Stop Assuming the FO knows more than us! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop Assuming the FO knows more than us!

I think the title of your Thread is the problem.
If you would have stated this opinion first..alot more people would agree with you and I would be one. Yet when you state that that "we" know more than the FO does...it takes away from your arguement. Have we drafted well in the past few years..no way!. Does that mean that some laymen off the street would do a better job?...lets be realistic. You have every right to have little faith in thier judgement...track record has been iffy at best. Yet I would never assume no matter how much I love football..research it..view it...that I would know someone elses job better than he would.

But now you're just getting into semantics. I define knowledge as being based on results, not just knowing for the sake of knowing; that gets you nothing, as we've learned. It's like getting grades. If some guy keeps getting C's and D's in a class, you conclude he isn't very knowledgeable about teh subject matter correct?

That's the same situation here. The FO has been getting C's and D's the last decade, yet people still wan't to believe that they are knowledgeable in what they are doing. I don't care about effort, just like teachers don't care about how long you study. It's about results, and as such, how can we reach any other conclusion other than they are NOT knowledgeable?

But now you're just getting into semantics. I define knowledge as being based on results, not just knowing for the sake of knowing; that gets you nothing, as we've learned. It's like getting grades. If some guy keeps getting C's and D's in a class, you conclude he isn't very knowledgeable about teh subject matter correct?

That's the same situation here. The FO has been getting C's and D's the last decade, yet people still wan't to believe that they are knowledgeable in what they are doing. I don't care about effort, just like teachers don't care about how long you study. It's about results, and as such, how can we reach any other conclusion other than they are NOT knowledgeable?

You pretty much want to blame Clinton's mistakes on Bush (present), Bush's (past) mistakes on Clinton, etc. How can you blame a front office who hasnt been around this organization long enough to help create or destroy it? Mueller had NO decision making last year under Dictator Saban, and this is Cams first offseason with us.

I myself like the picks,esp ginn and beck! Hope this thread is brought back in 3 years..you cant include a career ending injury,so only if they play and have the chance to...Ill bet beck becomes a decent game manager and ginn turns out to be a game changing WR. The dude is fast and he get some experience ,hes gonna score points and blow by people... mark my words.(barring injury ,that puts them out of football) So put me down as one of the happy ones on draft day 07 .

MadDawg, I happen to agree with you. While GMs and coaches have a lot of access to the players and people around those players, they also have their personal biases and are succeptable to a lot of misinformation. Do we know more? No! Does anyone really belive that you were saying that we KNOW more? God I hope not. Do our hunches work out better than the FO's based on our ability to look at film and not at 40 times... and our ability to use common sense and deductive reasoning? Sometimes sure, and I think that is really what you were saying.

Remember when saban was god and could do no wrong? Well, until proven otherwise, Cam n Randy are also dieties. As is Ginn and Beck and Satele and Booker and every new fin has ever been and ever will be. That's what makes fans. That is also what makes sheep. Next year, assuming we lose more than we win, all of the fans standing in line to stroke Candy's junk will crucify them... and you can bring this thread back :)

Though aspects of this thread are a little ridiculous, there is one valid point to be made here. Assuming that people who hold a certain title always know best is a dangerous way to think. It just is. With our own history we're very familiar with the fact that experience and training dont always amount to intelligent, perceptive choices

well said from a man who posts on an internet site from his living room. Hell, H.Wayne should put you on the payroll.

Without reading any replies this is just directed at the first post.

:lol:

Yeah let's not assume that they know what they are doing better than we do. Afterall they only do this for a career, while we do this in our spare time while we eat Cheetohs watching youtube highlights.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings. At least we drafted some offense. As to Ginn, who needs routes when ya can out run everybody? He may not start as number one, but how can ya not put him on the field at every oppurtunity. As to Beck, well I'm happy. I don't watch college ball that much, but after reading the reviews for our choices of QB, I hoped we'd get him. I don't think age is an issue. He's now a more mature person and ready to be "the man". As to Booker, we do have to replace Morris and Minor., works for me.
And as to Satele, sounds like another guy who could step in immediately and contribute.
Can't wait to see what happens today.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/booker_lorenzo

I guess Dan Marino was a stupid pick, then.

Marino fell due to alleged drug use. Huge difference.

The point isn't that Quinn would have been stupid pick either, the point is that a lot of teams didn't think 'wow we need this guy he is a franchise QB'

1000 guys log on to a message board........

yada yada yada.....

and then the poster says "Stop Assuming the FO knows more than us! "

Thank you ! Thank you ! I've got millions of them. I'll be here 'til Friday. Try the veal.

I think what we're ALL ignoring here is that quarterback and wide receiver are probably the 2 most difficult positions to draft. It is NOT an exact science, regardless of how much "experience" you have scouting players or how many games you've watched. It is impossible to gauge heart. It is impossible to gauge a player's aptitude for the system the drafting team runs. (be it a quarterback or a receiver) And it is impossible to gauge the chemistry between a quarterback and his receivers. I assure you nobody on this board or any OTHER board was clamoring for Brady (Tom, not Quinn) a few years back when he dropped all the way to the 199th selection. The 2 best quarterbacks in the league are arguably Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. One was taken #1 over all and the other wasn't even the best quarterback on his college team! I assure you if Belichick himself expected Brady to be much more than a backup, he wouldn't have waited until the 199th selection to take him. And yet the consensus seems to be that Bill is a "front office genius". If Bledsoe hadn't gotten hurt, we wouldn't even know who Tom Brady is. Further, there is NO LOGICAL explanation as to why Ryan Leaf couldn't be a successful NFL quarterback. His numbers in college were staggering. As far as receivers go, NOBODY expected Steve Smith to be a #1 receiver, much less the most dominant receiver in the game. He wasn't taken until the 3rd round! We've had a run of bad luck. All we should do as fans is keep our fingers crossed and hope that these picks work out for the best. Nobody here knows how things will turn out. Beck might be a hall of famer. He also might be out of the league within 5 years. The same goes for Brady. (Quinn not Tom) Let's all shut up and show some optimism for a change.

I had to chime in on this after reading some of he ridiculous posts on this board saying we made the right decisions today. We didn't make the right decisions; we haven't made the right decisions over the last decade. The fact that our two best players in the present (JT and ZT) were drafted by Jimmy Johnson a decade ago is proof enough.

So everytime any of us knowledgeable fans gives our opinion, stop with the ludicrous argument that, "The GMs and NFL Scouts know more than us...it's their job...blah blah blah." You know what, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt when they do something RIGHT for once. What reason has the Dolphins organization given us to trust them? Why should I believe they know more than I do?

Let me put it to you this way. If we (and by we, I mean the knowledgeable fans who pay a lot of attention to this stuff) had been running the drafts for the last few years:

1) We would have drafted Drew Brees instead of Jamar Fletcher
2) Would've drafted Vince Wilfork + another player instead of moving up to get Vernon Carey
3) Would've certainly drafted someone more productive than Jason Allen (can someone say Marcus McNeil who soooo many of us were clammoring for?)
4) Would've drafted Quinn and Dwayne Jarrett instead of Ginn and Beck (which two would you rather have?)

The only two picks I've agreed with (and that other knowledgeable Finheaven posters agreed with at the time) the last few years have been Ronnie Brown and Channing Crowder. And how's that workin out? So who's smarter now: the front office, or knowledgeable fans?

We've all heard the saying: sometimes it's better to be on the outside looking in than the inside looking out? That's exactly what's happened here. Sometimes it's better not to know a certain draftee at the age of 13, because your less likely to draft "his family". Sometimes it's better that you don't just draft SEC players because you once tried to recruit them.

You want us to trust you Miami Dolphins organization, then earn it; prove that you know more than us. Otherwise, why don't you trust US for a change?

I should get a Pullitzer for this. :D
How much film did you break down leading up to the draft(not just the ESPN highlights)?? How much time did you spend with Brady Quinn, and Ted Ginn??

How much film did you break down leading up to the draft(not just the ESPN highlights)?? How much time did you spend with Brady Quinn, and Ted Ginn??

I'll say the same thing I've been saying. How much did that film study help us with picking Jamar Fletcher? J. J. Johnson? John Avery? Eddie Moore? Jason Allen?

Effort and film study does not equal making the right pick.

Back
Top Bottom