*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations

How is that canopy going to work when it rains? Will there be a waterfall coming down from the edges of the canopy... Where does that extend to?

I'm sure they will have some type of drainage system up there, doubt if they will make people paying for the best seats in the house feel like they are on a raging rapids ride at an amusement park. Unless this is what Ross meant by water park :lol:

Hal Habib ‏@gunnerhal
Dolphins likely to have blocks when they're home or away in '16 to allow for construction.Say it won't feel like construction zone at games.

Hal Habib ‏@gunnerhal
Dolphins wanted no part of artificial turf, so to accommodate roof, they're going to install grow lights to keep the natural grass happy.

The completed stadium Dolphins will occupy in 2016 looks like it will make community proud. Should be loud, updated, comfortable. The Dolphins did an excellent job with their stadium presentation today. @TomGarfinkel is impressive rep for the franchise.
@ArmandoSalguero

I long for the day, however, when late Jan. Dolphins pressers are about upcoming game in the stadium instead of stadium itself.
@ArmandoSalguero

:brewskis:

There is a big downspout drain that extends all the way to the ocean.

They are going to bring Snowflake back too! Rad Dude.

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

Hal Habib ‏@gunnerhal
Dolphins wanted no part of artificial turf, so to accommodate roof, they're going to install grow lights to keep the natural grass happy.

Grass makes me Happy Dude.

I love the pictures of the renovations potential.....For the 1st time as a member I can say well done(when it's finished)Ross.

Here's what it will look like when the Canes play their games there.

CANES_zps5602effd-1.jpg

Hopefully a few of the seats will actually have people in them then :)

Here's what it will look like when the Canes play their games there.

CANES_zps5602effd-1.jpg

Hopefully a few of the seats will actually have people in them then :)

If this is the case I'm gonna start planning a Canes Phins weekend in 16.

Does anyone have Outside Pictures of the stadium for 16 because that needs a facelift aswell

For anyone who still says that winning is not on their minds, look at what was part of the design process.

The Dolphins also are hoping to increase their home-field advantage by making Sun Life Stadium louder.

“We did a lot of sound studies,” Garfinkel said. “One of the goals was to try to make it as loud as we can. So we wanted the acoustics to keep the sound in the stadium as opposed to absorb the sound. With the roof canopy, it actually bounces the sound back down. It will be a very loud environment in here when the fans are loud. And that was important. I don’t know that we can ever duplicate or replicate the environment at the Orange Bowl. The Orange Bowl was a unique, special place, but certainly to try to make this as intimate and loud as we can was something we took a very hard look at.”

Back
Top Bottom