*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations

B7gnwFUCUAA0rIh-1.jpg

:brewskis:

Looks pretty nice..Thanks for the Pics

The completed stadium Dolphins will occupy in 2016 looks like it will make community proud. Should be loud, updated, comfortable. The Dolphins did an excellent job with their stadium presentation today. @TomGarfinkel is impressive rep for the franchise.
@ArmandoSalguero

I long for the day, however, when late Jan. Dolphins pressers are about upcoming game in the stadium instead of stadium itself.
@ArmandoSalguero

:brewskis:

It's nice to hear something positive for a change.

My buddy just sent me a text that the roof can open up wider for hot days. Is that true? I didn't see anything about it in the article he sent me.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero · 17m17 minutes ago
This is what place will look like once '15 work is done, rendering courtesy @TomGarfinkel.

clear.gif

(for some reason the pic won't show)

Here you go, SunLife for the 2015 season:
B7e4zdHIEAIlfdf-1.jpg:large

I think one thing is for certain, this design and plan completely blows away what Wayne Huizenga did in 2005 . . . so for that, I have to give Ross a lot of credit. He's been shot down several times and the Marlins fiasco did him no favors, but he stuck to his guns and he's getting SunLife the love it sorely needs.

In a ideal situation, it would of been great to just have a new stadium built from the ground up . . . . however there are just so many issues with trying to do that (location, money, voting, etc.), this was the only "logical" route to go and if it turns out anything like the designs I say job well done.

I think the one concern for everybody is the roof and just how effective it is going to be from a lot of aspects. Will it shade the crowd yet give us the heat advantage? Will it be efficient against rain? Only time will tell.

For me, I could not care less. I was happy going to that "piss poor" stadium known as the Orange Bowl. Fans were Fantastic, and the place rocked. It was GREAT even with a not so good team playing.

Screw the "sizzle." I prefer the steak.

For me, I could not care less. I was happy going to that "piss poor" stadium known as the Orange Bowl. Fans were Fantastic, and the place rocked. It was GREAT even with a not so good team playing.

Anybody who went to the OB towards the end knows how badly that stadium needed renovating. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, but it was in pretty bad shape and the facilities needed a complete overhaul. Definitely not suitable for "today's" NFL. Hell I didn't want the Dolphins back in there, I wanted it to stay for the Canes tbh.

Oh what could have been

OrangeBowlRenovationStudyMiamiExteriorRe-1.jpg

Here's a projection after everything is complete

dolphinshouse_zpseb3b39b2-1.jpg

I loved the OB but the last 10 years it was falling apart. Still it will always have a special place in my heart . Some of the best memories of my childhood happened there and that can never be replaced.

Same here fish, those memories can't be duplicated. The Bears game the Eagles game when Ron J could not hear anything and so many more.

Back
Top Bottom