*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero · 17m17 minutes ago
This is what place will look like once '15 work is done, rendering courtesy @TomGarfinkel.

clear.gif

(for some reason the pic won't show)

never looked the orange, im looking forward to next seasons "aqua bowl"

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 54s54 seconds ago
The Dolphins are about to announce Sun Life will remain name on stadium over short term.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 10m10 minutes ago
Everyone, and I mean everyone, is at this stadium tour. Gimenez, Ross, Garfinkel, Marino, Philbin, Hickey, Aponte.

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 2m2 minutes ago
#Dolphins owner Stephen Ross said he's trying to create one of the great sports facilities in the country. He thinks it will take two years.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 49s49 seconds ago
Sidelines will be moved in 25 feet on both sidelines. Capacity down to 65,326, with 92 percent in the shade.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 59s60 seconds ago
Garfinkel: "It's going to feel like a brand new stadium." Will work to improve getting in and out of the parking lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
The stadium will eventually include a canopy in time for the 2016 season.

But here’s stage one. And it’s a big improvement. The seats will now be various shades of aqua/blue instead of orange.

Construction crews are spending the next few months replacing every seat. The 100-level sideline sections will be rebuilt with eight or nine lower rows added so that there will be seats closer to the action.

But overall capacity will be reduced by nearly 10,000 to about 66,000. Corner seats in the upper deck will be removed to provide room for columns that will support a canopy.

Some of the columns will be up for the 2015 season, but the canopy — which will shield fans from rain and reduce sun exposure— won’t be ready until 2016.

The 100-level and upper-deck concourses will be renovated in time for next season. Improvements of the 200-section, club-level suites, new video screens and the canopy will be completed in 2016.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...m-seats-out-with-the-orange-in-with-the-aqua/

I like it w/o the canopy, looks too much like a soccer stadium w/ that thing.

I wasn't a fan of the canopy but looking at the updated renderings from the underneath view, I really like it.What's the deal with the 50 yard line seats on the home side? Looks like they are rewarding the best seats in the house with wider aisles/seats and easy access to the concourse, nice.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley
Ross says the soccer games that will be played at Sun Life will be "far superior" to any MLS product. Damn.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley
Ross shoots down the idea of bringing MLS to Sun Life. Said it's way too large. Downtown Miami would Beckham's hope.
B7fsUjbIIAAMLCP-1.jpg

I wasn't a fan of the canopy but looking at the updated renderings from the underneath view, I really like it.What's the deal with the 50 yard line seats on the home side? Looks like they are rewarding the best seats in the house with wider aisles/seats and easy access to the concourse, nice.

I believe they will be having 'Presidential Seating'. Something similar to what the Washington Nations (baseball) have behind home plate. (Im sure other teams have this)

Basically extra comfy, extra padded, extra wide chairs.

Included in the package is private bathrooms and a private restaurant you acess through a tunnel entrance, with all you can eat food and drinks (beer and house liquors also). Waiters walk around with beer, popcorn, candy, etc the entire game, all you can eat for free.

Food in the restaurant is legit pork, turkey carving, sushi, etc plus the usual dogs and burgers.

Had the pleasure of sitting in those seats at a Nationals game one time. VERY NICE!

(Marlins Stadium has this as well I believe)

How is that canopy going to work when it rains? Will there be a waterfall coming down from the edges of the canopy... Where does that extend to?

Back
Top Bottom