*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations

I haven't heard about that yet but if anybody is interested in anything please let me know. I try my best. I am certainly not interested.

Here ya go:

Eventually every seat in the stadium will be removed -- including the concrete -- over the course of the offseason in favor of seats that Garfinkel describes on Twitter as "being closer to the field." Capacity will be lowered from 76,000 to 65,000 with fewer upper-level seats and more placed in the lower level.
Though most of them will not be salvageable, he says the team "will be saving as many intact as we can and will have seat backs as well." Longtime season ticket holders will have the first opportunity to acquire those that can be saved, according to Garfinkel.

Source: http://www.foxsports.com/florida/story/miami-dolphins-stadium-renovations-work-begins-010515

This is what I kind of love about being a Dolphins fan....the seasons always ends early, but the front office finds a way to give some entertaining off season news....whether it be new uniforms, stadium upgrades, stadium naming, new coaches and so on. Sure I would love to make the playoffs at some point, but at least this keeps me entertained for a bit.

NFL chipping in $50 million:

The Miami Dolphins plan to get $50 million from the National Football League's financing program for the $425 million renovation of Sun Life Stadium that recently got underway, according to government documents.

Under the NFL's "G-4" financing program, teams can borrow money for a stadium project, then pay it back using ticket revenue that would otherwise go back to the league. The $50 million figure described in a Miami-Dade bond application is a third of the $150 million in G-4 financing that a county consultant estimated the Dolphins could have qualified for in 2013.

At the time, the Dolphins were pursuing an increase in the county's hotel tax to provide about $115 million toward what was then estimated as a $350 million renovation. That plan failed when the Florida Legislature declined to lift a state cap on hotel-tax rates, prompting owner Stephen Ross and Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez to negotiate a new deal in 2014.

League rules require government assistance for a G-4 loan. The Dolphins are supplying the money for the renovation, which includes a partial canopy, new suites, and replacing existing seats with new ones. But under a deal struck with Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez in June, the Dolphins will receive up to $5 million a year in hotel taxes for bringing Super Bowl, World Cup and other large sporting events to the renovated stadium.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nake...lion-for-425-million-sun-life-renovation.html

Now lower bowl vs old lower bowl.

B7ZmYEqCQAIG1N3-1.jpg:large

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

It still works: http://weather.weatherbug.com/FL/Mi...zcode=z6286&camera_id=PROPL&camera_animate=60

I've never been to the stadium? Is 24 feet a huge difference?

I've never been to the stadium? Is 24 feet a huge difference?
its weird. The stadium was originally built to house the Florida Marlins as well. It had dugouts and weird field seatings. This should help. It will never be like other stadiums though just for the fact that people who buy the season tickets sell them to visiting teams fans on vacation. You ever go to Green bay for vacation?

its weird. The stadium was originally built to house the Florida Marlins as well. It had dugouts and weird field seatings. This should help. It will never be like other stadiums though just for the fact that people who buy the season tickets sell them to visiting teams fans on vacation. You ever go to Green bay for vacation?

Correct.

Originally built to be a multi-sport stadium.

Football, Baseball, Soccer.

That is the reason for the weird angles, dug outs, and extra wide field.

Back
Top Bottom