do?

Let me put it to you this way. If we (and by we, I mean the knowledgeable fans who pay a lot of attention to this stuff) had been running the drafts for the last few years:

1) We would have drafted Drew Brees instead of Jamar Fletcher
2) Would've drafted Vince Wilfork + another player instead of moving up to get Vernon Carey
3) Would've certainly drafted someone more productive than Jason Allen (can someone say Marcus McNeil who soooo many of us were clammoring for?)
4) Would've drafted Quinn and Dwayne Jarrett instead of Ginn and Beck (which two would you rather have?)

The only two picks I've agreed with (and that other knowledgeable Finheaven posters agreed with at the time) the last few years have been Ronnie Brown and Channing Crowder. And how's that workin out? So who's smarter now: the front office, or knowledgeable fans?

We've all heard the saying: sometimes it's better to be on the outside looking in than the inside looking out? That's exactly what's happened here. Sometimes it's better not to know a certain draftee at the age of 13, because your less likely to draft "his family". Sometimes it's better that you don't just draft SEC players because you once tried to recruit them.

You want us to trust you Miami Dolphins organization, then earn it; prove that you know more than us. Otherwise, why don't you trust US for a change?

I should get a Pullitzer for this. :D

You should run down to Lauderdale right now and go apply for the Dolphins organization you're so smart when it comes to drafting.

:rolleyes2

I was pissed when we passed on Quinn but why not let them get on the field first. If Ginn can be like Bush is for NO then it wasn't a waste.

I'll say the same thing I've been saying. How much did that film study help us with picking Jamar Fletcher? J. J. Johnson? John Avery? Eddie Moore? Jason Allen?

Effort and film study does not equal making the right pick.

You're calling Allen a bust after one year of limited playing time? Make that jump off the cliff over there..

You should run down to Lauderdale right now and go apply for the Dolphins organization you're so smart when it comes to drafting.

:rolleyes2

I was pissed when we passed on Quinn but why not let them get on the field first. If Ginn can be like Bush is for NO then it wasn't a waste.

you are actually comparing ginn to reggie bush...:sidelol:

oh god.:shakeno:

Great thread. People should wake up and realize that the front office often makes decisions so terrible that even us lowly fans can see they're mistakes. I'd love to hear why we're a better team for NOT having Drew Brees, and then you can follow up with Quinn.

I love how everyone on this board is so intelligent. Don't take this the wrong way but very few of you know anywhere near as much about football as an NFL executive does. You, as a casual fan with no coaching or scouting experience cannot claim you are more knowledgeable about football than someone who has spent their life around the game. Half of the people on this board can barely write. This is obviously not directed at MadDawg as he made a very articulate, eloquent post with the some good points, but I have a tough time taking half of you seriously as "knowledgeable" fans or even better, "experts" when every other word is misspelled.

And let's get serious. It's easy to look back and say, "We haven't made a good decision in ten years." Yeah well, hindsight is 20/20. It's easy to say you could've picked 'em better now that we're years removed but it's another to have the gall to make the difficult pick and take the player you're committed to on the day of the draft. No one here is an expert and frankly a lot of you really even aren't that knowledgeable about football. Yes, some people here truly understand football and can really make some good, insightful points. But if you're calling our draft the worst ever on the second day, before any of these players has even picked a number, let alone played a game then you're not an expert. So why don't we relax or else go apply for a job. Because if you know more than the front office why aren't you working there?

Yeah, and there was no way Marino would fall to 23 either, right? And you're so quick to point out Beck's stats...notice I said against better competition. You care to tell me who BYU played?

You just proved how much you don't know. Marino's ability was never in question. He had an alleged cocaine problem. I know Beck played pretty damn good numbers against TCU number 2 nationally ranked defense. Not as good as Quinn did against LSU though. :sidelol:

You just proved how much you don't know. Marino's ability was never in question. He had an alleged cocaine problem. I know Beck played pretty damn good numbers against TCU number 2 nationally ranked defense. Not as good as Quinn did against LSU though. :sidelol:

Wow, this actually shows how much you don't know buddy. Marino's ability was questioned because he had a weak senior year (221/378, 2432 yds, 17 TD, 23 INT). Of course, these were the same people that are now probably questioning Quinn's ability just because he didn't play well in the "important" games. Nevermind how he's done in the other games, or in Marino's case, what he showed in previous years.

And to everyone who keeps telling me to apply for a job with the Fins, I wish it were that easy, because I would love to have the opportunity to restore this franchise to the proud tradition that we once had. As a fan, I bleed aqua and orange and would do everything to get this franchise back on track. Unfortunately, it's certainly too late for me to actually professionally get involved in the NFL; you have to know "guys" to do that. For those of you who hold these guys on a pedestal and think they have years of years of some sort of educational training to be able to do the job of an NFL executive, and as such they are inherently better than fans who obsessively follow teams and know them inside and out, I think you are sadly mistaken. I would rather have guys like Boomer and KB (whom everybody on this board knows) in my FO than the noodniks we have now.

madawg020 most of the examples you gave were from Wannnys era and sabans era, which is now over btw and you should just have some faith in what picks are being chosen. I'm sure Randy Mueller has been studying and analyzing his a** off before this draft, so maybe you should stop assuming the FO doesn't know hat they're doing. And the reason Jason Allen wasnt productive last year was because 1) he signed late and 2) Saban had him trying to play two different postitions as a rookie and in Capers defense btw which is known to be a difficult playbook to learn

Back
Top Bottom