*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Super Thread* SunLife Stadium Renovations

Another stadium name is coming?

Just go back to JRS and be done with it.

I believe the deal with Sun Life will end sometime this year. It was a 5 year deal that began in Jan 2010 and Sun Life no longer does business in the US.

are they going to get rid of the cartoony stuff on the ramps? makes the stadium look so bad from the exterior.

Cartoony stuff is actually murals by Miami (and by now internationally known) artist Romero Britto.

The 'cartoony' style is his signature look. He has done work for some big names in the corporate word (Disney, BMW, RCCL) and has his main studio in South Beach.

I'm not into all the art stuff (my brother thinks it looks like paint by numbers) but the guys art goes for some nice $$$.

To each his own I guess :idk:

How much do they expect to get done this off season?

The timeline is:
2015 offseason
- all seats replaced.
- Top corners replaced by scoreboards (all 4 corners I believe)
- foundations (maybe pole structures) for roof
- tunnel moved from center endzone to corner
- additional seats in lower bowl to move closer to field
- all underneath work
- some exterior

2016 offseason
- entire club level area
- roof/canope

I am not sure about the sound system and lighting. I do believe it will be redone this offseason.

The timeline is:
2015 offseason
- all seats replaced.
- Top corners replaced by scoreboards (all 4 corners I believe)
- foundations (maybe pole structures) for roof
- tunnel moved from center endzone to corner
- additional seats in lower bowl to move closer to field
- all underneath work
- some exterior

2016 offseason
- entire club level area
- roof/canope

I am not sure about the sound system and lighting. I do believe it will be redone this offseason.

Isn't the new lighting going to be part of the canope? If so, it won't be done until next offseason.

Isn't the new lighting going to be part of the canope? If so, it won't be done until next offseason.

Could be. That's why I am not sure.

The lights are on a metal structure which could be build. The canope could just be laid on top of it the following year.

But it would make sense to do it all together. So I'd agree with you.

Hopefully tearing out the seats will set the spirits from underneath the stadium free and the Dolphins can start winning again :lol:

Hopefully tearing out the seats will set the spirits from underneath the stadium free and the Dolphins can start winning again :lol:

The spirits need a sacrifice lets bury Ross under the stadium, for good measure we can put Philbin there also

Cartoony stuff is actually murals by Miami (and by now internationally known) artist Romero Britto.

The 'cartoony' style is his signature look. He has done work for some big names in the corporate word (Disney, BMW, RCCL) and has his main studio in South Beach.

I'm not into all the art stuff (my brother thinks it looks like paint by numbers) but the guys art goes for some nice $$$.

To each his own I guess :idk:

I think looks terrible, maybe in an art gallery or in someones living room it would look nice but I think it makes exterior of stadium look bad. Just my opinion. I happen to like the Stadium overall and it will be great moving seats closer.

Back
Top Bottom